Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
After 40+ miles with the 328 AT loaner I am convinced these cars need to be driven in DS mode. D mode is just horribly lethargic. Case and point, I took a 20 mph right hand turn with a group and usually would smoothly pull past people that are slow to get out of the turn (multi-lane road). When getting on the throttle once I was through the turn and in D-Mode the car did nothing. I kept increasing throttle and nothing happened until it finally kicked a gear down and took off making me look like a juvenile race. Very frustrating! In D-Mode the car resembles nothing of the vehicle I bought with all pedals attached. In DS mode, the car at least spins gears up to 3k RPM regularly and the car feels responsive and alive. I'd only keep it in D if I was tooling through major slow traffic or going 60 mph+ on the highway. In regular city stoplight traffic D feels less responsive than driving my old Ford Focus.

(Can't wait to get my car back )
At least I will be able to pass you the next time your fuel pump takes a dump. j/k

2011 328xi. Space Grey, Beige Dakota Leather, Premium pkg., Value pkg., NAV, SAT, Heated SW, Steptronic,
Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Not me. When I got married Nixon was the Prez and we still did things the old fashioned way. Engaged. Married. Consummated. Apartmented. Babied. Housed. How quaint, eh? So what advice do I have to offer having done it bass ackwards from you? Only what wisdom comes with age...
Right now you have lots of options. Houses are (relatively) cheap for those with solid incomes and high FICO's. You want to stop pissing money down a rental rat hole, get a jump on something you figure you'll do later anyway, and have a cozy joint for you and the future missus to set up housekeeping.
I'd advise you to go slow. House prices are likely to continue a downslope for a few years (at least). The money you spend on rent saves you from a major purchase which will probably be depreciating, so consider that a financial wash. You should not set an anchor until you're sure you're where you want to stay. Stay loose, keep all your possibilities open, and see which way the winds blow after the I do's.
We're definitely unconventional. I think my grandparents would roll in their graves if they knew we were thinking of taking these steps and aren't married. It's certain that the engagement will come....just waiting on the cash to pull the trigger....she's not a cheap date Maybe by Christmas time she'll have a new accessory

I've been kicking myself the past year or so for not owning a place, but like I said before we've moved 3 times in the past 18 months. She's still not sure about her job and while I like mine, there are bigger and better things out there now. It just hasn't been the right time.

As for the money issues that stem from not being married and buying the house... We're pretty much 50/50 in our savings accounts. I wouldn't have a problem putting her on the papers because she would be dumping half the money into the place anyways. The town we're planning on settling in has been pretty stable through this housing market. Median prices in the mid 400s before and after the crash. Regardless, I think having 20% gives us a good buffer against going upside down in the event the market really takes a turn for the worse.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
I am assuming your other half doesn't have a computer, internet access and has never heard of Bimmerfest...
Also available in Alpine White...

Last edited by ///M-ratedE90; 07-27-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Officially Contaminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
I am assuming your other half doesn't have a computer, internet access and has never heard of Bimmerfest...
After meeting Furby, I doubt she'll ever want to check these forums
Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
After meeting Furby, I doubt she'll ever want to check these forums
You cut me deep, you cut me real deep.

And now you are dead to me.

As for the home, asia is right, don't just buy yet. I spoke with a friend of mine who owns a successful real estate business (he has a agents who work for him). He flat out said it's terrible time to buy. The market has not finished tanking...this debt ceiling issue won't help anything. He would tell you to nnot buy and invest your money in something else (ammo probably). Mind you these are the words from a person who makes a living of buying/selling and he told me (a friend) that renting is the best bet. House buying/investing is no good. Maybe if you think you will live there for the next 20 years.

Now you can die to me, and your g/f will get no potatoe salad from me during the shiva!

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer App

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You cut me deep, you cut me real deep.

And now you are dead to me.

As for the home, asia is right, don't just buy yet. I spoke with a friend of mine who owns a successful real estate business (he has a agents who work for him). He flat out said it's terrible time to buy. The market has not finished tanking...this debt ceiling issue won't help anything. He would tell you to nnot buy and invest your money in something else (ammo probably). Mind you these are the words from a person who makes a living of buying/selling and he told me (a friend) that renting is the best bet. House buying/investing is no good. Maybe if you think you will live there for the next 20 years.

