Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Believe it or not, I was at my BMW center for a service appointment. After the first strike, the SA relayed the news but because early radio reports were sketchy, we all assumed/hoped it was minor--a stray light aircraft of some kind. I left the dealer about half an hour after the second plane struck. Listening to news accounts in the car prompted me to stop at home to see video before continuing on to work. One glance was enough to know the building was doomed--fellow engineers had worked for the Port Authority years earlier, so I knew a fair amount about the towers' design. In fact I called one of them, to discuss the buildings' probable fate and ask if anyone we knew still worked there.

Oddly, I don't recall whether I left for work before or after the South Tower collapsed, and the video was replayed so many times I seem to have blocked out whether I first saw it live. At the time, I worked in an office tower in Central NJ with a distant but clear view of Lower Manhattan. When I parked the car the North Tower was still standing. By the time I walked up to our floor and joined my transfixed colleagues at the northeast-facing windows, one of them told me they had watched it collapse moments before.

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
I was asleep. My g/f at the time called me three-four times when I finally answered. I saw what was happening and when she asked me how two planes could accidentally hit the towers I told her it was a terrorist attack, not an accident.

@Zeich - Yea, I don't know of any build that was built to withstand an airplane crashing into it. Maybe now they try and build those but I'd imagine it would be too costly, and provide very little benefit, to do such a thing.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.

Last edited by furby076; 09-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:09 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
I was about to head out to school (3rd grade) and I walk into the family room to see my dad standing there in disbelief, I had no idea what was happening. He told me straight forward but I didn't have a real concept of what it all was. He immediately called one of my sisters who was in New York at the time as my mom took me to school. Went to class and remembered hearing another plane just hit the Pentagon. Subsequently where my deceased (unrelated to 9/11) uncle used to work and how I was very nervous about that as well, thankfully he was out of the office. I can also clearly remember us sitting in the moment of silence in class but after that I forget. But I will never forget seeing the TV with the towers and smoke bellowing out and my father standing there, arms to his side, shocked.

Sister was across the river and watched them fall. Cant imagine.

On a lighter note,

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
I had a great weekend, guys and gals, check it out.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...15#post6316915

And furball, multiple pictures and 4 videos later not a single comment on driving in excess of $500,000 of cars? What kind of Facebook friend are you! Probably one that's dead to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:

And furball, multiple pictures and 4 videos later not a single comment on driving in excess of $500,000 of cars? What kind of Facebook friend are you! Probably one that's dead to me!
Did you get to use the driving shoes she gave you?

That looks seriously cool!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 09-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

The Fires are getting a little too close for comfort...

This afternoon, the park where my favorite reservoir road is burned. This is both close to my work and to home and to my local BMW dealership.

Here are a couple of photos I took with my camera phone (so excuse their bad quality).
The first two are from work and the third is after I made my exit from the freeway.

I included a map with a mileage scale so you can see just how close we were.

Houston continues to be in triple digits and no sight of rain.....

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 09-14-2011, 04:26 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
I see God is punishing Texas these days for poor federal governance...
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Omnia moderata ratione

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
The park was named for dad not son, but point taken.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Did you get to use the driving shoes she gave you?

That looks seriously cool!
That's an affirmative and seriously cool it was. I still can't help but smile every time I look at the videos we shot. The video does not make the noise justice, but it does one help remember. I'll see if I can get them up on YouTube.

Quote:
Most days with 100+ degrees ever in one year, quite a bit of flooding in the spring, mixed with horrendous hail, tornadoes, and wild fires...what clued you in, Sherlock!

Quote:

Last edited by cwinter; 09-14-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Quote:
The park was named for dad not son, but point taken.
Michelle Bachmann brought it up!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Yesterday I emptied a file folder of odd things that used to hang on my office/cubicle walls. In addition to a few choice cartoons (such as The Far Side's "Cheetah wheelies" and one elephant teaching another how to bang out "Louie Louie" on piano), I rediscovered this little gem.

Quote:
  Festivity Level 1: Your guests are chatting amiably with each other, admiring your Christmas-tree ornaments, singing carols around the upright piano, sipping at their drinks and nibbling hors d'oeuvres.
  Festivity Level 2: Your guests are talking loudly (sometimes to each other, and sometimes to nobody at all), rearranging your Christmas-tree ornaments, singing "I Gotta Be Me" around the upright piano, gulping their drinks and wolfing down the hors d'oeuvres.
  Festivity Level 3: Your guests are arguing violently with inanimate objects, singing "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," gulping down other peoples' drinks, wolfing down Christmas-tree ornaments and placing hors d'oeuvres in the upright piano to see what happens when the little hammers strike.
  Festivity Level 4: Your guests, hors d'oeuvres smeared all over their naked bodies, are performing a ritual dance around the burning Christmas tree. The piano is missing.

