Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: X3
PCD. No X3?

Has anybody actually completed a PCD delivery for a F25? If so, what car did you get to take on the track?

We received a response to our PCD delivery request today and it included the following disclaimer:
Please Note: Our fleet of X3's have not arrived at the Performance Center and may not arrive prior to your Clients delivery date. In the event that an X3 is not available at the time of your client's delivery, we will place him/her in the vehicle that is most similar to the one they have purchased (This only applies to clients who have purchased an X3).
Ads by Google
Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i & 2013 328iX
This is a lease, right?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Not a lease.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 PM

So are you saying that they are not giving you the car you have actually ordered, and are providing you with a replacement???
Old 05-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Due to the high demand of the X3's, they have not had any available for the PCD test track. They are using X5's instead. From what I've read, it will be a long time before they will have X3's to use on the track.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM

Hi Shaw, my understanding of the Performance Center Delivery program is that you get track time in the same model car as what you ordered. They're saying they don't have any X3s, so you won't be able to take an X3 onto the track.
I read some other posts of folks that were planning on using the PCD program for their X3 delivery, but didn't see any reports back (which might be a problem with my searching skills).
Checking if anybody took delivery through PCD and if so, what alternative to the X3 they took on the track.
This is only an issue with the track time, I will still get the car I ordered (I hope).
Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
So are you saying that they are not giving you the car you have actually ordered, and are providing you with a replacement???
Shaw, he is talking about the test track runs. You don't drive your own vehicle on them, they provide you with vehicles to run through the course. The X3 is in such high demand right not that they don't have them to offer for the course. They have been using X5's.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:00 PM

Thrill, thanks for the info. Between that and the extra week of wait time I'll probably pass.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: x3 turbo
You will get an X3 for most of the events other than the off-road (other roads) course. There you will drive an X5.

So basically you will drive an X3 for the following activities: Mini road course, emergency ABS panic stops

On the wet skid pad you will probably end up in a 2wd 3 series so they can better show you the differences of the traction control settings.

We just picked up our X3 turbo on Friday at the PCD and it was absolutely a day to remember. If you are able to go then DO IT, it's a no brainer. Everything is top shelf there. I would highly recommend it even if it is just for the day. We got into SC around 2AM, loaded onto the shuttle by 7:45AM and left the center around 3 that afternoon. The M5 hot lap with the instructor is a pretty amazing experience! If you only have to wait an extra week then GO. Plus you will get 2 solid hours of 1 on 1 time with an X3 expert going over every single function in the vehicle. This will far exceed any info the dealer will give you when you pick up at your local dealer.

Oh yeah and you get free carpeted floor mats if you haven't already gotten them.

Last edited by n55x3; 05-09-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM

sorry guys for my mis-understanding... carry-on!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2b View Post
Thrill, thanks for the info. Between that and the extra week of wait time I'll probably pass.
X2b, if you can swing it, I would do the PCD! I wanted to, but had to many variables to coordinate. I think it would be a blast! What part of Michigan are you from? My 35i just finished production so *fingers crossed*, I'll have it by the end of the week!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3 35i
If you are considering going, get your reservation in ASAP. I could not get in until a month after my car was completed.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibmwx3 View Post
If you are considering going, get your reservation in ASAP. I could not get in until a month after my car was completed.
I have a tentative reservation for 9-Jun. Just need to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
X2b, if you can swing it, I would do the PCD! I wanted to, but had to many variables to coordinate. I think it would be a blast! What part of Michigan are you from? My 35i just finished production so *fingers crossed*, I'll have it by the end of the week!
I'm in Midland. My original build week was 17, then it was moved to build week 18 (last week), but again postponed for two 2 weeks due to 'supply problems' which I assume is due to the power tailgate. Let's hope they don't delay it a third time. If they do I'll probably start looking for plan B.

I'll call the dealer back tomorrow to confirm. Thanks everyone for the information. You've convinced me to go.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM

Old 05-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2b View Post
My original build week was 17, then it was moved to build week 18 (last week), but again postponed for two 2 weeks due to 'supply problems' which I assume is due to the power tailgate. Let's hope they don't delay it a third time. If they do I'll probably start looking for plan B.
My car was completed last week. I have the power tailgate, so don't know if that is the cause of your delay.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibmwx3 View Post
My car was completed last week. I have the power tailgate, so don't know if that is the cause of your delay.
Mine was completed on the 8th....how about yours? We might be on the same delivery truck
Old 05-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Mine was completed on the 8th....how about yours? We might be on the same delivery truck
Mine was completed on 5/6. I'll be picking mine up in SC on June 3.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: Ordering X3 35i
Hmm any chance you can do PCD and redelivery to dealership (e.g. the $500 courtesy delivery).
Old 07-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Burnt Orange and Blue

Mein Auto: 2008 E93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
You will get an X3 for most of the events other than the off-road (other roads) course. There you will drive an X5.

So basically you will drive an X3 for the following activities: Mini road course, emergency ABS panic stops

On the wet skid pad you will probably end up in a 2wd 3 series so they can better show you the differences of the traction control settings.

We just picked up our X3 turbo on Friday at the PCD and it was absolutely a day to remember. If you are able to go then DO IT, it's a no brainer. Everything is top shelf there. I would highly recommend it even if it is just for the day. We got into SC around 2AM, loaded onto the shuttle by 7:45AM and left the center around 3 that afternoon. The M5 hot lap with the instructor is a pretty amazing experience! If you only have to wait an extra week then GO. Plus you will get 2 solid hours of 1 on 1 time with an X3 expert going over every single function in the vehicle. This will far exceed any info the dealer will give you when you pick up at your local dealer.

Oh yeah and you get free carpeted floor mats if you haven't already gotten them.
If I were to do the PCD on an X3, could I request an E89 for the wet skid pad? How about other portions - could I sub the E89? I know it sounds a bit goofy, but I am also considering a Z4 at this point.

Thanks,
abmwc
Old 07-10-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmwc View Post
If I were to do the PCD on an X3, could I request an E89 for the wet skid pad? How about other portions - could I sub the E89? I know it sounds a bit goofy, but I am also considering a Z4 at this point.

Thanks,
abmwc
I'd post your question here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136

They are pretty good at answering PCD questions quickly!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Burnt Orange and Blue

Mein Auto: 2008 E93 335i
Quote:
I'd post your question here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136

They are pretty good at answering PCD questions quickly!
Thanks, I will give that a shot!
abmwc