Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaGiaJa View Post
Where all my Indian IT peep? I tried to crack my SW airline membership number and.....
Seriously!!!?

I asked my indian coworker and he didn't know. I shipped him off to bangalore

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
There is a range of possibilities... Some that immediately occur:
1. Your device got hacked. (Not too high chance)
2. You visited southwest.com at some point in the past and based on information you entered during the prior visit, a multi-national cookie was placed on your device. (Fairly high chance)
3. Your device has been set up with multi-national features turned on that were recognized by southwest.com (Mid-level chance)

There are other scenarios that could be causing the multi-national query challenge, but the above are what occur to me without any knowledge of how southwest.com has been configured.
Boyfriend is screwing with her

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Spend the morning and early afternoon with the local BMW CCA chapter touring the areas north-west of the metroplex. Great cars, great people, and and overall good time.

We had a pit stop at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur. I didn't even know this place existed. No frills race track. We stopped for a nature break and to observe some Miatas, a Viper, an Elise, and a few race tuned Vettes.

Late lunch was at the Chef's Point in Watauga. If you haven't been, check it out and as indicated on Yelp, don't let the gas station store front fool ya. Great place!

Also attached, my daughter's recent adventures into learning how to detail the car. She is incredibly observant. Once I was done with the wheel brush, she started picking it up, getting water from the bucket and cleaning the wheels with it. Next season, she'll be solely in charge of the wheels while I work on the rest of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04707.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	295534   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04709.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	295535   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04711.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	295536   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04723.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	295537   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04606.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	295539  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04608.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	295540  

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 10-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Spend the morning and early afternoon with the local BMW CCA chapter touring the areas north-west of the metroplex. Great cars, great people, and and overall good time. . . . .

. . . . Also attached, my daughter's recent adventures into learning how to detail the car. She is incredibly observant. Once I was done with the wheel brush, she started picking it up, getting water from the bucket and cleaning the wheels with it. Next season, she'll be solely in charge of the wheels while I work on the rest of the car.
Great photos C-Dub. You had a beautiful day for the BMW outing.

Love the pics of the little one. "Train up a child in the way (s)he should go......"

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 10-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Great photos C-Dub. You had a beautiful day for the BMW outing.

Love the pics of the little one. "Train up a child in the way (s)he should go......"
It was indeed beautiful weather, though of the 3 convertibles on the tour (E93, Z4 and 911) only the Z4 kept the top down the whole time. It was getting a bit toasty in the afternoon.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xdrive
In memory of Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011

2011 328xi. Space Grey, Beige Dakota Leather, Premium pkg., Value pkg., NAV, SAT, Heated SW, Steptronic,
Old 10-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3284me View Post
+1. Rest in peace, Steve. He is up there with the likes of Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and the Wright brothers.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3284me View Post
+1

Sad day.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:26 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:

Also attached, my daughter's recent adventures into learning how to detail the car. She is incredibly observant. Once I was done with the wheel brush, she started picking it up, getting water from the bucket and cleaning the wheels with it. Next season, she'll be solely in charge of the wheels while I work on the rest of the car.
You are lucky slave labor laws do not apply to ones own children! Way to go!

Quote:
+1. Rest in peace, Steve. He is up there with the likes of Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and the Wright brothers.
He had a lot of vision, but he is not up there with those folks. Flying/Driving/Lights > iPod, iPad, iTouch, iPhone, and iMac --- all things that existed in one form or another before Apple (MP3 players, tablets, Handspring type devices, black berry device, and PCs).

To note, while he did a lot of awesome things, he was not exactly that well loved in the work place. He would yell, scream, shout, belittle, abuse, etc his employees. His philanthropy = non-existant (unless it was all anonymous), and those iDevices are built in sweat shops in china where child labor is used.

Just saying - for all of the cool stuff he spear-headed he also did a lot of jack-ass stuff.

Though, i feel the device market is less with his loss, but Apple will churn out great products.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Modern Marvels: Submarines - hoping to see our favorite e92-sub in the background

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
He had a lot of vision, but he is not up there with those folks. Flying/Driving/Lights > iPod, iPad, iTouch, iPhone, and iMac --- all things that existed in one form or another before Apple (MP3 players, tablets, Handspring type devices, black berry device, and PCs).
Meh. Jobs had a direct impact on a very large number of people on the Earth. Anywhere the Internet reached, people knew about Apple and its products. More people have heard of Apple than have flown, driven, or have 24x7 electricity.

