Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 745li individual
272c & 272d fault codes???

Hi guys

Sorry 2be a pest just you guys have been so helpful with my problems hopefully I can get some good advice again.

Had car on my mates computer and these fault codes came up
272c
272d only these 2 came up and I was wondering if these faults make the car run with a intermittent bad idle? Sometimes the idle of the car jumps up n down and I wondered if this could be the course or something more sinister that won't show up on a diagnostic machine.

Thanks again guys

Sent from my Desire HD using Bimmer App
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750I
Check this thread for fault codes posted by Wilson

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=432282

These are fuel mixture codes which can definitely be a reason for idle surges. There could be a number of things that can affect the air, spark, fuel mixture that can throw a code like this. The common culprits are :

Vacuum leaks
Bad Mass air flow sensor
Bad oxygen sensor
Bad fuel injectors
Clogged fuel filter
Crankcase ventilation valves.

I am currently troubleshooting a similar problem which I have yet to nail down. If you are not handy and dont have diagnostic tools you need to have the car properly diagnosed. Alot of things here that can cost a bit of money if you just start throwing parts blindly at this problem.