Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: mazdaspeed3
Dsp? Dct?

I started in the forums a few weeks ago and I can't find the thread regarding a certain performance option that people seemed to have passionate opinions about.

I tried search and reading the first few pages of threads but can't remember what lead to the discussion.

Anyway, I'm taking some time to really research a X3 i35 Mpackage purchase and wanted to read about this feature.

Some people stated they felt it helped handling and acceleration a lot and others thought better off without it.

Sorry for the lame thread. I'll delete after I figure out what it was...
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Is it DHP? The Dynamic Handling Package?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Retired

Mein Auto: 12 z & 09 Accord Coupe
probably - go build one at bmwusa.com - that's has all the options avail at this point

RTOM.....
Old 05-26-2011, 07:24 PM

Yeah that's it... Where can I find more about it aside from google or that small blurb from the build it yourself page?
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
The Dynamic Damper Control is not a unique technology to BMW. A lot of German automakers have this on their upper end cars. Basically it's electronically controlled dampers that can alter the suspension rates to tailor it to driver's preferences and road conditions. Merc has it, Audi has it, Buick/Opel has it, etc.....if you want you could read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_suspension

The Performance Control basically allows the xDrive system in the rear to simulate a differential lock by braking the individual left/right wheels for optimum traction.

The Variable Steering has a different steering gear that turns the wheels more for a given angle the further off-centre you steer. The idea is to allow for greater stability on the highway when steering angles are small, and for greater agility when doing larger steering movements such as tight radius corners and/or parking.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:55 PM

Awesome reply! Thanks! Going to go read on it and opinions of it...
Old 05-27-2011, 05:36 AM

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
homer-

We'll this is definitely the most heated topic on the boards nowadays b/c BMW has done an awful job of providing info around it.

DHP has become very confusing b/c some people believe it does more than it actually can...
There are two things within the X3 that matter for this conversation. (well more than 2 but let's start there)

Driving Dynamic Control
DHP (Dynamic Handling Package) --the name on this one is part of the problem.

Let's start with the easy one... DHP is as AzNM put it, an "active" dampening system in the suspension....no do NOT get this confused with those rocker (normal/sport) switches near the shifter...more on tht later. DHP is a SUB-SYSTEM to driving dynamic control. (more on that too in a bit) DHP's SOLE PURPOSE (and I repeat sole purpose) in life is to provide an ACTIVE suspension setup that basically works to push the tires towards the ground to keep the X3 connected to the road...and it also helps to eliminate body roll by "actively" positioning the car so it's not flopping around all over the place. (this woudl be sport mode) In normal mode it kind does the opposite where its job is to absorb bumps and provide a more relaxed drive.
That's it...nada...nothing more nothing less....DHP is NOT responsible for variable steering and it is NOT responsible for the throttle changes (ie quicker) and it is NOT responsible for performance control.
Performance control is a sub-system to dynamic driving control too (and it can run independent of all of them) Like Az said, performance control works to keep torque towards the rear wheels and it will active look to help break the inside wheel/accelerate the outside wheel in a hard turn. (kinda a poor mans torque vectoring) This is performance control....period.
Now...what do you say is dynamic driving control???? That is the OVERALL system that these things can fall under. (ie the normal/sport rocker switches in the car) Dynamic driving control does all the work globally changing the "PERSONALITY" of the car...those rocker switches are NOT solely included with DHP. How do I know it? I have my X3 and they have the switches and I do not have DHP. Driving dynamics control (DDC) DDC is what puts the car in to "normal/sport/sport+" modes. (DHP DOES NOT DO THIS) WIth a non-dhp X3 you can ONLY get DDC if you buy a 35i with the sport package..that is it! You cannot get DDC on a 28i unless you buy DHP...this is where the confusion comes in and is the reason why everyone is arguing over this...I've personally been involved in like every thread on this topic only b/c I've researched it to the bone and have been trying to provide clarity, although most people want to argue...I'm sticking to the facts though. Anyway...like I said, you cannot get the three modes in a 28i unless you buy DHP...and when you do that this is what happens: In a 28i---add DHP package which in turn----first add DDC---performance control----variable sport steering----DHP. That's it. Now...it gets more confusing in a 35i because if you have a 35i WITHOUT the sport package the car will look identical to a 28i without DHP. Now...when you add the sport package everything changes..this is what happens: Add sport package----DDC is added...DDC on the 35i without DHP also includes modifications for the chassis and steering and throttle...this is what DDC does in a non-DHP car. ..and yes yes yes yes yes it does do the suspension/chassis mods...trust me it does...the idrive screen shows te changes and when you drive the vehicle you can feel it. The difference is this... in a non-dhp X3, the chassis changes are NOT ACTIVE like with DHP....meaning...when I flip into sport mode in my X3, I can feel a stiffer chassis/suspension..but that't is...the car does not actively monitor/adjust the suspension on the fly...it just goes into "stiffer mode". However the throttle response AND steering are also adjusted...I do not however have performance control...and by the way DHP is also referred to as "EDC" or electronic dampening control....just an aside on that. When you go into sport mode you can absolutely feel everything change....and it allows you to configure the chassis and drivetrain independently...I've messed with that and it feels different.

