Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
Lightbulb How BMW Fascinates you?

Describe in your own wordings and thoughts, why you are so fascinated by BMW vs. all other brands out there such as M-B, Audi, etc.

Last edited by Shaw; 04-28-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 X3 3.0si
Primarily the driving experience.

BMW seems to be the only vehicle I'm not bored to tears with after driving it for a year.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i E82 MSport
My ordered new X3 will be my 15th BMW over a long period of years.

Why do I keep coming back? Mainly, it's just the "feel" of the car - call it driving dynamics, the "ultimate driving machine" or whatever you wish, but BMWs just "feel" different. There are more powerful cars, cars that likely handle a bit better at the extreme, there are cars that are "plusher" inside, and have more "do-dads"; but for ALL AROUND driving fun, even on your daily drive to work, nothing beats a BMW.

They are, for me, as close to a perfect "balance" of driving characteristics as you can get today. I remain a strong fan...!!!
Gone: 2011 X35i, Vermillion Red, MSport.
Gone: 2007 328xiTouring, Barbera Red, Lemon, 6MT.
Gone: 2009 M3 Sedan, Alpine White, Black Novillo, M-DCT.
Gone: 2008 535xi, Alpine White, Black Dakota, MSport.
Long Gone: 11 other BMWs between 1971 and 1986.

Last edited by No12; 04-28-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
BMW makes a decent car that is interesting to drive. Is it the best out there -- no, not in my opinion but it is generally a pretty good automobile. I have had a number of them in different series over the years and one thing they have in common is a good driving dynamic, even the '68 2002 I had first (terrible reliability) drove well. The best and most exciting car I ever had was a '28 DeSoto Roadster with a '53 Dodge "baby Hemi" stuffed in it.

Last edited by UncleJ; 04-28-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoman707 View Post
Primarily the driving experience.

BMW seems to be the only vehicle I'm not bored to tears with after driving it for a year.
I thnk this quote says it best.... this X3 will be my 2nd BMW (2001 325ci) and BMWs seems to be the only car that absolutely makes me want to get back in and drive...after I test drove the 35 I could not wait to get back in it.

I'm also a happy subaru owner, and I "love" my subaru (it's true like in the commercial) but nothing makes me want to get back in it like a Bimmer
Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
Do you all agree with this statement that : "BMW is a Benchmark" from other brand's perspective?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: E90/E91
Quote:
Originally Posted by No12 View Post
My ordered new X3 will be my 15th BMW over a long period of years.

Why do I keep coming back? Mainly, it's just the "feel" of the car - call it driving dynamics, the "ultimate driving machine" or whatever you wish, but BMWs just "feel" different. There are more powerful cars, cars that likely handle a bit better at the extreme, there are cars that are "plusher" inside, and have more "do-dads"; but for ALL AROUND driving fun, even on your daily drive to work, nothing beats a BMW.

They are, for me, as close to a perfect "balance" of driving characteristics as you can get today. I remain a strong fan...!!!

Not sure I could say it any better. The X3 will be our fifth BMW. I was actually shopping for a C Class Benz when I stumbled upon the BMW magic. The dealership sells both brands, and while my sales person the MB side was attending to some other business, I wandered over to the BMW side to kill time. The E90 was just being launched, and they had one in the showroom. I was appreciating the new look of the 3 Series when asked if I'd like to take one for a drive. I'll test drive a tractor if you ask me, so sure - I took one for a spin. When I emerged from the car (this was the first time I'd ever driven a bimmer) I said "okay, I get it now". Ordered an E90 within the week. Since then, we replaced my wife's car with the E91 (3 wagon) which has now been replaced with the X5. My first E90 was replaced with my current E90, which will be replaced by the X3.

As No.12 says, nothing else quite feels like a BMW.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
Nothing feels like a BMW with run flat tires (when you live in NYC), no spare (when you got a flat in Montana), and no dipstick (yeah, trust the German electronics to tell you the oil level).

And let's not forget the company that starts with letter P.

OK, BMW are fine driving machines, but recent developments at BMW really make me wonder.