Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > 5 Series DIY

5 Series DIY
Knowledge Is Power! ~ The place for do-it-yourself threads on a variety of topics. Start a thread describing a particular job (oil change, cooling system overhaul, brakes, shocks and springs, etc.) or search for one you need help with!

Old 03-01-2004, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 528i Sport Package
M5 Spoiler installation question / clarification

I just picked up my M5 spoiler from the paint shop. I'm about to mount the tape to the spoiler when I became confused by the instructions.

Is the instructions saying I need to cut the tape out around the numbering or do I not put tape on the numbering section at all. See my pick to understand what I mean.

Red area represents the tape itself. So do use one long piece with center area cut out or do I use two separate pieces of tape?

Advertisement
Old 03-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagenmi1
Red area represents the tape itself. So do use one long piece with center area cut out or do I use two separate pieces of tape?
I just put tape across the whole thing and stuck it on. Not goin anywhere!
Old 03-01-2004, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead
I just put tape across the whole thing and stuck it on. Not goin anywhere!

I thought that was what you did. I was wondering if they did this for water movement? I can't understand why this needs to be done.

Did you use the BMW tape or the 3m scotch super mount tape from the auto store?

Last edited by hagenmi1; 03-01-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagenmi1
I thought that was what you did. I was wondering if they did this for water movement? I can't understand why this needs to be done.

Did you use the BMW tape or the 3m scotch super mount tape from the auto store?
3M. You make a good point about water movement, but I cant see why you'd want one MORE place for water to hide when washing the car. Mine's been on for over a year and it works great, rain or shine.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 530i sport
I have decided not to install my M5 rear spoiler. It's brand new in the box, so if anyone is interested, it's for sale.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:50 AM
08 Ten 2 8Li

Send a message via ICQ to spec33
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWalker
I have decided not to install my M5 rear spoiler. It's brand new in the box, so if anyone is interested, it's for sale.

firewalker,
What is the color of yours spoiler and how much do you want. You can email me @specc33@hotmail.com.
09 Acura RL (Sold)
05 Acura RL (Sold)
04/525i (Sold)
03 Navigator
Old 05-08-2004, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec33
firewalker,
What is the color of yours spoiler and how much do you want. You can email me @specc33@hotmail.com.
I have an after market spoiler that I would sell for $35. It's the black one pictured here. It just need to be sanded and paninted.