So here's the thing...know what you are getting into b/c some people only want what I have, but think that they only get it with DHP...thus BMW is making extra bucks from confusion (planned maybe?) DHPs dark secret it this... in "normal" mode with DHP, the car rides in "comfort" mode which is DEFINITELY more cushy...it feels more like a lexus (ok not that bad) but not as muich like an X3. In normal mode with non-dhp the car rides in "normal" mode (which is a balanced setup). In sport mode with non-dhp and dph the car rides in sport mode...and again the difference is that sport mode in non-dhp is just a firmer switch that turns on whereas in dhp cars the x3 is activing monitoring/changing the setup PER WHEEL to provide the associated feel....again that's PER WHEEL in each mode...
Sport + is basically where you are wanting to go around a track and you want the stability control systems turned off so you have more driver control (ie you want drifting).

So again know what you are getting into b/c it is an expensive package and if all you want are mods to the feel, then a 35i with SAP does it...if you want the more active suspension then DHP in either car will do it.

Now those are the facts and now I'll give you my opinion. First drive both...and drive them extensively...it will be hard to find a DHP car but drive it...I'm serious. I drove both for a decent amount of time and you'll never know what you want personaly by reading the boards. And ask GlenE (on this thread) He drove both for several thousand miles and has more hands on experiance than all of us. If you have the money and don't car, get DHP..it is a VERY COOL system and if it's there why not. However....if money is tight then do more research although everything I posed is 100% accurate. In my opinion, if you really really really want a super handling and agressive setup and plan on driving it that way, #1 remember it's an SUV and NOTHING that any system will do is gonna make this feel like a 3 series. My X3 handles VERY GOOD but it's not a sedan...just a fact. If you tell me that you drive like a ralley star and need these systems, but you order your tires and wheels with all season tires and not performance tires, I'll say you are wasting your money. I'd argue that a non-dhp x3 with performance tires will handle better than a dhp x3 with all seasons...I know you have to balance everything but I've seen people make the argument that they drive super super agressive, and then their X3 has all-seasons.....and this really applies to sport+ mode b/c if you are going to do stuff like drifting etc, all seasons will break free and you'll be wrapped around a tree. I also have an STI which handles better on 2 wheels than an X3 on all 4, however if I put all seasons on it I'd be around a tree too. (maybe)

I hope this helps and doesn't cause another contentious thread b/c I can't argue this point any more...it's allllllllll over every board. I'm also including a few links to back up what I'm saying for you....

Also...last thing... .I'm attaching the actual owners manual for the X3...like the document that legally represents our vehicles...like the document that hast to accurate or else they are legally on the hook...please go to pages 88 and 89 for some language also supporting what I'm saying.... and you'll also see in there that the suspension mods do also apply to non-dhp cars.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513681

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...4&d=1304371793

Last edited by mole7374; 05-27-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Retired

wow, mole! - a great response and kudos for over and above!

I agree BMW has not done a truly great job of explaining all that DHP does, and I won't elaborate as you have said it all. I'll just give you my impression after 4500 miles on the X3 Difference Tour, as I was team leader for the company that BMW hired to run the event.. Interchangeably, I drove a 2.8 and 3.5 from Pensacola to Kalamazoo, Mich. I consider myself to be a car enthusiast but not a hard core track guy. "Trailing throttle oversteer" is not something I mutter too often, although I did just coil over my Accord. The two guys that worked for me, Brian and Geoff, also drove them but Geoff like the stereo in the Lexus so he stayed with that truck. Brian and I switched off between the 2.8 and the 3.5 . We drove about 200 miles every other day, and debriefed at breakfast. We both felt the same about DHP: it was a subtle change for our experience. Yes, you definitely could feel it , especially as you rowed back and forth betwween the 3 settings. Bit at the end of the day, we left it in normal and liked the ride. Near Pittsburgh, we ran into really bad snow and there again, we could not feel a lot of difference when the going got rough.

