Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2004 Events > Calgary, Alberta - June 26

Calgary, Alberta - June 26

Old 02-27-2004, 11:24 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 2002tii
Trip Seattle-Calgary

it is 1078 km via Abottsford, Merrit, Kamloops
or 1167 via Spokane;
Old 02-27-2004, 11:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 OB 330i
Hey, speaking of speeding, what is the deal up there? You guys know how we are down here, I think. Most places out here you can probably go up to 10 over no problem. Other places, like in the Southland, you can usually go faster if you are not too far out of line with the "flow." What would it be like driving up there? When I've driven in Vancouver, like twice or something, everyone seems to be going pretty slow. I feel out of place. I try to just put the cruise control on to control me. I wouldn't mind making the Calgary trip, but I'd want to be able to go and not have to worry about "not speeding."
Old 02-29-2004, 11:16 AM
The Corruptor

Mein Auto: ACS 323i
You can usually get away with 10 over. 15 over is borderline (kmph that is)
Old 03-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Love BMW. Want Porsche.

Send a message via MSN to Fluidic Digital
Mein Auto: 97` Cosmos-Black 328is
What's going on everyone.

My name is Peter, but my friends call me FD. Clem threatened physical harm on my person if I didn't sign up and donate at least 1000 bucks to the bimmerfest website... so here I am... and I'm happy to say, I'm not hurt. lol
Old 03-01-2004, 12:47 PM
The Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluidic Digital
What's going on everyone.

My name is Peter, but my friends call me FD. Clem threatened physical harm on my person if I didn't sign up and donate at least 1000 bucks to the bimmerfest website... so here I am... and I'm happy to say, I'm not hurt. lol
HAHAHAHAHA Peter

The $1000 was for me not the site.

Good to see you registered up and looking forwward to you being at the event.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Love BMW. Want Porsche.

Send a message via MSN to Fluidic Digital
Mein Auto: 97` Cosmos-Black 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem
HAHAHAHAHA Peter

The $1000 was for me not the site.

Good to see you registered up and looking forwward to you being at the event.
Aww damnit... oh well... bimmerfest gets a thousand bucks... it's for a good cause... right.

Clem check your PM's.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW M3/4
I'm gonna be there! all registered and stuff! It's one day after my finals are done, so I'll have half a day to clean that thing up

hey fluidic, what made you give up VW and go to BMW?

1998 BMW M3/4
2004 BMW 545iA
2000 Land Rover Discovery
BIMMERFEST CALGARY!! BOO YAH

Last edited by M3@Apex; 03-05-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Jet Black M5
Hope to see you'all there !!

My 2003 Jet Black M5,Silverstone Sport Seats, Individual Birch Anthracite Trim,AA CAI,IAS,Rogue SS, Valentine 1, CPT,Grilles,Corners
Old 03-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Is there anything else?

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Can't wait.

Hey, just found your site and am happy to here your event is coming to Calgary. I have lots of friends here that drive the best, and I'm sure they will register for the 'fest.

Sharpy,

Calgary
Old 03-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Northern enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Senad Send a message via MSN to Senad
Mein Auto: e46m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy
Hey, just found your site and am happy to here your event is coming to Calgary. I have lots of friends here that drive the best, and I'm sure they will register for the 'fest.

Sharpy,

Calgary
It's like your a poet and you dont even know it.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: 88 325is
Thumbs up Lodging....

If anyone needs lodging while in Calgary, please drop me a line, and I'll see if I can help you out.
St/\\\nford
Old 03-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 325 CiC
Convoy from BC

Just got my 01' 325 CiC... such a deal... only 20,000 Kms... If you are going to Calgary and want to convoy... I'll be glad to join from Kamloops. Vancouver and WA will most likely go through here. If you are coming from WA. do yourself a favour and take the Duffy lake road (Pemberton Highway). You are adding a considerable distance to your trip, but you'll go through Whistler and a drive a very twisty mountain road. The scenery is incredible and in June will likely be an incredible drive. Look forward to meeting everyone!

See you there!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:45 PM
love the tanks

Send a message via MSN to sstuner
Mein Auto: 95 540 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slk2c230k
Just got my 01' 325 CiC... such a deal... only 20,000 Kms... If you are going to Calgary and want to convoy... I'll be glad to join from Kamloops. Vancouver and WA will most likely go through here. If you are coming from WA. do yourself a favour and take the Duffy lake road (Pemberton Highway). You are adding a considerable distance to your trip, but you'll go through Whistler and a drive a very twisty mountain road. The scenery is incredible and in June will likely be an incredible drive. Look forward to meeting everyone!

