Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Interior Leather Feedback

Wanted to get everyone's opinion on leather color. I was looking at the Mojave but I am not sure if it looks rich with the white stitching. Wondering if black would be a better choice but black tends to suck in light. What about other colors? It would accompany a Titanium Silver Color Body.
Ads by Google
Old 04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
With T Silver, I would only go with Black...
Light colors: Only the Oyster one "could" go with Silver. But the down side is the fact (a hint I got from a BMW sales rep. himself) that specific clothings (such as jeans) leave blue color on the leather within time.

Make sure you also select a good trim. if you are going for a 35i, you need to go with the brushed Alum. as wooden trim doesn't go with TSilver. If it is a 28i, then go with the Silver Matte (standard), I've seen one at the dealership, very nice. The problem I have with the wooden trims is that no matter which type you choose, you are still left with parts of the dash, around the elect. stick, door handles that are in silver!!! So you end up with an interior which is 3-4 different colors... not professional.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 2.8 Alpine/Oyster
I've got the Oyster and its really nice. Do not get the silver matte with beige interior. I saw one at the dealer and it was hideous.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM

i agree with Eric...
btw, my comment on the trim was based on black leather only...
Old 04-20-2011, 09:40 AM

hmmm.....was thinking of black leather with the darker wood/ fine wave trim but I see your point about the disjointed results. I just thought the darker wood trim would look richer..........
Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 AM

when I was ordering my car, that was also my initial pick: Black leather with Wave trim (dark wood).... since I was ordering Mineral Silver (exterior) it went better with dark wood compared to the T Silver (you see, I think you should consider ext/int harmonics at the same time). But when I saw one at a dealership, I noticed the disjoints (as you best described it) with the distracting silvers all around...
but, hey, if that's no an issue for you, Wave trim with black leather goes fine... (better with Mineral Silver though)
I'd also check the black letherette if i were you... it's not bad actually looking at the premium you should pay for a leather...
that's what I ordered...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 AM

here are a couple of examples:

see the door handle, steering wheel, line below the A/C ducts, iDrive and around the e.stick, ... all still in silver
don't know about you...but I'm very picky on these things!! :-D

Last edited by Shaw; 04-20-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: photo doesn't open
Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 AM

now check this out!!!!

(Although it is a M Sport photo, but note the harmony!)
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the pics. It really illustrates your point which I agree with. I think I will go with Black and brushed silver.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Well, I would argue that the wave wood trim (dark wood) with black leather goes really well and the few silver pieces fit in nicely. Of course, I am biased since that is my combination (with Mineral Silver outside), but see for yourself. This is a panoramic image of that combination, courtesy of Lukich:

http://www.3dinterior.net/gallery/mo...3f25-002p.html

And also, I do not think that the leatherette is in the same category. The counterstitching on the leather does wonders for the overall look.

Finally, the black interior IMHO is not too dark, especially with a sunroof.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 PM

Wow. The dark wood is a lot darker and richer than illustrated on the configurator. Live pics make such a difference. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 (wifes car)
We have MS w/ Mojave/ wavewood. Looks absolutely incredible.
The stitching on the sportseats is almost an identical match to the outside color and is certainly NOT white.
I had oyster (parchment) w/blue piping in my RR...nice but impractical, showed everything.
If you want your X3 to stand out, go with the Mojave, you will not regret it.
'08 Super Duty Power Stroke (retired)
'07 MB ML CDI (retired)
'04 Toyota Solara convertible (retired)
'03 Range Rover HSE (fired)
Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 28i
Smoker, any pics?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonskitchen View Post
Smoker, any pics?
Ditto!!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:38 PM

I have the same problem with the pics I took that others have experienced. Google "BMW X3 Havana leather" and you will find several pics of the interior...The problem is NONE of them capture what the color really looks like!
Seriously!
I will post what I have later this evening, but they do not do the color justice!!
'07 MB ML CDI (retired)
Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Tyresmoker can you post pics of your interior? I'd love to see that combo!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:10 PM

