Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Help!-Trying to configure 28i

Option 1: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps

Option 2: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps, Heated Seats & Wheel

Option 3: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps, DHP Pkg

Option 4: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps, Heated Seats & Wheel, DHP Pkg

Definitely know I want Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Cargo Nets (think I will use it), Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps...

In the air are: Sports Act Pkg,Heated Seats & Wheel and DHP Pkg

Arrgh...so hard to make a decision.
Ads by Google
Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 F25
I got the Sports Activity Pkg. for the nicer wheels. If you live in LA, you may want to re-consider the heated seats/steering wheel. Last I lived in Southern CA, there were very few days cold enough to warrant it.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Comfort access will delay production for several months I believe. That may help. LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 06:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
Some options are kinda essential and others are sort of "nice to have"... (again this has totally to do with personal tastes)

In Canada, for a 28i, you can go for 3 packages. In US, you will find different packages but essentially all boil down to same features. My point of view:

Technology Package which includes:
- BMW on Board Navigation Package (must have)
- BMW TeleServices (bias)
- BMW assist w/extended Bluetooth (must have- driving regulations)
(I have had built in Nav. as well as standalone. Never like the standalone. Always have to think about taking the GPS with me or not leaving it on the dash,... So for me a built-in Nav is a must!)

Premium Package:
- Panorama Sunroof (nice to have- but if you have it once, you'd always want it)
- X-Line Package (nice to have)
- Auto Dimming ext Mirros (handy and practical)
- Auto Dimming int Mirrors (handy and practical)
- Park Dist Control (very handy)
- Bi-Xenon headlights with Corona rings (nice to have)

Executive Package:
- Automatic trunk (nice to have)
- Universal Remote Control (bias)
- Comfort Access (having had a car before with this feature and currently a car without it, it's a pain... so now it has become a must have)
- Rear View Camera (nice to have if the park distance control is already there)
- HiFi Sound System (for those interested in music or people who spend a lot on the road, it's a must have- like myself)

And there are some additional features that come standard on Canadian cars which are optional (i think) on the US version such as:
- Heated front seats (in Canada and colder climates, it's a must have. In California - and specially where I used to live- Torrance,LA, back in late 80s, it is definitely a nice to have ;-D )
- Heated steering wheel (must have)
- Multi-function steering wheel (nice to have- but most cars have it nowadays)
- Dynamic Cruise Control (must have)

I don't exactly know what's in every US package, but i'm sure you'd be able to find them above...
By the way, I went for all 3 packages, as I couldn't exactly choose individual feature (a marketing technique!)
Old 04-27-2011, 06:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528iSport, 2012 E93
I live in So. Ca. and love my heated seats. You don't need them in the summer that is for sure, but they sure are nice on cold mornings.

2011 F10 sport, 2012 E93M sport (totaled)
Old 04-27-2011, 06:15 AM

Regarding DHP, I know that in Canada, it only comes on the 35i version
As well as sport package (that also comes only on a 35i I think)
Old 04-27-2011, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cer2225 View Post
Comfort access will delay production for several months I believe. That may help. LOL
Where did you hear that?

Iíve seen that the automatic tailgate option and cars ordered without NAV are on backorder, but havenít seen anything regarding comfort access.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. (Mark Twain)

any spelling or gramitical errors on my part are just glitches that appear to those that are not pproperly keyed into my code generator. If this occurs, pleas PM me for an updated deKription key.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:35 AM

Mein Auto: X3
My mistake. I was thinking Convenience Package. My brain must have been asleep this morning.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe
Plus there is the rumor that starting with May production, navigation will be a "mandatory" option.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrir View Post
Plus there is the rumor that starting with May production, navigation will be a "mandatory" option.
That one is false.
You can still order without nav, but it will take longer to produce because they are short on some of the parts for non-nav cars.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. (Mark Twain)

any spelling or gramitical errors on my part are just glitches that appear to those that are not pproperly keyed into my code generator. If this occurs, pleas PM me for an updated deKription key.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cer2225 View Post
My mistake. I was thinking Convenience Package. My brain must have been asleep this morning.
Thanks!
You got me worried because I was very careful not to order mine with any parts that were known to be out of supply.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by harplayr View Post
That one is false.
You can still order without nav, but it will take longer to produce because they are short on some of the parts for non-nav cars.
I hope so. My order has been status 112 since early April but has been delayed to May production due to the Convenience Package. I refuse to pay for nav. I tried it and it just isn't all that great.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
I think I can live without the heated seats (though they are nice to have). I want the comfortable seats so I am leaning towards the Sports Act Pkg but am I going to regret not getting DHP Pkg? There are so many mixed things said about it. It sounds great if all is well but huge potential to create problems should there be any issue (rattling/ sound).
Old 04-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i E82 MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occhi View Post
I think I can live without the heated seats (though they are nice to have). I want the comfortable seats so I am leaning towards the Sports Act Pkg but am I going to regret not getting DHP Pkg? There are so many mixed things said about it. It sounds great if all is well but huge potential to create problems should there be any issue (rattling/ sound).
Although everyone here seems to think they have to have the DHP, I suggest that is really not the case. It's a bit of getting all the "toys" even if you will never use them, but you can say you have "it". I am guilty as well. I came from a M3 Sedan - I don't expect an X3 35i, even with DHP, to handle anywhere near the M3. If it's extreme track use or road "racing" you are after, don't get an X3.

Most ppl will be just as happy without the DHP - don't be pressured into it on here.
Gone: 2011 X35i, Vermillion Red, MSport.
Gone: 2007 328xiTouring, Barbera Red, Lemon, 6MT.
Gone: 2009 M3 Sedan, Alpine White, Black Novillo, M-DCT.
Gone: 2008 535xi, Alpine White, Black Dakota, MSport.
Long Gone: 11 other BMWs between 1971 and 1986.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by No12 View Post
Although everyone here seems to think they have to have the DHP, I suggest that is really not the case. It's a bit of getting all the "toys" even if you will never use them, but you can say you have "it". I am guilty as well. I came from a M3 Sedan - I don't expect an X3 35i, even with DHP, to handle anywhere near the M3. If it's extreme track use or road "racing" you are after, don't get an X3.

Most ppl will be just as happy without the DHP - don't be pressured into it on here.

this is very sane advice.....DHP is nice but certainly not necessary - the standard ride and handling setup is superb for all but the super enthusiast that this board attracts . I'll bet DHP has an install rate of less than 10% nationally on a 2.8.

RTOM.....

Last edited by Glen E; 04-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:19 AM

In Canada, you can't order the DHP on 28i and it only comes on 35i... (not sure if that's the case in US)
But I also agree, that the DHP is not all that necessary...I drove both types...I love BMW driving w or w/o it...
(don't forget marketing!!! everyone's gotta make a living... extra options make good money for suppliers...)