Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
The OP is fortunate that living in Woodside he has at least 3 BMW stores within a short driving range, well -- not too long. There are another 5 dealers a little further away.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i w/M sport
I'm a firm believer in the value of living near multiple BMW dealerships. I drove past two closer dealers to buy my 2012 X5 in Northern Va. While I was price shopping I found a huge variation in pricing, probably based on amount of nearby competition.

My experience at BMW of Alexandria was very good.

S
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 PM
pay it forward

Mein Auto: X5 and Subaru Impreza
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanar200 View Post
until the first service need what with X5 should not be long...
i have had my X5 since October and have been back to the dealership only to have my inspection sticker placed. It took about 20min
RIP 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
RIP 1986 Honda Accord (involved in three car accident while pahked in the North End)
RIP 2002 Mini Cooper (90th produced)
Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 Boxster S
Game over

Well...decision made. I couldn't bring myself to buy (lease) the car from them. I could have probably gone either way but, in the end, I didn't want to do such a significant financial transaction with people that I didn't feel comfortable with. To give credit where credit is due, the CA was very gracious and I commend him for wanting to do the right thing...even if his management pissed me off.

As I said earlier, I had been on the fence all along between the X5 and the Cayenne and today I ordered a 2012 Cayenne V6. Not quite as good mileage, but lower cost fuel.....and a VERY hot ride in addition!

Thanks to everyone here for all of their advice and counsel. I will think about you all whenever I drive by a 35d.

PS- if anyone is in the market for a nicely equipped 35d, I am sure that BMW of Mountain View would be happy to sell you one right away. PM me for details
2004 E320 4Matic Wagon Brilliant Silver/Black
....and way too many 'former' cars to admit to publicly!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 PM

Well everyone--- the adventure continues...

I have had some 'orderer's remorse' on my Cayenne order. As much as I really like it, a few things have been nagging at me:
1. Mileage
2. Higher price
3. Fewer bells and whistles

Discovered that my BMW dealer still had 'my' X5 so I went back with my wife. We still love the X5, REALLY like the color combo AND realized that since the are honoring the original miscalculated price, we are getting as good of a deal as we could possibly get.

Bottom line: we are taking delivery of our Deep Sea Blue 35d tomorrow!

I guess I needed a few weeks to get over my initial ire.

Looking forward to tomorrow.....and getting a few freebies that the CA, the Sales Manager and the GM are all ponying up for the trouble that they have caused me!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:30 AM

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35I Premium
People here sometimes talk about respecting dealers and so on...With all due respect, when I'm out to buy a car, I'm there to make the best deal for myself. I know they would nail me if they could with a smile on their face.

When I started the process of replacing my X3, I went to "my" dealer and I sat on a cubicle by myself, waiting for my salesman to have "the talk"with his manager. Two salesmen were talking nearby, unaware of my presence, and one was congratulating the other for convincing a sucker to trade in his car for $2,0000.00 less that he was being offered at CarMax.

First I was going to get a 535Ix until I found out in this Forum about the defective Goodyears that come with it. When confronted they didn't deny there was a problem with it. The car came, I refused delivery and it's still sitting on their lot because I had ordered it with no navigation.

I ordered the X5 and it's coming about June 17 or 18th. It comes with adaptive drive, which they claim it makes it unsellable to anyone else. If they try anything, They'll have two on their lot on my account.

Last edited by eldorado01; 05-21-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:58 AM

It seems that bad dealer experiences happen all too frequently. For a variety of reasons that I won't go into here, I have decided to hold off on my Cayenne purchase.

My dealer has been GREAT and while I am sure he will be able to resell quickly (and likely for more $$), I'd love to be able to present him with a replacement buyer. There is simply no excuse for leaving people waiting, not being responsive and not standing behind your commitments- even if it means selling the occasional vehicle at a loss if an error was made but to maintin a customer relationship.

With all of that being said, I think that we who are smarter than the average buyer (at least as it relates to vehicle purchasing!) need to be careful to not push TOO hard. Trust me- I want to get the best deal that I can-- but we DO need to allow the dealer ( and BMW for that matter) to make a reasonable profit. Without that, the dealer won't be able to pay it's staff, keep the lights on and continue to be able to service our cars.

I am sure that there will be those who find this posting to be blasphemous, but it is just a matter of good business.

Bottom line: the best deals are deals when it is win/win for the buyer and the seller.

Last edited by MAPC; 05-21-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35I Premium
I won't argue with you. I got the X5 at $700.00 over invoice. That's a reasonable price for both parties involved.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: BMW x5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPC View Post
Well everyone--- the adventure continues...

I have had some 'orderer's remorse' on my Cayenne order. As much as I really like it, a few things have been nagging at me:
1. Mileage
2. Higher price
3. Fewer bells and whistles

Discovered that my BMW dealer still had 'my' X5 so I went back with my wife. We still love the X5, REALLY like the color combo AND realized that since the are honoring the original miscalculated price, we are getting as good of a deal as we could possibly get.

Bottom line: we are taking delivery of our Deep Sea Blue 35d tomorrow!

I guess I needed a few weeks to get over my initial ire.

Looking forward to tomorrow.....and getting a few freebies that the CA, the Sales Manager and the GM are all ponying up for the trouble that they have caused me!
Congrats, I think you've made the right decision, and you're gonna be very happy. In my opinion, the X5 is really just a better car all around. The Deep Sea Blue is gorgeous, as is the rest of the vehicle.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:41 PM

We have only had the X5 for 24 hours, but already feel like it was the right ride for us.

COLOR SELECTION
The colors are absolutely fantastic- DSB is incredible in the sunlight and Cinnamon is an incredibly rich looking -- almost bespoke-- interior color. The Cinnamon against the black and then with the anthracite headliner in the Sport Activity Package is a great look.

ELECTRONICS
Definitely enjoying the iPhone integration, the rear cam with overhead view and the Auto Hold on the transmission.

ECONOMY
So far, about 50 miles of in town driving have averaged 20.5 mpg and 75 miles of highway averaged 26.5 mpg. Impressive, and should only improve as it gets broken in.