Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds

Classifieds
Post for sale items in one of the for sale categories. Click here to browse new posts.

Old 02-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
Arrow FS: Alpina Suspension Set for E46

A set of Alpina shocks and springs for sale. Recommended for E46 sedans, coupes, cabrios and touring wagons (of all years). This set of suspension is a perfect setup for E46 Xi models as well. Drops about 20mm from stock.

Bought new about a year ago. Has about 8000 miles on it (I commute to work by bus more than car). Alpina shocks and progressive springs are one of their kind. Shocks by Sachs and springs by Eibach. Everything is customized by the respective companies to Alpina’s specifications. Note, you can’t call Eibach or Sachs and ask for these parts. They will not sell Alpina parts to you. In addition, it is Alpina’s philosophy to design a set of shocks and springs while keeping the rest of the car’s suspension components stock. Hence, Alpina shocks/springs have been raved in several BMW magazines as one that provides most neutral handling without sacrificing any comfort or sporty driving. Alpina suspension will not void your BMW warranty, simply because every Alpina part is approved by BMW.

Only way you can acquire a set of Alpina suspension in the US is through KSK Distributing. Unfortunately, a new set would have cost you US$1800.00 for so (check with KSK). I bought it through a different channel a year ago and paid about US$1100.00.

To be truthfully honest, this set of Alpina suspension has seen several track times. They are not being abused but rather they have been repeatedly tested to be track worthy. Ride comfort and handling characteristics have not changed. You can trust Alpina’s pledge of high quality in design.

What are included?
4 springs and 4 shocks and bumps. Everything you see in the picture.

Why am I selling it?

Because I have learned a lot about my car dynamics since starting at the tracks about 2 years ago. Moving from a novice to an intermediate group, I have decided to go with something more adjustable to suit my driving style to different track setups.

How much for the set?
I am asking $550.00 shipped by UPS Ground in the continental US.

How much to install by a shop?
Generally a two-hour job. So, go by the hour-rate.

How to pay?
Money order, personal check (have to clear first) or PayPal e-check option only. Local pick up in Los Angeles welcomed in cash.

How to reach me?
alpina.nut@attbi.com

More pictures:

Front Springs

Rear Springs

Front Shocks

Rear Shocks

Technik Engineering ASA Stage 1 Supercharged E46 M54B25.
NASA TTD So Cal. Track blog: VSETrack

Last edited by Mr Paddle.Shift; 02-24-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Mein Auto: 2010 S4, 2004 X3 2.5i
Any pics of your car with them installed? I'm looking for an idea of the drop.

Anyone know if you can store shocks for a couple years without them going bad?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:36 PM

Phil, here's the one pic I have. I should have taken some pics before I uninstalled them.

As you can see, Alpina's drop is quite conservative.

Old 03-02-2004, 10:07 PM