Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2004, 08:12 PM
'Cane's Avatar
'Cane 'Cane is offline
meroglot
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12,935
Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Date night: Revisited

Okay, so here is the follow up to my Sunday night post. I called her last night and got the voicemail. Our mutual friend told me that she said she had a good time, so I was optimistic that she would call back.... and she did, tonight. So we talked for about an hour, and we decided to go out again Firday night. Now the hard part is figuring what to do. At least I have a few days to try and make plans.

*Any ideas are welcome *
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Jever's Avatar
Jever Jever is offline
call me darkcloud
Location: undisclosed secret location
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 43,125
Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Cane
Okay, so here is the follow up to my Sunday night post. I called her last night and got the voicemail. Our mutual friend told me that she said she had a good time, so I was optimistic that she would call back.... and she did, tonight. So we talked for about an hour, and we decided to go out again Firday night. Now the hard part is figuring what to do. At least I have a few days to try and make plans.

*Any ideas are welcome *
congratulations on your 2nd date! Unfortunately I don't really have any ideas for you as I gave up dating years ago. What kind of things do you like to do, maybe that will give us something more to start with.
__________________
-Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse..

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2004, 08:40 PM
pintnight's Avatar
pintnight pintnight is offline
Vietato
Location: West of Dallas, East of Ft. Worth
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 22,006
Mein Auto: 2009 Toyota Matrix
Do something FUN!!! I took out my current girlfriend to see the Dallas Stars (hockey) play. She really enjoyed that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2004, 08:46 PM
elbert's Avatar
elbert elbert is offline
Sikkens Autocryl MM
Location: 39°07'03.90"N, 106°26'43.29"W
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,817
Mein Auto: Ford Tempo GL
C'mon, you live in South Florida...there's got to be something. Horses? Motorcycle? Boats? Ask your mutual friend what your date likes to do for fun.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2004, 08:53 PM
ObD's Avatar
ObD ObD is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 6,861
Mein Auto: '08 535 6mt
Boat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Sabrina's Avatar
Sabrina Sabrina is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: venus
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 12,611
Mein Auto: Broom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintnight
Do something FUN!!! I took out my current girlfriend to see the Dallas Stars (hockey) play. She really enjoyed that.
There is nothing like a bench clearing brawl to turn a girl on ... I like it
__________________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Sabrina's Avatar
Sabrina Sabrina is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: venus
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 12,611
Mein Auto: Broom
How about a nice dinner and a walk on the beach???
__________________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-02-2004, 09:02 PM
'Cane's Avatar
'Cane 'Cane is offline
meroglot
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12,935
Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina
How about a nice dinner and a walk on the beach???

There is a place on Fort Lauderdale Beach called Beach Place. It is an entertainment complex with many shops, restaurants, and clubs. I am leaning towards going there. The beach there is beautiful at night, and the moon is near full. Should be a nice night for a walk!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Sabrina's Avatar
Sabrina Sabrina is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: venus
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 12,611
Mein Auto: Broom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Cane
There is a place on Fort Lauderdale Beach called Beach Place. It is an entertainment complex with many shops, restaurants, and clubs. I am leaning towards going there. The beach there is beautiful at night, and the moon is near full. Should be a nice night for a walk!

That sounds perfect and with the walk on the beach you two could get to know each other better ... away from all the crowds ... Good luck ...

I love young love ....
__________________
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-02-2004, 09:20 PM
ctbmw ctbmw is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CT.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,860
Mein Auto: 1995 318
Dinner/ walk.
I'll pass you a note in study hall!
-Mel
Will we have to be here for proposal too?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-02-2004, 09:32 PM
ObD's Avatar
ObD ObD is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 6,861
Mein Auto: '08 535 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina
How about a nice dinner and a walk on the beach???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Motown328 Motown328 is offline
MotorCityMadman
Location: Motor City
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,095
Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintnight
Do something FUN!!! I took out my current girlfriend to see the Dallas Stars (hockey) play. She really enjoyed that.
EEEEEEEEEEW!!! What are you trying to do?!?! Scare her away?!?!?!

The PERFECT Place for a Date

So you have gone here.....hehehe...
__________________
love my car
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:25 AM
Dr. Phil's Avatar
Dr. Phil Dr. Phil is offline
The Original Dr. Phil
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,975
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Cane
There is a place on Fort Lauderdale Beach called Beach Place. It is an entertainment complex with many shops, restaurants, and clubs. I am leaning towards going there. The beach there is beautiful at night, and the moon is near full. Should be a nice night for a walk!
City Place in West Palm I was just there on Sunday, had a great dinner and did some window shopping
__________________
2012 135 Coupe Alpine/Black; M Sport, Premium 2, 7 sp/dual clutch, HK, Sirius, Apps, Nav, Heated Seats
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:39 AM
·clyde·'s Avatar
·clyde· ·clyde· is offline
OMGWTFBBQ
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,265
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Cane
*Any ideas are welcome *
If you really want something that will be memorable...

Take her to a swingers party.

Take her to visit an old high school buddy who's currently in prison.
__________________
OH NOES!!!!!1 MY CAR HAS T3H UND3R5T33R5555!!!!!!1oneone!!!!11

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:58 AM
wmndriver's Avatar
wmndriver wmndriver is offline
Psych-oh!
Location: Under my desk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,367
Send a message via AIM to wmndriver Send a message via Yahoo to wmndriver
Mein Auto: 07 e92 328XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ·clyde·
If you really want something that will be memorable...

Take her to a swingers party.

Take her to visit an old high school buddy who's currently in prison.

