Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
04 745

Looks like im having same issues with alternator dis you all order the wet one
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 PM

Did*
Old 09-14-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrberretta View Post
Looks like im having same issues with alternator dis you all order the wet one
What do you mean "wet one"
Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 PM

Mein Auto: 7601
Help: Engine Shutoff Automatically and shows no faults .

My 2005 760i is having a hard time idling and staying on when it first starts. The engine will shutoff at a stop sign after I have pressed the gas and the car has stared to move, but all of the sudden everything shuts off ad the steering locks. At this point I have to completely take the key out and re start the car but when it tries to restart is has a real hard time getting going and sometimes I have to press the gas to help it get going. this happens every morning at the same stop sign but the car will run great the rest of the day at high speed and will sometimes do the same on the way back from work at the same stop sign from my work side.

The system shows no fault at all.....

Please help I have put a new fuel pump and its still doing it.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:01 AM

My car a 2002 745i just lost all function on the cluster, non of the dials are working, onboard computer and the transmission went into leamp mode, wat could the problem be, I changed the alternator but theres still no display of gears, it just flashes those arrows, please help
Old 05-28-2014, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750I
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemoney View Post
My car a 2002 745i just lost all function on the cluster, non of the dials are working, onboard computer and the transmission went into leamp mode, wat could the problem be, I changed the alternator but theres still no display of gears, it just flashes those arrows, please help
You need to have someone with a diagnostic tool like INPA to plug into your ODB and see if they can communicate with the instrument cluster. If there is no communication it means that either the cluster is bad or something has potentially gone wrong with your wiring or the central gateway in the car.

The central gateway for communication between all the modules in the car is the ZGM gateway. If the central gateway goes bad it wil cause this type of issue as well. I iremembr once I was updating a module on the car with the car on and the instrument cluster did the same thing yours is doing because while I was updating the module other communication through the central gateway module was interupted.