Interior pics

Attached are a few pics. As I mentioned in a previous post THESE PICS DO NOT GIVE THE "RICHNESS" OF THE INTERIOR JUSTICE!! The interior is slightly darker than any pic I have seen on the net. The first one is the closest to the real color..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4200135.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	275381   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4200137.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	275382   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4200152.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	275383  
'07 MB ML CDI (retired)
Old 04-20-2011, 02:35 PM

I wish I could see this color in person. It was on my list but without seeing it, I couldn't go through with it. As you said, the pictures wash out the color so its hard to tell what it really looks like. I have a feeling it would look great in person because it doesn't look bad on pics. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Come on...even your screen name says it...!
Live a little!!
We ordered ours off of a swatch of brown that was not even Mojave!
What color exterior are you thinking?
'07 MB ML CDI (retired)
Old 04-20-2011, 04:14 PM

I already put the order in but can still make changes. I am getting Mineral Silver with Black leather interior and Fineline wave wood trim (35i). Got the premium package, sport activity package, cold weather package, technology package, keyless entry, Premium hi-fi, BMW apps & smartphone integration. Hated to spend 50 grand on car without knowing what the interior would really look like. If I could see it in person, I would probably have ordered it! How 'bout driving to Michigan so I can take a peek??!!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
I already put the order in but can still make changes. I am getting Mineral Silver with Black leather interior and Fineline wave wood trim (35i). Got the premium package, sport activity package, cold weather package, technology package, keyless entry, Premium hi-fi, BMW apps & smartphone integration. Hated to spend 50 grand on car without knowing what the interior would really look like. If I could see it in person, I would probably have ordered it! How 'bout driving to Michigan so I can take a peek??!!
Wow I ordered pretty much the same X3 except for the keyless entry and premium audio..funny. In fact mine is in the middle of being built right now. Part of me wishes I had added the premium audio but it was already over 50K and had to stop somewhere...and I didn't get the chance to hear the premium so I said forget it. If the stock one doesn't do it I'll just go back in a year or so and put in nicer stuff. I think the 800-900 to upgrade is very reasonable but if I'm going to jump into an upgraded audio some extra bucks and non-bmw upgrades will fit nicely
Old 04-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: X3
I think Havana (Mojave in the US) leather looks great with Titanium Silver exterior and I prefer the aluminium trim for the slick, modern look.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
Wow I ordered pretty much the same X3 except for the keyless entry and premium audio..funny. In fact mine is in the middle of being built right now. Part of me wishes I had added the premium audio but it was already over 50K and had to stop somewhere...and I didn't get the chance to hear the premium so I said forget it. If the stock one doesn't do it I'll just go back in a year or so and put in nicer stuff. I think the 800-900 to upgrade is very reasonable but if I'm going to jump into an upgraded audio some extra bucks and non-bmw upgrades will fit nicely
Good taste Mole7374!! Mine hasn't started to be built yet, but I have a week 19 slot so not too much longer! I LOVE my music so I had to get the premium sound
Old 04-21-2011, 03:29 AM

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
Good taste Mole7374!! Mine hasn't started to be built yet, but I have a week 19 slot so not too much longer! I LOVE my music so I had to get the premium sound
Yea congrats!!! I LOVE the setup we got...just looks so sharp!! My dealer had almost the same thing sitting on the floor (had few things I didn't want so I ordered instead) and he had 20" M double spoke wheels on the x3 (see link)..*****! Man it looked so hot with the 20's but living up here in northern NJ getting sport wheels can be a hazard with potholes etc...and besides these are not so cheap!

I think on the audio route I'm going to wait and do some upgrades later on...I love music too but held off...the base system still has subs etc and the premium gets you the extra tweeters and an amp...I figure 6 months in 3rd party folks will have speaker upgrades and I can get exactly what I want rather than what BMW drops in.

Contrats and good luck!!

http://www******bmwusa.com/ProductDe...cessories.aspx
Old 04-22-2011, 12:10 AM

Mein Auto: 330
more pics of this car

http://www.3dinterior.net/gallery/mo...3-002rigp.html

http://www.3dinterior.net/gallery/mo...3-002revp.html