Now you can die to me, and your g/f will get no potatoe salad from me during the shiva!

That sounds like some secret Yiddish code for something very erotic. Oh wait, Furby's a Jewish guy, cancel the erotic, it must be something comic.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
I see dead people (posting)
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
That sounds like some secret Yiddish code for something very erotic. Oh wait, Furby's a Jewish guy, cancel the erotic, it must be something comic.
Listen old man!

@anothergeezer- this forum is full of dead people. Zombie apocalypse!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Got my new dive gear. It's almost all packed ((gotta print my checklist).

According to the recruiter I am officially hired in the new companies database.
Got my massage setup for when I come back from canada (though if our nations credit rating is dropped I might stay in canada)

And about to go out and have fun

A nice start to a fun weekend...oh wait it only feels like a friday night...the life of being unemployed

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
Quote:
Got my new dive gear. It's almost all packed ((gotta print my checklist).

Sweet! Can't wait to see the pictures. You are bringing your fancy new underwater gear I hope?!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

For sure. The only new gear is my first stage (zeagle 50d). I will be taking lots of photos.

Regards
Avi

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
PM me your name and I will friend you.As for C-Dubs wife - I don't ask these questions of the women I court. I figure they know what they are doing and are being faithful.
PM sent....

Have fun on the dive trip!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3284me View Post
At least I will be able to pass you the next time your fuel pump takes a dump. j/k
I feel rather safe since I don't have a 335i.

(Just for that, my fuel pump will probably fail at 50,100 miles. )

Quote:
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Officially Contaminated

Isn't this a lovely story?

Quote:
Here's your warning: this appears to be a case that will have people again howling for legal reform. According to USA Today, on July 26, 2009 Diane Schuler drove her minivan the wrong way on the Taconic State Parkway in New York, eventually colliding head-on with an SUV. Schuler was killed, along with her daughter and three nieces. The three men in the SUV were also killed. Let's pause a moment right here and quote one of the parties in the subsequent events, who admitted that things "pale in comparison to the real tragedy of the day." Among those events, though, is a feeding frenzy of lawsuits.

Toxicology reports determined that Schuler was both drunk and high at the time of the collision, findings her husband, Daniel, has consistently said cannot be true. Official accounts of Schuler's behavior on the day, however, would suggest she was certainly under the influence of something.

In fact, Daniel Schuler doesn't believe his wife is at all at fault in the crash. He has filed suit against the state of New York alleging that the state's "negligence, carelessness and recklessness" concerning highway upkeep and signage are the only reasons his daughter suffered fatal injuries. Specifically, he insists that highway conditions were unsafe, lanes weren't properly marked and there weren't barriers and cones to provide adequate warning.

Schuler has also filed suit against his late wife's brother, Warren Hance, who was the father of three of the girls in the car who died. Schuler contends that since Hance owned the minivan that Diane was driving, Hance is also at fault. On top of all of that, a relative of one of the victims in the SUV is suing the sister of the SUV's driver, alleging that the late driver's estate bears some responsibility for him being hit head-on by Diane Schuler. If you were looking for a new definition of the word "mess," this is probably it...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/28/h...s-state-other/
Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
I am not sure if "WTF" suffices...couldn't we use the senseless spending of tax dollars on this crap to artificially induce the North Texas sky to shed some rain?

Quote:
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 07-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xdrive
Quote:
I feel rather safe since I don't have a 335i.

(Just for that, my fuel pump will probably fail at 50,100 miles. )
Ahh dumb arse I am missing that you have a 328 lol.

2011 328xi. Space Grey, Beige Dakota Leather, Premium pkg., Value pkg., NAV, SAT, Heated SW, Steptronic,
Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Golf and Fuel Efficiency...

