Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 02-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 3x330,AMV8,996GT2
NAV warning and screen question

Is there a way to by pass the warning screen?
Is it possible to disable the system from turning on altogether each time?
Ads by Google
Old 02-29-2004, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: '02 330ci
Second hand info i heard.

"Europen version dont have it"

"with new version of software ,it can be bypassed"

I believe there is a specific website dedicated to NAV. run by NAV owners ..if i can find the link i will post.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:59 AM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutme
Is there a way to by pass the warning screen?
If you have a MK III system (CD drive in the navigation computer) you can downgrade to V17 or V18 (that's the version number of the software update CD, unrelated to the navigation software version) and then upgrade to the latest CD (currently V22.1). This will trigger a software bug which will cause the NAV system to think it is configured for UK operation. Distances will be given in yards instead of feet, and you will lose the "Emergency" setting on the menu (if you don't have a car phone, that shouldn't matter).

However, if you decide you don't like it, you will have to have the dealer re-code the navigation computer. Expect at least a half hour's labor while they try to figure out what to do (it is an unusual problem for them to encounter).

This does not work on the newer MK IV (DVD drive in the NAV computer) as there is no software for the MK IV prior to V20 or thereabouts.
Quote:
Is it possible to disable the system from turning on altogether each time?
I'm not sure I follow you on this one.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:29 PM

Question one only bugs me because question two bugs me. Does that make sense? If the nav screen didn't turn everytime the car started, I wouldn't care about the warning. The second question was about whether I disable the screen when I start the car. The screen turns on everytime I start the car and I don't need it 99% of the time. So.. why'd I get it? It came with the car.. Still nice toy to have

And.. I have Mark IV nav...
Old 02-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutme
Question one only bugs me because question two bugs me. Does that make sense? If the nav screen didn't turn everytime the car started, I wouldn't care about the warning. The second question was about whether I disable the screen when I start the car. The screen turns on everytime I start the car and I don't need it 99% of the time. So.. why'd I get it? It came with the car.. Still nice toy to have

And.. I have Mark IV nav...
Each time when I turn the car on, the radio screen comes on in my car (or the CD), not the NAV screen.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
Each time when I turn the car on, the radio screen comes on in my car (or the CD), not the NAV screen.
Hmms.. Well. .just the screen coming on is annoying. Not necessarily the navigation coming on... I just wish the LCD wouldnt turn on