Quote:
To note, while he did a lot of awesome things, he was not exactly that well loved in the work place. He would yell, scream, shout, belittle, abuse, etc his employees. His philanthropy = non-existant (unless it was all anonymous), and those iDevices are built in sweat shops in china where child labor is used.

Just saying - for all of the cool stuff he spear-headed he also did a lot of jack-ass stuff.
Ford, Edison and the Wright brothers were not exactly paradigms of tolerance in the workplace. As regards the manufacturing practices for the iDevices, China is actively encouraging use of its sweatshops, so workplace conditions can't be attributed to Steve/Apple.

Quote:
Though, i feel the device market is less with his loss, but Apple will churn out great products.
What captured my imagination about Steve was how he was able to turn around Apple from a complete failure. When he returned in 1996, Steve was Apple's last hope before liquidation. From that low, he built Apple into a company that for a while, was more valuable than any other publicly traded company. Further, most of the value creation occurred in a space that was not part of Steve's prior experience. None of his contemporaries can make that claim.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:32 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Meh. Jobs had a direct impact on a very large number of people on the Earth. Anywhere the Internet reached, people knew about Apple and its products. More people have heard of Apple than have flown, driven, or have 24x7 electricity.
Lots of people have had a direct impact on a very large number of people - Einstein, Gates, US Presidents, etc. The same goes for Ghengis Khan, Mussolini, Hitler, etc. Not comparing the first group to the second, but a large and direct impact does not equate to greatness.

I am quite dubious of your last sentence. Maybe, flown, but driven or have 24x7 electricity? Unless you meant the fruit

Quote:
Ford, Edison and the Wright brothers were not exactly paradigms of tolerance in the workplace. As regards the manufacturing practices for the iDevices, China is actively encouraging use of its sweatshops, so workplace conditions can't be attributed to Steve/Apple.
Wright brothers and Edison were inventors, and had little place within workshops. Ford was huge in the workplace and made things more efficient/safe with the assembly line.
Work conditions can be attributed to Apple...all Apple had to do was say "fix the problem, or we are taking our business to some other country". They didn't because it would raise the manufacturing costs.

Quote:
What captured my imagination about Steve was how he was able to turn around Apple from a complete failure. When he returned in 1996, Steve was Apple's last hope before liquidation. From that low, he built Apple into a company that for a while, was more valuable than any other publicly traded company. Further, most of the value creation occurred in a space that was not part of Steve's prior experience. None of his contemporaries can make that claim.
Apple was not a complete failure, to say the least, but it suffered from the same problems it does now - it's too locked down. They love to build proprietary, sealed, black boxes - and they will sue the crap out of anyone, intimidate anyone, etc who does something they don't like. They have many underhanded tactics, and you just need to read some of the media articles. What Jobs was able to do was make a number of different products better, and market them in such a way that the competition could not touch - but at a price. What does the iPhone cost? $500? The iPad $800? That's the cost of a full blown computer/laptop....yes a lot smaller, but a lot less capabilities. Again, awesome devices, but Apple did not invent tablets, smart phones, or mp3 players...they just improved on it.

So, yes, give the man credit where credit is due, but before you Canonize him make sure you realize all the crap he is responsible for.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Wright brothers and Edison were inventors, and had little place within workshops. Ford was huge in the workplace and made things more efficient/safe with the assembly line.
Edison was 'just' an inventor? This is the person who was credited with creation of the first industrial research laboratory. And is the 4th most prolific inventor to date.

Quote:
Work conditions can be attributed to Apple...all Apple had to do was say "fix the problem, or we are taking our business to some other country". They didn't because it would raise the manufacturing costs.
After the latest round of worker suicides at Foxconn plants, Apple did just that. There is a limit to how much one company can intervene in the operations of another company - otherwise the intervening company runs the risk of being sued for all that is wrong in the other company. A failure to intervene in the operations of another company does not in my mind, make Apple complicit in the failures of their partners. When contracts come up for re-negotiation, issues can be (and have been) addressed. In between, intervention can blow back.