A recent study found that the average golfer walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found that golfers drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

This means that, on average, golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Kind of makes you proud. Almost makes you feel like a hybrid. (Oh yeah, I canít hit that club very good either)
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 07-30-2011, 12:23 AM
The Real Housewife

Mein Auto: 335i alpine white sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
A recent study found that the average golfer walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found that golfers drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

This means that, on average, golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Kind of makes you proud. Almost makes you feel like a hybrid. (Oh yeah, I canít hit that club very good either)
i wonder if it was tax payer's money that was spent on this very helpful and insightful study
Old 07-30-2011, 12:25 AM
The Real Housewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
when all else fails ... SUE!

Quote:
I am not sure if "WTF" suffices...couldn't we use the senseless spending of tax dollars on this crap to artificially induce the North Texas sky to shed some rain?
WTF indeed!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
I can't wait until the new 3 Series is released so I can go to the F30 subforum and talk to luxury car owners.

You used car people are boring.

BJ
Just make sure you get the leather on your new luxury F30.
335Cabrio-2011 ED -retired
Z435i 2009 -retired

Z4 2004 -retired
Old 07-30-2011, 09:20 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

So driving out today I merge onto 76. I am in the left lane, about two car lengths behind the guy (toyota camry) in front of me. Some woman, from the right lane cuts me off, and hits her brakes (I don't think anything personal, just a jackass of a driver). I tap my horn and she gives me the finger. She then proceeds to cut the person off in the right lane, and then the Camry. So at this point I am going into the right lane, I want to get ahead of her and away from a twat driver -plus it's principle. So the Camry, who happens to be the same guy who she cut off, - takes out his camera and takes a picture of me (I have no idea why - plus it can't be safe for a driver to try and take a picture with a camera, on the side, while driving).

So I roll my window down, and say "why are you taking a picture of me"...his girlfriend looks at me, and he laughs and takes another picture. Now I am very offended. So I get in front of him and slow down, a lot (left lane). I can read his g/fs lips "What an asshole". So I am like really? I drive nice and slow (screw traffic). He stays right behind me with a smirk on his face. So then I pull to the right lane (mind you I use turn signals, and am not cutting anyone off), slow down and roll down my window "Again, why the **** were you taking my picture". His g/f doesn't look at me and at this point she probably told him to apologize to me (something along the lines "I think he's crazy and is going to kill us"). He apologizes, gives an apologetic wave, and I take off.

Again, no idea why this guy was taking a picture of me in the first place (and then mocking me), but pretty sure his g/f was pissed at him for doing it.

Let the flaming begin.

On a side note...in 7 hours I will be sitting in the backseat of a cherokee taking a long snooze as I head to Canada for a week of diving. Unfortunately I will miss Shark Week on TV, but according to one of my friends I will be living Shark Week. I am excited.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 PM
The Real Housewife

Talking

furby -

they probably thought you were someone famous!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiarush View Post
furby -

+1

Furby bears an uncanny resemblance to Mark Wahlberg.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 07-31-2011, 06:22 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiarush View Post
furby -

I agree; the Furb has an uncanny resemblance to sombody...I just can't think who it is.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 PM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
Quote:
So driving out today I merge onto 76. I am in the left lane, about two car lengths behind the guy (toyota camry) in front of me. Some woman, from the right lane cuts me off, and hits her brakes (I don't think anything personal, just a jackass of a driver). I tap my horn and she gives me the finger. She then proceeds to cut the person off in the right lane, and then the Camry. So at this point I am going into the right lane, I want to get ahead of her and away from a twat driver -plus it's principle. So the Camry, who happens to be the same guy who she cut off, - takes out his camera and takes a picture of me (I have no idea why - plus it can't be safe for a driver to try and take a picture with a camera, on the side, while driving).
Now that's what I'd call "Sunday driving" in the left lane.

Why anyone would be in such a hurry on a Sunday is beyond me... (or take pictures of Furby -- I suspect the Camry dude lurks in bimmerfest, follows your threads and was excited to see you in person)

There was a lot of road rage in the Costco parking lot, of all places, today in my area as well. No one could seem to wait a minute to get to those orange chicken samples.