Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Not Le Mans. Interlagos. (I think. Damn, it's hard to tell from this photo! )
(But yeah, it's a stunner alright!)
It is Le Mans. Thanks guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
It is Le Mans. Thanks guys!
H|I's photo seemed a bit lighter than Interlagos, hence my guess it was Le Mans.

Again, great car! Congrats to H|I.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Re-Badged

Thanks guys!!!
Quote:
Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Hey Hot, where's the pics? Hanging with the alpha males in the M3 forum are you now? Never forget your roots kid. You post one pre-delivery photo, and a few which couldn't even make a blog 'spy shot' column, and you think that's enough? We've lived with your salivating over anything with an engine for years. Throw us a bone here.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Hey Hot, where's the pics? Hanging with the alpha males in the M3 forum are you now? Never forget your roots kid. You post one pre-delivery photo, and a few which couldn't even make a blog 'spy shot' column, and you think that's enough? We've lived with your salivating over anything with an engine for years. Throw us a bone here.
LOL!!! You got it! I'll take some pictures tonight with the Nikon. I was waiting for my black Kidney grille and black gills to come in before I do the shoot though. I'll just take more pics when those come in.
Quote:
Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Re-Badged

Pics have been taken. Now all I gatta do is resize.
Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
Why isnt there a Nurburgring(sp?) Soecial edition one?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Bimmer app
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Over in another thread we're talking about oxygen sensors. My personal sensors are crude in comparison: I detect airflow and wind noise. My on-board computer analyzes these inputs, localizes the source and directs my optic sensors to the area. Second-level processing then concludes that, in fact, a broken tree branch should not be protruding through the broken glass of the basement window.

Upon venturing outside to clear what I thought was wind-blown debris, I learned I am one LUCKY sunuvagun. There is a thirty-footer downed in the yard next to the house, with the topmost branches stuffed into the angle between the main wall and chimney chase. It looks to have rolled or slid into place, just barely striking the window. Had it fallen ten feet to its left, it would be in my living room.

The gust that weakened it was so loud and sustained I never heard the tree fall, and didn't even realize the crack of breaking glass (restrained by privacy film) had happened in my house. Power went out 15 minutes earlier and I was upstairs messing with candles at the moment of impact.

Gonna be a long night, and a long day tomorrow....

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in period. You can guess the rest. BMW CCA
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
I was also lucky so far in this crazy storm. Had a monster old tree fall across the road from the edge of my property and luckily no one was injured or worse driving by. I didn't even know it happened because it was dark and someone must have called it in. The township had a work crew show up to clear the road. They cut large sections and had a bull dozer brought in to push the debris across the road away from my property. Tax dollars well spent.

The wind is still howling out there. Now, all we have to do is get through the night unscathed.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Re-Badged

A peak at what's to come.

I have no plans on putting on a front plate, MD is a two plate state but and I may get stopped but I do have a tow hook license plate bracket in the car.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 10-29-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Second-level processing then concludes that, in fact, a broken tree branch should not be protruding through the broken glass of the basement window. . . . .

Had it fallen ten feet to its left, it would be in my living room.

Gonna be a long night, and a long day tomorrow....
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
The wind is still howling out there. Now, all we have to do is get through the night unscathed.

One of our neighbors trees came down over our garage during Ike (the last one that came through our area). When I opened the back door when it was finally daylight the topmost branches were about 3 feet from the door. There is no such thing as sleeping at night when a hurricane is howling.

My thoughts are with all of you on the eastern seaboard dealing with this right now.

Best of Luck.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 AM

A tempest in a teapot, inland NH. Some rain, some wind, nothing worse than a Summer storm, just over a longer time period. This morning there were about a hundred pine cones in my driveway. The nearest pine tree is 75' away, on the other side of the house!
The biggest break is that our power never went out though I'd be ready with a generator. Seems like they are the new snowblower, once rare, now everyone has one. That's what happens after the lights (and heat) go out for a week in January.

Zeichen, you have privacy film on your cellar windows? Just what are you doing down there? PM me if it's real fun.

Last edited by DSXMachina; 10-30-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
The storm had very little effect on us. We did not get much rain it wasn't that windy and we did not lose power. The damage was from the storm surge in the low lying coastal areas.

The city is shut down today as there was a huge amount of damage to the transit system. The airports are closed and the tunnels under the Hudson and East Rivers are closed until further notice. The major bridges are due to open at noon.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory

Last edited by captainaudio; 10-30-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
One of our neighbors trees came down over our garage during Ike (the last one that came through our area). When I opened the back door when it was finally daylight the topmost branches were about 3 feet from the door. There is no such thing as sleeping at night when a hurricane is howling.

My thoughts are with all of you on the eastern seaboard dealing with this right now.

Best of Luck.
Thanks.