That being said, if you are a truly hard core gear head like many here, I'm sure you will feel a lot more difference. As like so many other things that are quality, appreciation is in the eye of the beholder. I finished the tour in March and immediately came home and ordered a truck for my wife theu BMW corporate, with virtually everything, except DHP, as it would totally be lost on her. And certainly the suggestion here is go drive it if you can find one, dealers in general will not order it for their stock demos as the install rate is pretty low.If the buying public is given a choice between Nav or Apps and DHP, the gadget options win every time.

Our "fleet" at the beginning in Pensacola: BTW, 4500 miles on all the trucks and not a single problem on any of them.

RTOM.....

Last edited by Glen E; 05-27-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi, 2006 X3 (wife
mole7374, Glen E,

Appreciate the detailed information. Am I understanding one of the aspects correctly with the following?

- If an X3 35i has the Sport Activity Package, but not DHP, then when you put it in sport mode the suspension gets stiffer but is not adaptive.

If that is correct, is it just dialing in a fixed amount of stiffer damping as I don't think it can adjust the spring rates?

Second question- does DHP provide a capability analogous to ARS (Active Roll Stabilization?) on a RWD E60 5 series with sports package?

Thanks
Bruce

Last edited by BruceOmega; 05-27-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceOmega View Post
mole7374, Glen E,

Appreciate the detailed information. Am I understanding one of the aspects correctly with the following?

- If an X3 35i has the Sport Activity Package, but not DHP, then when you put it in sport mode the suspension gets stiffer but is not adaptive.

If that is correct, is it just dialing in a fixed amount of stiffer damping as I don't think it can adjust the spring rates?

Second question- does DHP provide a capability analogous to ARS (Active Roll Stabilization?) on a RWD E60 5 series with sports package?

Thanks
Bruce
Bruce -
To answer your questions:
Yes you are spot on with the first one: If an X3 35i has the Sport Activity Package, but not DHP, then when you put it in sport mode the suspension gets stiffer but is not adaptive. That is exactcly correct....I've been driving mind and it absolutely does...it's pretty cool actually...actually more than pretty cool...

To your second one: If that is correct, is it just dialing in a fixed amount of stiffer damping as I don't think it can adjust the spring rates? Yes exactly correct again....it's basically an on / off switch with the "on" and "off" being set values...not adjustable and not adaptive.

To your third: does DHP provide a capability analogous to ARS (Active Roll Stabilization?) on a RWD E60 5 series with sports package? I believe the answer to this is no.....however I'm only 95% sure so maybe someone else can validate. ARS is another system all together.

The thing to remember though is that in ANY BMW vehicle, once you have DDC these add on systems all work together being controlled via software in the car.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 PM

Mole,

Thanks for the time and effort you put into that reply - that was really above and beyond my expectations.

Just finding an x3 with sport package is difficult in my area (Baltimore dealers mostly have only 28i nonsports) more or less have dhp/nondhp to try out.

I'm a [safe] but very spirited driver. I used to have a 2003 330zhp that I absoletly love to drive. My currently mazdaspeed3 is fast and handles ok but weights distributed poorly and torque steer painful. The x3 for me will be my daily driver/40mi commuter and fall/winter car until next summer when I'll have to pick from 135/335/1m (new jobs are great). So I want something sporty as possible, snow trekking monster, good gas mileage and comfortable on highway. I have realistic expectations for performance I think.

I think my concern (and question to you) is with the dhp will it give me a consistent feel on consistent roads/road conditions? Will my feel/dynamic setup change from day to day even though the onramp to home has not? I do tend to push things to the edge and from what I'm reading dhp potentially moves that edge further or closer depending on the input it gets?

Thanks again so much!

HJS
Old 05-28-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0mersimps0n View Post
Mole,

Thanks for the time and effort you put into that reply - that was really above and beyond my expectations.

Just finding an x3 with sport package is difficult in my area (Baltimore dealers mostly have only 28i nonsports) more or less have dhp/nondhp to try out.

I'm a [safe] but very spirited driver. I used to have a 2003 330zhp that I absoletly love to drive. My currently mazdaspeed3 is fast and handles ok but weights distributed poorly and torque steer painful. The x3 for me will be my daily driver/40mi commuter and fall/winter car until next summer when I'll have to pick from 135/335/1m (new jobs are great). So I want something sporty as possible, snow trekking monster, good gas mileage and comfortable on highway. I have realistic expectations for performance I think.

I think my concern (and question to you) is with the dhp will it give me a consistent feel on consistent roads/road conditions? Will my feel/dynamic setup change from day to day even though the onramp to home has not? I do tend to push things to the edge and from what I'm reading dhp potentially moves that edge further or closer depending on the input it gets?

Thanks again so much!

HJS
HJS -
No problem at all...glad to help...after all that's what we're all here for.. Anyway, I think we need to split your topic above into two pieces....one is around driving "spirited" and the other around "evening things out".