Your wife is one lucky woman, Clyde!
__________________
~~e92 328xi, Barbera/beige, ZPP, ZCW, Navi, Logic 7, iPod, Sirius, Step~~
Read about my Performance Center Experience here.


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:59 AM
'Cane's Avatar
'Cane 'Cane is offline
meroglot
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12,935
Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWeaver
Dinner/ walk.
I'll pass you a note in study hall!
-Mel
Will we have to be here for proposal too?
No, but if your good, I could upload photos of the wedding night.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-03-2004, 06:05 AM
·clyde·'s Avatar
·clyde· ·clyde· is offline
OMGWTFBBQ
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,265
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claresecl
Your wife is one lucky woman, Clyde!
Would you mind stopping by the house when you have a break at work and reminding her of that, please?

__________________
OH NOES!!!!!1 MY CAR HAS T3H UND3R5T33R5555!!!!!!1oneone!!!!11

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-03-2004, 06:16 AM
LmtdSlip's Avatar
LmtdSlip LmtdSlip is offline
Do the interns get Glocks
Location: The Sunshine City
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 9,333
Send a message via AIM to LmtdSlip
Mein Auto: 325iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ·clyde·
If you really want something that will be memorable...

Take her to a swingers party.
Miami Velvet

Playboy says its the best one ever...

__________________


Photobucket
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-03-2004, 07:08 AM
nowonder's Avatar
nowonder nowonder is offline
meh
Location: West Chester, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,945
Mein Auto: Z4
I'm glad to hear your first date on saturday night was good enough to warrent a second. I also had a first date on Saturday... And she turned out to be the dullest person I've ever met! From the first moment she seemed totally disinterested in any conversation.

Guess I made that bad of a first impression.

--nw
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-03-2004, 07:16 AM
Tominizer Tominizer is offline
X-Rated Cannuck
Location: iceland
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 168
Mein Auto: none
Man, do something not too personally intense. One-on-one on the beach and a romantic dinner may be a little "intense" in the early stages. Find something to do that's fun for both. I've been way out of the loop for a while now, but look into something like a place where both of you can go and learn to cook .......... make your own meal and then eat it. I heard someone do that once and it was a great experience. Batting cages........... daytime date............. something casual and laid back. Boating.............. sea-doing, fishing........... amusement park.............. naked mud wrestling...... rock climbing............. some charity work. All good stuff !!! Just make it something where you're sharing time together doing something. Walking on the beach is ghay Then again, I'd die to be on the beach now instead of being surrounded by mountains of snow.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-03-2004, 07:21 AM
'Cane's Avatar
'Cane 'Cane is offline
meroglot
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12,935
Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominizer
Man, do something not too personally intense. One-on-one on the beach and a romantic dinner may be a little "intense" in the early stages. Find something to do that's fun for both. I've been way out of the loop for a while now, but look into something like a place where both of you can go and learn to cook .......... make your own meal and then eat it. I heard someone do that once and it was a great experience. Batting cages........... daytime date............. something casual and laid back. Boating.............. sea-doing, fishing........... amusement park.............. naked mud wrestling...... rock climbing............. some charity work. All good stuff !!! Just make it something where you're sharing time together doing something. Walking on the beach is ghay Then again, I'd die to be on the beach now instead of being surrounded by mountains of snow.
Well, I didn't say it would be a romantic dinner. This place has a Sloppy Joe's, Fat Tuesday, Hooters (not where we'll be going), and some other fun bars. Plus it is right on the strip on Ft Lauderdale beach so there are even more bars to walk around to.

Last edited by 'Cane; 03-03-2004 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-03-2004, 08:11 AM
pintnight's Avatar
pintnight pintnight is offline
Vietato
Location: West of Dallas, East of Ft. Worth
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 22,006
Mein Auto: 2009 Toyota Matrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown328
EEEEEEEEEEW!!! What are you trying to do?!?! Scare her away?!?!?!

The PERFECT Place for a Date

So you have gone here.....hehehe...
EEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!! No this is better!!!

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-03-2004, 08:57 AM
ARCHER ARCHER is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,410
Mein Auto: '98 M3/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claresecl
Your wife is one lucky woman, Clyde!
__________________
'98 M3/4 (manual)
Estoril/black nappa, UUC clutch stop, airbox debaffled, Pilot Sports

’04 Discovery II
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-03-2004, 08:59 AM
LmtdSlip's Avatar
LmtdSlip LmtdSlip is offline
Do the interns get Glocks
Location: The Sunshine City
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 9,333
Send a message via AIM to LmtdSlip
Mein Auto: 325iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Cane
Well, I didn't say it would be a romantic dinner. This place has a Sloppy Joe's, Fat Tuesday, Hooters (not where we'll be going), and some other fun bars. Plus it is right on the strip on Ft Lauderdale beach so there are even more bars to walk around to.
My wife and I stopped there this past summer and found it to be dirty and full of kids. But you cant beat the view of the ocean from Hooters.

Id go to some place on Los Olas Blvd. Lots of nice little clubs and resturants and art galleries. Plenty of choices on Los Olas Blvd

And I dont mean Los Olas Riverfront...Thats only a little better than the place on the beach.
__________________


Photobucket
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
'Cane's Avatar
'Cane 'Cane is offline
meroglot
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12,935
Send a message via AIM to 'Cane
Mein Auto: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmtdSlip
My wife and I stopped there this past summer and found it to be dirty and full of kids. But you cant beat the view of the ocean from Hooters.

Id go to some place on Los Olas Blvd. Lots of nice little clubs and resturants and art galleries. Plenty of choices on Los Olas Blvd

And I dont mean Los Olas Riverfront...Thats only a little better than the place on the beach.

Yeah, maybe. Not a bad idea.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms