Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 PM

Mein Auto: 330I
Issues noticed after delivery

X3 M sport package.

Scratch on inside of windshield.
Touch up paint on ridge of hood. (by the windshield wipers)
Subtle dent in driver side passenger door.
Storage tie downs on channel on passenger side do not slide.
Car pulls to right and needs alignment.
Overspray on bottom door seals on both the passenger and driver side.

After such a long wait I'm bummed.

Car is at dealer to be remedied. (hopefully)
Ads by Google
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: mazdaspeed3
Was this from the factory or a vehicle you bought off the lot?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: 330I
Factory
Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Early build? What is the in service date? The paint problems are a symptom of QC lack IMHO. Hope they fix it right for you!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Big bummer, they are replacing my windshield. I have glue or adhesive they blieve on the inner layer of windshield. Looks like a crack on inner layer to me. Think I would be insisting on a new car, with all those issues, if it came from factory. Sad.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Cool Paint

I took delivery about a month ago and when I got home, i noticed some glue residues. Took it back to the dealer and detail people cleaned, but as I washed it the following weekend, i noticed some paint issues, like a sand grain under the paint, on the hood and other areas of the car. It's hard to detect unless you really look, but its a brand new car and I wouldn't think imperfections, especially from a luxury car manufacturer. for the grain like issues under the paint, i had to wait until a someone from BMW USA visits my dealership so they can see with their own eyes. Kinda bummed.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Poor QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryelex View Post
I took delivery about a month ago and when I got home, i noticed some glue residues. Took it back to the dealer and detail people cleaned, but as I washed it the following weekend, i noticed some paint issues, like a sand grain under the paint, on the hood and other areas of the car. It's hard to detect unless you really look, but its a brand new car and I wouldn't think imperfections, especially from a luxury car manufacturer. for the grain like issues under the paint, i had to wait until a someone from BMW USA visits my dealership so they can see with their own eyes. Kinda bummed.

sound like they damaged in shipping and tried to hide it. Dealer should be held responsible as it is their job to inspect the vehicle to make sure it meets QC.

I am a tough customer so not only would I not budge. They now would need to throw is some extras for the poor QC.

I trust no dealer. When my car goes in the shop I take the service manager, walk around the car, take pics, and make sure he is in one of them.

Very hard to weasel out of things that way if it come back damaged.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 08-14-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 330d xDrive Touring
Defects

X3 MSport 3.0d - defects on delivery - blemishes in paint on edge of drivers door and hood - appear to be small ridges in metal about eighth of inch long - dealer said they would attend to but would require door and hood to be resprayed and could'nt guarantee exact paint match (vermillion red) so I am going to leave. Other problems which have been fixed today - replacement of scratched wood trim around gear lever and new control panel for heater/air conditioning unit as top left hand button for air direction to screen stuck in.
Otherwise very pleased with car particularly acceleration for such a large vehicle - leaves so called sports cars standing!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Early build? What is the in service date? The paint problems are a symptom of QC lack IMHO. Hope they fix it right for you!
What do you expect, is an American car.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Would not be acceptable in an American car either. It has been a long time since that sort of shoddy QC routinely came out of the domestics. More likely the result of a new model car, assembled in a new factory, on a new line, with unfamiliar workers. Never a receipe for great QC and we are seeing the results here on this board. It will take at least a year until they get it "right" IMHO.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:23 AM

Mein Auto: e34 525i
Yea the dealer should through in some extras because they have to do a PID before releasing the car to you. Elvengr I feel taking pictures of everything on the car and the tech working on it is excessive, this is my personal opinion, but any good tech should be using fender covers, seat covers, and clean themselves before they get into the car. If something were to happen the tech should tell u what happened and the dealer should pay for the damage caused. I only say this as a tech myself. I understand not trusting any techs or dealers tho. There are a good bit that can't be trusted.

Sent from my Comet using Bimmer