We lost our TV cable which includes landline phone and internet (I'm using a wireless modem), but our power never went out, fortunately. We have a large property with many trees and surrounding woods and a stream at the bottom of a hill. Our house looks fine but we lost about 8-10 trees in the woods and our yard is trashed with broken limbs, etc. The stream looks like a rushing river and the surrounding land is under water but that happens in most storms. Overall though, I think we made out much better than expected.

Still raining and blowing about 25 MPH and the cleanup begins ASAP.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Re-Badged

I still have power!
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I still have M3 power!
Fixed!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post

Best of Luck.
+1. I think I will take earthquakes over hurricanes, thank you very much.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
I'm not so sure. I've lived thru some real big hurricanes -so big they retired the names (Carol, Donna, Floyd, etc.). A couple weeks ago we had a 4.7 earthquake which wouldn't even make water cooler small talk in California. It was the first time my house actually shook, things moved, and there was an incredible noise which to me was like the world's largest snowplow going down the road. That was a baby earthquake. I'll take my chances with hurricanes anytime.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not so sure. I've lived thru some real big hurricanes -so big they retired the names (Carol, Donna, Floyd, etc.). A couple weeks ago we had a 4.7 earthquake which wouldn't even make water cooler small talk in California. It was the first time my house actually shook, things moved, and there was an incredible noise which to me was like the world's largest snowplow going down the road. That was a baby earthquake. I'll take my chances with hurricanes anytime.
The difference is that your earthquake experience lasted what - 10 seconds? 15? After that 'experience', you were done and could go about your life. If there was any damage, you knew what you had to do to recover. With a hurricane, the 'experience' goes on for hours. Power is likely out for days, and, and, and. I have 'experienced' 2 major earthquakes (Sylmar in SoCal in 1971, if memory serves, and Loma Prieta in NoCal in 1989) and the most damage was a cracked strip of drywall that was easily taped over and painted. No power outage for me in either quake. I had a store of supplies for emergency use that I could have tapped, but there was no need.

I will take a quake any day over a hurricane.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The difference is that your earthquake experience lasted what - 10 seconds? 15? After that 'experience', you were done and could go about your life. If there was any damage, you knew what you had to do to recover. With a hurricane, the 'experience' goes on for hours. Power is likely out for days, and, and, and. I have 'experienced' 2 major earthquakes (Sylmar in SoCal in 1971, if memory serves, and Loma Prieta in NoCal in 1989) and the most damage was a cracked strip of drywall that was easily taped over and painted. No power outage for me in either quake. I had a store of supplies for emergency use that I could have tapped, but there was no need.

I will take a quake any day over a hurricane.
Hmmm. You and I have both been very lucky. Your earthquakes and my hurricanes have been disastrous or 'the end' for many people.
I remember the Loma Prieta quake, it took a large bridge down in your part of the state as I recall. And a few overpasses as well. My daughter lives in San Diego and I check the epicenter every time I hear about an earthquake.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Hmmm. You and I have both been very lucky. Your earthquakes and my hurricanes have been disastrous or 'the end' for many people.
I remember the Loma Prieta quake, it took a large bridge down in your part of the state as I recall. And a few overpasses as well. My daughter lives in San Diego and I check the epicenter every time I hear about an earthquake.
It did more than that. There was a whole stretch of I-880 that pancaked due to inadequate re-bar in the concrete roadway supports. Same for what was called the Embarcadero freeway that ran almost the length of the Embarcadero in S.F. Large sections of S.F. Marina district were swallowed up from liquefaction of bad landfill. After the liquefaction event, the district almost ceased to exist from fire (it took fireboats parked in the bay turning their water spray on the city to stop many of the fires), since many of the fire-mains were swallowed up in the liquefaction event. Unfortunately, those consequences were predicted way before the quake hit. I have not lived in S.F. since 1982 for that specific reason.

But even for the victims, they knew whether they were survivors or not within 1 minute max after the quake hit.

I am not trying to minimize the impact of earthquakes or hurricanes; it is just that if given the choice, I would rather take the earthquake.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Fixed!
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Re-Badged

CA, have you heard anything about the Jaguar F-Type? Sister's lease on the is up on the 650, and that thing fits the bill to a T in what she wants from a car. How's Jags reliability? Have you had any issues? The car is gorgeous.
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
CA, have you heard anything about the Jaguar F-Type? Sister's lease on the is up on the 650, and that thing fits the bill to a T in what she wants from a car. How's Jags reliability? Have you had any issues? The car is gorgeous.
I have not seen an F-Type yet but will probably get invited to test drive one once they are released. We have had no issues with the XKR.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Old 10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I have not seen an F-Type yet but will probably get invited to test drive one once they are released. We have had no issues with the XKR.

CA
Please let me know your impressions! Quality, drive, the whole enchilada! I am very eager to see what it's made of!
Quote: