Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: Z3
bmw z3 1998 headlights.. pull apart easy to clean up? fix up?

Hi, just wondering if the stock headlights in the Zed are easy to get apart and back together? i am thinking of installing the Angel Eye kit and removing the coloured lens covering the indicator.

how will that look? anyone done that before?

ive seen mujjuman's lights and they look awesome!

I just dont really wanna spend 300US on a new set of lights while mine work fine.
Ads by Google
Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Resident Wax Slinger

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 2.5i
Personally I would just change them and get the projector set up. You have so much more in the way of options when you go that route. I have pulled apart headlights and done angel eyes on a few cars and yes they look great but making them water tight again is a major pain!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '00 M Roadster
you have to bake the whole unit in the oven to soften the glue and then pull them apart

TC Kline S/A Coilovers | Sharked | Turner Slotted Rotors | Axxis Ultimate Pads | SS Front Strut | IE Subframe Bushings | IE Rear Toe/Camber Kit
Whalen Shift Machine | Stygar Clutch Pedal | CDV Delete | LeatherZ Armrest | Whalen seat bushings | Z3Solutions Windblocker | Shift Pin fix
Old 05-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Resident Wax Slinger

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 2.5i
The only issue with baking them is if not done right there is a major possibility of distorting the lenses and also causing "crows footing" in the lenses. (I only know this because one of my friends tried this on his Z and had these issues.) I have done this in a few cars and if time is taken and careful watch is given it can be done successfully but in all honesty spend the money and get projectors with the halos in them... This is just my recommendation...