Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2004-530i
Advise Needed on 2010 Purchase

All:
I am considering to look into this car listed at local used car dealer

http://www.smithclasspo.com/used/BMW...d4d25417eb.htm

I would appreciate any insights into this particular model and sources where I can collect information like

1. Known Issues
2. The actual installed packages on this specific car

My big concern is am I buying into a repair monster. Any known issues with this car year model would be good to know

Thanks,
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 750Li X-Drive
Ask service advisor to pull warranty records. Look at carfax.

Use BMWvin.com and enter last 7 digits of Vin to get build specs.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:56 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750I
i would check if ccp was done and like wjjklj said pull all records from bmw what was done on the car,on mine its also 2010 on 68000 i changed turbo coolant lines and turbo oil lines,(not talking about ccp package,its under recall was done) so i would count it like a future expense
Old 03-01-2016, 06:18 PM

Mein Auto: Charger daily
Seems a little high, but I would also research how many options are available on this car that I'm not getting. This way you'll know, so later down the line your not wishing you had them, like rear entertainment system, etc, etc. Having bought and sold 5 vehicles in one year, I'd ask myself, do I really want to spend 30K on the 750i just to have it or can I wait and get one totally or almost totally loaded, patience is the key to the Ultimate Buying Experience-remember its your money.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:58 AM

Options on the car

Attached is the options information.
I am not sure what all is standard and not listed in this.

Fikus - What does the ccp mean?
745i eye - Thanks for the advise on waiting for a loaded car - That is a good idea if I can assure myself that this particular model year is not known for many repairs etc.,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-02_0955.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	553079  
Old 03-02-2016, 08:15 AM

All Options on this Car from BMWVIN

Attached
What are the other options this car is missing - Can anyone point out those key packages this car could have add at that time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-02_1113.png
Views:	55
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	553082  
Old 03-02-2016, 09:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 750Li X-Drive
This car is not optioned well in my opinion. It is missing the sport package (big deal). It does not have the m-sport package either. It has the least wanted 18" square setup wheels. The oyster interior on the black sapphire will look nice. It is missing shadowline black trim around the windows too.

Resale market will be much lower for this car than one equipped with a sport package or m-sport package. You at least need 19" wheels. This is not a shot but the target age of the consumer buying this optioned car would I think be 60+. If you are in that group and just want a luxury nice riding vehicle without the performance options then this might work for you. If not, I would definitely wait for another to come along.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:04 AM

Thanks

I appreciate your input - I might as well wait - it is also not CPO
Old 03-02-2016, 11:38 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 750I
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodoi18 View Post

745i eye - Thanks for the advise on waiting for a loaded car - That is a good idea if I can assure myself that this particular model year is not known for many repairs etc.,
Customer care package.They will change some lines,injectors, read forum and you will find a thread where its says all about it
Old 03-02-2016, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: Charger daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodoi18 View Post

Your welcome, here's some options you don't have you were asking about, Fine wood trim, dynamic drive, sports package, lane assist, active cruise, lane change warning, smokers package, night vision, precollision with belt tensioners, rear entertainment system, luxury package with massagers.

I found mine by accident, this dude had his son list it and I thought it was a scam because pics were all dark and his spelling was jacked, then I went to go see and liked it and bought it. Dude sold it because he bought one of those Tesla's, he was happy to sell, but looked kind of cheap when I drove off, he was complaining how the 7's seats were way better compared to his new car. I was like see ya, pink slip in hand lol, of course then when I went to fill up I was like mothaf...... lol
Old 03-02-2016, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post

Resale market will be much lower for this car than one equipped with a sport package or m-sport package. You at least need 19" wheels.
I agree with needing 19" wheels but I will never buy another BMW with sport package after my 535. I found the ride way to stiff for my liking, the seats made me feel like I was sitting on the floor, and since I live in an area with potholes I ended up with 6 bubbled tires, a cracked rim, and a bent rim in just over a year.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:49 AM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Do yourself a favor and get a CPO. '09 and '10 model years should be avoided.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Wilassasin

Mein Auto: 2013 S550 amg sport pack/
You already know going into a pre-owned 7 series equals high maintenance costs. This is definitely not going to be anything close to a lower maintenance Honda or Toyota, which is why I would always suggest a CPO and buy the newest car that you can afford. Also, have some extra cash on hand for an extended warranty which is a MUST have!

09' 335i xdrive coupe(sold),745(sold),750 sport(sold), 2013' S550 4matic (AMG), C6 convertible, Lexus RX350 daily driver

Last edited by Wilassasin; 03-07-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:29 PM

Mein Auto: BMW F01
I'm not sure how the price stacks up over in the USA but an identical car here in the UK would be around that sort of figure with that mileage, I don't believe there is an equivalent CCP over here either which makes things worse, added to that the the UK customer service is not a patch on yours!!!.

I spent months waiting to find one, I did have to make a few compromises here and there but overall I was very happy. Sadly due to my budget and the maintenance costs I couldn't justify the 750 so went with the (don't laugh!) diesel model instead. I kinda regret it but anyone on here will tell you a 750 without a warranty is a bad idea!

I don't know if this bothers you but in my opinion options are everything on these cars, this is why it took so long to find the one I wanted. All personal preference of course!

I hope you find one that you are happy with!

Stuart
Old 03-09-2016, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
I have the same car you are looking for, 2010 750 li x drive
My honest opinion? Stay away from this car.
I love the car but search for Valve Steam Seals and be warned.

If you really want it, be sure it has warranty.
I purchased this car thinking I would have it for at least 3-5 years...but just a few months ago took it to BMW and they said the repairs for the valve stem seals would be around $8,000
Old 03-10-2016, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgarcia View Post
I have the same car you are looking for, 2010 750 li x drive
My honest opinion? Stay away from this car.
I love the car but search for Valve Steam Seals and be warned.

If you really want it, be sure it has warranty.
I purchased this car thinking I would have it for at least 3-5 years...but just a few months ago took it to BMW and they said the repairs for the valve stem seals would be around $8,000
A BMW mechanic can do it for half that.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search