Quote:
Apple was not a complete failure, to say the least, but it suffered from the same problems it does now - it's too locked down. They love to build proprietary, sealed, black boxes - and they will sue the crap out of anyone, intimidate anyone, etc who does something they don't like. They have many underhanded tactics, and you just need to read some of the media articles. What Jobs was able to do was make a number of different products better, and market them in such a way that the competition could not touch - but at a price. What does the iPhone cost? $500? The iPad $800? That's the cost of a full blown computer/laptop....yes a lot smaller, but a lot less capabilities. Again, awesome devices, but Apple did not invent tablets, smart phones, or mp3 players...they just improved on it.
Here is an article that describes Apple's circumstance in early 1996: http://www.businessweek.com/1996/06/b34611.htm
While technically, Apple had some assets (principally cash), the real assets (creativity and vision) had left the company. Jobs came back and turned things around. You can argue about his tolerance for fools, but at the end of his tenure, you can't argue about what he accomplished. Others had similar opportunity, but they weren't able to connect the dots. To paraphrase Bill Gates when the iPhone was released - why couldn't MS have developed that?

Quote:
So, yes, give the man credit where credit is due, but before you Canonize him make sure you realize all the crap he is responsible for.
One objective metric would be market capitalization of the company he ran.... Which is pretty darned high.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Saw a piece on TV that Jobs authorized his biography by Issacson because “I wanted my kids to know me. I wasn’t always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did.” In my view, a sad statement.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkHouston View Post
Saw a piece on TV that Jobs authorized his biography by Issacson because “I wanted my kids to know me. I wasn’t always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did.” In my view, a sad statement.
Yup. He did try to be more there for his kids in later years, but as he acknowledged, there were many times where he was not there for them. Can't un-ring a bell.

I wonder how he would have chosen if he could have gone back in time?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Here comes trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkHouston View Post
Saw a piece on TV that Jobs authorized his biography by Issacson because "I wanted my kids to know me. I wasn't always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did." In my view, a sad statement.
Oh boy, indeed. Unfortunately for his kids, they may not know that much more about him than we do today...

On a side note, I just typed this in a word document: "negoatiations".

Quote:
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Oh boy, indeed. Unfortunately for his kids, they may not know that much more about him than we do today...

Hard to say. There was one recollection posted about him being at a high school graduation for one of his kids. But the other bonding events - like your daughter learning to detail your wheels..., who knows. I tend to suspect that is where he wasn't there for his kids.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Negoatiate (verb): The attempt to reconcile two opposite and immoveable forces.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 10-11-2011, 03:55 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Modern Marvels: Submarines - hoping to see our favorite e92-sub in the background
Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 AM
smooth like butter

I need help in dream interpretation. Last night, I dreamt that I was on a twisty track driving an M3. It was a lot of fun. It had a manual and I was revving it to redline right before I woke up.

What does this mean?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:20 AM
GODSPD

Mein Auto: SSII E90 ///M, AW E92 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline Sixer View Post
I need help in dream interpretation. Last night, I dreamt that I was on a twisty track driving an M3. It was a lot of fun. It had a manual and I was revving it to redline right before I woke up.

What does this mean?
Sorry, I'll stop telepathically broadcasting my weekend activities.

e90m / ssii / foxred / nochrome
wedssport sa-55m 19x9.5 et24 square / kwv3 / 15mm rear spacer
full challenge exhaust

WHEELS FOR SALE
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
smooth like butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT View Post
Sorry, I'll stop telepathically broadcasting my weekend activities.
LOL, dammit CT, you're the culprit!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:05 AM
GODSPD

Mein Auto: SSII E90 ///M, AW E92 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline Sixer View Post
LOL, dammit CT, you're the culprit!
Just be thankful I didn't broadcast all of them

(or maybe I should...)

e90m / ssii / foxred / nochrome
wedssport sa-55m 19x9.5 et24 square / kwv3 / 15mm rear spacer
full challenge exhaust

WHEELS FOR SALE
Old 10-15-2011, 08:10 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i

BMW finally released the F30 photos along with the ///M-Sport Package. Thank God I can now relocate to a new forum filled with wealthy people and status-seekers and leave this pathetic one behind. There's just so much used car, Asian lady-drama, and goat talk one can take.

Thanks for the memories, farewell E9X.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 10-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

BMW finally released the F30 photos along with the ///M-Sport Package. Thank God I can now relocate to a new forum filled with wealthy people and status-seekers and leave this pathetic one behind. There's just so much used car, Asian lady-drama, and goat talk one can take.

Thanks for the memories, farewell E9X.

BJ
LMFAO!!!! SO true... I'll have to wait, even then... I can't see getting another 3er, unless it's an M-Car(I have no use for a car with such massive numbers).

I feel sorry for the poor saps that are currently doing ED and have to look at the F30 when they take delivery of their 'new' car.