Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Tire Pressure Malfunction

2007 Alpina B7

I recently removed stock wheel and replaced with 22'. Found out that my vehicle has TPMS and not FTM.. Then removed sensors in stock wheel, but they will not fit in aftermarket wheels. Had the idea of making an enclosed pvc piping with the sensors inside, set pressure to 36ish. I tried to reset TPMS, but the TPMS Malfunction is still on.. I followed all the procedures on resetting the TPMS

Does the TPMS system work differently on BMW than other cars or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 535xDrive; '98 Z3 2.8
Sounds like the TPMS module cannot be found & read by the body-mounted antennae. What is this PVC thing you rigged up to hold / contain the modules?? Did you seal them up so they are unable to read tire inflation pressures & / or broadcast the reading? I'm not 200% familiar with how that happens but it may have something to do with the metal stems that ordinarily poke through the valve stem mounting hole. That may be your problem. I'd think that any 'brand name' aftermarket wheel made for a contemporary car (except maybe in some 3rd world country) would be able to accommodate the stem of the sensor. What brand / style did you buy? Any recourse with the seller?? If not you might have to code the TPMS setting to "off" via coding. This forum has a very active and high-expertise group of coding gurus - and a sub-forum devoted to that: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

"Seek and ye shall find" ... start with your owner's manual!

Click on the MrRebates logo/link below for cash back savings at on-line stores like Tirerack!
Mr. Rebates
Old 04-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Body mounted antenna.. That's probably why it's not reading. Yes, the enclosed pvc pipe contains the sensors and yes, the piping is sealed so it can hold pressure. The sensors that came off of the oem alpina wheels don't have the metal stems, they are screwed into the wheel and the valve steam is screwed into a diffeent place.

The wheels look like this, but 22' and wider: http://mbworld.org/forums/attachment...es-swiss-3.jpg

I've also called the indy shop that I usually go to and they said that there isn't a way to turn off the TPMS by coding, but they could be wrong. I'll looking to the link.

Thanks for the fast reply!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search