Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW Z4 sDrive 23i
Fuel Pump Replaced

The fuel pump was replaced in my z4...it took them 2 days because it was the first time they had done this, and they had to strip the car. But the engine still makes a tapping doing on tickover...any thoughts?
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2011, 02:31 PM

Mein Auto: z4sdrive35i
I did not knew that the fuel pump was an issue in the 23i
Old 04-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Apparently for me anyway..they filled up the tank afterwards (not for free!) and they tested it to see if it would leak as they had taken out the fuel tank during disassembly
Old 05-20-2011, 03:35 PM

Mein Auto: bmw323
Hey Champs .
Im living in Europ and im planning to pull the triger for Z4 2009 , what do you suggest (New or used from the BM agency ) and what im plannin for is 2.5l not more as the benzin in Europe is jumping .
so what kind of problems you are facing guys ?
Thanks
Old 05-25-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagha87 View Post
Hey Champs .
Im living in Europ and im planning to pull the triger for Z4 2009 , what do you suggest (New or used from the BM agency ) and what im plannin for is 2.5l not more as the benzin in Europe is jumping .
so what kind of problems you are facing guys ?
Thanks
Small leak in driver side seals, fuel pump replaced, water in rear lights, awful rattling noises.

I would wait a while, or get a very recent model where hopefully the problems have been sorted out. And get one with sport leather seats with lumbar support, in my opinion you need it. That's what I miss.

The 23i is a great engine and quick, but the new 28i will be worth a look. Alot of people say they won't like it, but I think it will be a cracking engine, very quick and will probably have a good sound as well