See you there!

ABSOLUTLEY its an amazing route.

amazing
Old 03-30-2004, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325 CiC
Since the drive is so nice... depending on the time I have available... I am considering back routing and making the Whistler drive myself. If there is enough interest, I might just do it. I was going to make the trip this summer anyway as I have to go to Vancouver Island, but since this is a convoy and is a rare occaision, I'll gladly make the journey on this occaision. If I come, I'll hook up with everyone somewhere south of Vancouver to make getting through "Big Smoke" easier. I'm sure someone from Vancouver will be there to make things easy.

Here are the directions:

Vancouver --> Find and cross the Lions Gate Bridge and follow the signs to TransCanada Highway #1 west toward Horseshoe Bay (or follow the Upper Levels highway from the Port Mann Bridge). Take the Squamish - Whistler exit onto Hwy. 99 North, the Sea to Sky Highway. Read signs carefully. You don't want to go to Horseshoe Bay and the junction is a bit tricky.

Follow Hwy 99 North all the way to Whistler. Have lunch in Whistler. If you've never been there before, You'll be impressed! There are some very excellent restaurants there. Proceed onward to Kamloops! Just follow highway 99 to the signs. The fun really begins now! Switchback after switchback. I'm sure you will feel like you have gone to the gym as there will be plenty of braking and clutch work, not to mention your arms will likely grow some too. You will first go through Pemberton, then onward to Lillooet (LILLOWET) You'll be dumped out at Cache Creek where you simply turn right onto Highway 97 for about 6kms then left on to the TransCanada #1 Highway. Follow the #1 to Kamloops. If I don't join the convoy from Vancouver, I'll be the one on the side of the road by my 325CiC with Giant SMILE! The rest is simple!

Many people come to BC and call it GOD's country. This is the path God takes when he goes Home. I have lived here most of my life, but only took this route for the first time a couple of years ago. After living in BC so long, you take it's beauty for granted, but I noticed it again during this drive and have been looking for a reason to make another trip! It is truly spectacular and should not be missed!

Oh yes... be careful. This is a high mountain passage. This road is well graveled during the winter and as such, will lilely have some on the shoulders. We wouldn't want to see anybody in the rhubarb if ya know what I mean. Also... distractions abound as this road has some very spectacular scenery... bring camera!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
2001|325ci|Convertible Automatic soft top|Titanium Silver Metallic|Auto Mirrors|Rainsensor|Xenon Headlights|Heated Seats w/driver memory|Black Montana Leather|Myrtle Interior|Steptronic|Homelink|Auto Mirror
Old 03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
love the tanks

Hey all

So here i am wondering.

i have an 84 318 and i registered like weeks ago now. so that means i get to park in the lot,

but the problem i am having with that is my car is 20 years old and its not going to be show room condition, where as there are all kinds of tricked out new ones.

as this is my first ever fest that i have ever been too i am a bit concerned about showing off my 20 year old car that i have now spent 385 hours restoring.
and it looks like i have another easy 500 to go.

but there will still be a few problems and little things that i wont get done in time.

so CLEM if there is a sweet ride that should be in the lot where as mine is pretty much going to be stock i am willing to give it up,

just thought i would let you all know in case there isnt enough space

see you all in cow town
Old 04-01-2004, 09:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Bobo83
Mein Auto: 03 325i
I don't think it should matter to much. There will be a lot of stock cars, or slightly modded ones. I'm not to sure on how many super modded bimmers are in Calgary, but hey, it's a BMW meet, doesn't matter if it's stock or not, just enjoy

Old 04-02-2004, 09:22 AM
The Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo83
I don't think it should matter to much. There will be a lot of stock cars, or slightly modded ones. I'm not to sure on how many super modded bimmers are in Calgary, but hey, it's a BMW meet, doesn't matter if it's stock or not, just enjoy

@ sstuner: Think of Bimmerfest as an organized ENTHUSIASTS meet. The whole premise of the event is about the love of BMWs, not whether they are modded or not.

There will a be a few "stock" 2002s and E30s and E28s etc etc... in attendance as well. You have nothing to be ashamed of. You've put a lot of your time and passion into restoring your car.... well show it off for the rest of the enthusiasts to see.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:17 PM
love the tanks

Hey Guys,

thanks enthusiasm, or how ever you spell it, hahaha. its contagious

i just spent 36 hours straight on it,. styring to get the prep work done for the paint wet

36 hours straight no sleep. its going to be sweet

just need a set of seats now where i dont fall through them,,

any one have a set??????

later all
Old 04-04-2004, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
Anyone else getting excited?! Can't wait to see all your hard work sstuner!
Old 04-04-2004, 10:30 PM
love the tanks

well this is one of the good news bad news days.

i cant believe it.

so here is my little 318.
number 2 cylinder has a massive amout of blow by, thats where the combustion gasses blow past the piston rings, its not good. so i am lookinf at 1800 bucks to redo the engine, it will take about a week to get the engine back from the machine shop and then another few hours to rebuild it and then put it back in,

thats the bad news.

now for the good news.

hahahahaha what a score,.

for a grand and i mean a grand even i am getting a 325 is engine,tranny,rear end, rear control arms with the disk brakes all around and the rest of the car, not much left of it though, some retard was drinking and driving and totalled it. but the running gear is still good, and with the exception of a damaged water pump and a destroyed rad it is all good to go.

so now the big project is about to start, swapping a 1.8 for the 2.5.

i am all tingly and feel like i am going to pee my pants just thinking about it.

sure the 1.8 goes like snot, but now i got the bigger and badder engine, hmmmmm
i wonder how many tickets i am going to get.......

any way just thought that i would post on here as you people are the only ones that understand what i am going through right now.,

but my ride will be on the road by the end of may. fresh paint, fresh interior and now a shinny new 2.5 inline 6

see you all in cow town
Old 04-05-2004, 06:03 PM

Mein Auto: Nothing :P
Hey guys.

Sounds like your gunna have a blast!! If you guys are meeting at Tunerworks to show them off before you go for the cruise, are people going to be allowed to come and check them out and even if they don't have a bimmer, tag along for the cruise? (Maybe I'll have to go rent a BMW so I can come

Thanks for the info
Old 04-06-2004, 07:23 AM
The Corruptor

Vehicles of all marques are welcome to join the cruise.

Please feel free to come enjoy the day's events with us.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:09 PM

Mein Auto: Nothing :P
Thats sweet, I will see if my buddies dad is going to be joining, he bought a brand new X5 and a Z8 I think so maybe I will come with them. I also might be investing in a 82 320i, I know it isn't much, but for a 15 year old who needs a project car, its not to bad, maybe Ill give it to my buddy to insure and we will come in that.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: car
Clem,
I'm going to come up with some folks from Seattle. Email me at: in_d_haus@hotmail.com I have another potential sponsor or 2 for ya.

Doug
Old 05-05-2004, 05:57 AM
love the tanks

so i guess this would be another update.

after getting my ride ready for paint i noticed a bit of a problem, 9 layers of paint. thats way too much. if i had painted it then the new layer could have flaked off on the highway and it would have come off in big sheets.

so what does a guy do??

sand it down to bare metal and start from scratch.

lots of time and energy spent sanding and let me tell ya its not fun so much dust and when the sand paper flys off the sander it hurts. oh yeah.

so now i have down to bare steel fixed a few dents and dings and decided that i am going to try painting myself.,

its not hard and it turned out pretty good, better than i had expected actually. so as of today here is where i sit

1. striped the car down to just the shell in and out
2 sanded down to bare steel
3. repaired a bit of body damage
4. applied the first stage of paint an epoxy primer/sealer
5. 2 more holes in the floor to repair, should be finished tonight
6. sand blasted the engine bay
7. repaired passsenger seat back. it broke.

plan on painting again on thursday, under the hood with the epoxy primer and then again on saturday with the first atempt at putting some color back onto the car.

i decided to go with a totally differnt color which means the entire car has to be painted, door jams, trunk and under hood.

its a lot more work but it will look better in the end.

so here are the plans.

2.5 going in and 1.8 hitting the scrap pile. any one need parts from the 1.8 liter let me know. i have the entire thing along with wiring harness and the computer. and the idle control box

leather seats and a newer interior, including head liner and carpet.

oh and of course paint.

just thought i would post this on here in case any one was wondering or not

see you all later