You want to keep your party somewhere around Level 3, unless you rent your home and own Firearms, in which case you can go to Level 4. The best way to get to Level 3 is eggnog.
In my defense I would never remember to post this after Thanksgviing, so file it away for holiday planning.

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Yesterday I emptied a file folder of odd things that used to hang on my office/cubicle walls. In addition to a few choice cartoons (such as The Far Side's "Cheetah wheelies" and one elephant teaching another how to bang out "Louie Louie" on piano), I rediscovered this little gem.

In my defense I would never remember to post this after Thanksgviing, so file it away for holiday planning.
Enjoyed that. Reminds me of the Holiday planner memo I saw a few years ago. On a side note: I love Gary Larson's quirky take on life and truly miss "the Far Side".

One of my personal favorites was the two polar bears, one with an igloo partially lifted off the ice, an eskimo running into the distance, the one bear saying to the other, "How difficult is it? I lift, you grab."

Last edited by Nordic_Kat; 09-14-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 09-17-2011, 03:38 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:

I see Dead People!

Sorry bud, so busy at work! 75 hour weeks, not including the flight travels (another 10 hours).

I just gave you some dead love

How is everyone?

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:41 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Was driving to the local Apple Store in northern New Jersey today and passing me in the opposite direction was a fully camouflaged F30. Got a look at it's front/rear for only a few seconds and by the time I turned around to tail it it was gone.

The US headquarters for BMW is in Woodcliff Lake which is right across from my Apple Store at Tice's Corner, about 10 minutes from my house.

Wish I could have followed it further, damn.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 09-18-2011, 03:22 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Was driving to the local Apple Store in northern New Jersey today and passing me in the opposite direction was a fully camouflaged F30. Got a look at it's front/rear for only a few seconds and by the time I turned around to tail it it was gone.

The US headquarters for BMW is in Woodcliff Lake which is right across from my Apple Store at Tice's Corner, about 10 minutes from my house.

Wish I could have followed it further, damn.

BJ
One of the problems with having an entry level engine?

Maybe next time?

At least you know what your neighbors kids will be getting for graduation now...and how it looks.

Last edited by ///M-ratedE90; 09-18-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
One of the problems with having an entry level engine?

Maybe next time?

At least you know what your neighbors kids will be getting for graduation now...and how it looks.
Ouch!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i
Quote:

Houston continues to be in triple digits and no sight of rain.....
Finally today we got some relief! Although it completely destroyed the detail work I performed yesterday, I'm glad we got the rain!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman335 View Post
Finally today we got some relief! Although it completely destroyed the detail work I performed yesterday, I'm glad we got the rain!
I'll GLADLY take some water spots and splashes through puddles! I'd forgotten how nice 80F can feel.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d

$1,500,000,000,000 in new taxes

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Hofmeister Kink

Mein Auto: 2003 530i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyffer View Post
Well, we have to find some way to finance the never-ending expansion of the Homeland Security Department!

Employing over 500,000 (very expensive) bumbling idiots (private contractors) while financing the construction of dozens of multi-million dollar facilities so they can sit around and cleverly invent new ways to invade our privacy and then quaff Starbucks coffee costs money!

Unfortunately for us, fear still sells lots of tickets to Dumbest Show on Earth.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:

Per person?

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 09-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
Isn't it primarily the uber-rich who will be affected? My understanding is that percentage wise, the middle class pays relatively more than the uber-rich. I don't see the problem here.

Flat rate tax would be fair.... But the rich will just find another way to shelter their income...
Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
Isn't it primarily the uber-rich who will be affected? My understanding is that percentage wise, the middle class pays relatively more than the uber-rich. I don't see the problem here.

Flat rate tax would be fair.... But the rich will just find another way to shelter their income...
Don't you want to keep the tax rates as low as possible so that on the off chance that you win the lottery, you won't be paying more than John or Jane Doe? Meanwhile keep running up the credit card balance to fund expenses. That has been the model since 2001. Why change?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
If your sig is correct, aren't you suppose to be supporting good ole' Barry Obama?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
I'll GLADLY take some water spots and splashes through puddles! I'd forgotten how nice 80F can feel.
It's been mostly nice for the past 2 weeks north of you. We've had rain and I'm able to run with the A/C off and the sunroof open most mornings. I think with a cabrio it'd be quite perfect even on the way home!

Of course, the rain has left Black Beauty looking horribly dust/water spotted with no time to correct it for a while. I'm fighting the urge to break down and take her to a car wash...

Quote: