Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: x3, m35x
new X3!

Just ordered a new x3 35i! traded in my 2007 328xi. waiting for 3-6 weeks is going to be tough. My car is black on black with heated seats and rear view camera with park distance. decided to go for the bigger engine and less options. can't wait!
Ads by Google
Old 04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i
Congratz man, you'll definitely love the X3. Remember to post pics when you get your baby!

2011 BMW 750i (Current)
2010 BMW 528i
Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 PM

Just picked up my x3 today. Wow, that was fast, two weeks from order to delivery. was expecting at least 3 weeks. Will post pix as soon as I get around to it.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Hey. I ordered mine on April 20th and I still have to wait another month.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:55 PM

I don't know what the deal is with the custom orders, but my salesperson said that the power liftgate option on my car which I originally wanted, would extend the build into may and take an extra 3 weeks. So, I nixed it because it wasn't a big deal. maybe highly optioned cars take longer?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
Congrats!!!
Can you share your pics here where everybody can enjoy it?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=535885
thx
Old 05-03-2011, 06:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarg View Post
I don't know what the deal is with the custom orders, but my salesperson said that the power liftgate option on my car which I originally wanted, would extend the build into may and take an extra 3 weeks. So, I nixed it because it wasn't a big deal. maybe highly optioned cars take longer?
X3's with power lift gates and without Nav are delayed because of parts supply problems.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. (Mark Twain)

any spelling or gramitical errors on my part are just glitches that appear to those that are not pproperly keyed into my code generator. If this occurs, pleas PM me for an updated deKription key.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:47 PM

my car doesn't have nav or power liftgate, guess power liftgate and no nav is the combo that is delayed.

Last edited by kumarg; 05-03-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
my car doesn't have nav or power liftgate, guess power liftgate and no nav is the combo that is delayed.
Any orders placed from May on is supposed have mandatory Nav. You better double check with you dealer on this. You may be forced to order the nav or wait forever to get your X3. I was told it would be August or later if I didn't order it with Nav (and I placed my order in April).
Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
Any orders placed from May on is supposed have mandatory Nav. You better double check with you dealer on this. You may be forced to order the nav or wait forever to get your X3. I was told it would be August or later if I didn't order it with Nav (and I placed my order in April).
I ordered my car on the 17th of april with no nav and no power liftgate. I picked it up yesterday, took about two weeks. my car was an april build and arrived quicker than I had expected. Are we all sure that the dealers are not driving this? Seems weird that nav is mandatory for an early delivery, my dealer never mentioned this.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
Quote:
I ordered my car on the 17th of april with no nav and no power liftgate. I picked it up yesterday, took about two weeks. my car was an april build and arrived quicker than I had expected. Are we all sure that the dealers are not driving this? Seems weird that nav is mandatory for an early delivery, my dealer never mentioned this.
it is not a dealer conspiracy - some paarts for non- nav come from japan...

RTOM.....
Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I ordered my vehicle April 18th with a week 19 build slot. My dealer called their regional rep to confirm or deny that I would have to order the Nav in order for the car to be built. I was told it was not an option and would have to have it or it would be delayed until August or later. He showed me a bulletin that said any vehicle going into production in May must have Nav. due to a shortage of parts. Sounds like somehow you got really lucky. Wish I did

Last edited by Want the Thrill; 05-04-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
I ordered my vehicle April 18th with a week 19 build slot. My dealer called their regional rep to confirm or deny that I would have to order the Nav in order for the car to be built. I was told it was not an option and would have to have it or it would be delayed until August or later. He showed me a bulletin that said any vehicle going into production in May must have Nav. due to a shortage of parts. Sounds like someone you got really lucky. Wish I did
Okay, I guess it was just lucky that I got my non-nav car so quick.

Loving it so far, drove mixed highway and city today and got around 23mpg with some spirited driving mixed in. Not bad at all.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Congrats!!!
Can you share your pics here where everybody can enjoy it?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=535885
thx
pix posted in the pix section, not great photos but show the car and the non-nav screen.