First I'll say this....since now we're getting into opinion mode, everything I'm expressing from now on is my own point of view and not objective facts...since we're past defining what DHP/DDC/ etc (lol) are, this topic always moves into opinion mode...however some like to state opinion as fact, I state my opinion as opinion. Ok so for a point of reference I'll tell you about me so you can see where I'm coming from. My X3 is my daily driver...I live in northern NJ which has lots of traffic like you in MD, however I live in an area where when it's not rush hour I have fun. (somewhat) I commute however all over the place as my job as me on the road. When I'm not stuck in traffic and in situations where I'm "free" I like to push the X for sure. However..."pushing" for most people becomes spirited based on your vantage point. Example...if I take the on ramp by my house normally at 40-45, whereas most people may take at 30-35.. and then the next day my wife is in the X and I take it 60-65 my wife yells "slow down you are pushing it". However...I have a Subaru STI and I can take said on ramp at 80 in my STI...which is pushing it? Which would most people be willing to do and would they consider normal vs pushing (for the sake of thrill vs fear)...which is each car capable of...and honestly which is frankly just stupid from a daily draiving/normal road perspective? Meaning...am I really going to go 60 on streets near a residential are and risk plowing into a child....no effin way. Do I worry about cops and the B roads near my house...definitely (although I have a get out of jail free card) and do I worry about plowing into a deer on a B road and having it end up replacing me in the drivers seat after it comes through the windshield...you better believe it. All individual (and legal) questions. There are lots of enthusiast drivers on here, but in my opinion very few people can overpower (from a drivers perspective) an SUV like this on most of the normal roads we are on...I mean there comes a point where everyone slows down for fear of a cop, deer, or whatever in the road. To me that devalues DHP b/c it basically puts a cap on the kind of driving we can do on our daily roads. For every normal day commuting (yes even spirited commuting) I see DHP as having very little effect on what we experience...with some exceptions. There will be some though...example...in normal mode (actually comfort mode in DHP) the EDC will absolutely smooth out very rough roads a bit better...reason being is that the system will tell the rear wheels to handle a bump/pothole different than the front thus creating a better ride. (yes for real...even at highway speed). Now in sport/sport+ modes, yes yes yes DHP can add some benefit b/c it will "work" the suspension as you as the driver "work" the road...however again.....in my above example if you are going to be happy with 50 or 60 on that on ramp, I'll say non-dhp cars will do it fine. Here's the difference though in that my non-dhp car will not "dynamically" have the ability to adjust the car to that ramp and my feel will varry...why....a dhp X3 will take into account steering (meaning angle/ratio etc) how the car feels in the turn (angle of approach) and of course speed. The DHP car will modify the setup of the suspension to give you as the driver the optimal suspension setup for each instance of you taking that turn...some days the outside wheels may be stiffer than others...the steering looser etc...you get my point...whereas in my X3 the car is either off/on based on the mode I'm in. Now all of the above is great...but here is where it becomes the "should I buy it moment". In order for me to really have wanted to buy DHP, I would need to be trying to take that on ramp at 80 like I do in my STI...and am I ever ging to try that?... no. (ok maybe once ) The point is this...I have driven and when I really want to drive my STI around a track...with zero limitations....no cops, no deer, no hazards...and I can tell you that the experience you get in that situation is WAAAAAAY different b/c you in your mind are not focused on the fear of the unknown (is there a cop/deer/kid around the corner) All you see is the pavement and you drop the hammer. In THAT situation, I'd love to have DHP b/c I firmly believe that DHP will allow me to take the X3 through turns more quickly...I will admit that for sure...no question. However what i'll say is that most people will not be willing to and not able to in most situations push the X3 past the point of where it changes what the driver is capable of technically. Will it make certain situations more fun.....I'm sure...there are plenty of B roads in western MD and if you are driving them hard I think DHP will be a lot of run for sure.

Now here is the moment of truth? If I were you I'd ask me.. "Ok Dave...you obviously love to drive...you have an ultimate driver car in an STI that has a way more advanced AWD system than X-Drive and you appreciate that...you will use the X3 as your daily driver and logic would say that you of all people would see the value in DHP and maybe miss out by not having it b/c you'd be able to see the difference more than others based on your driving experiences....WHY THE HECK THEN would you not buy DHP?????????" Simple answer....I had enough built into the car with enough cost and I just had to stop..it really is as simple as that!! If I did not in any way car about how much it costed and I was just going to write a check for what I wanted regardless of cost I would have definitely definitely added DHP....no question. Yes I know that once you hit 50K what's another $1400 right?...well that's the beauty of a BMW...there is ALWAYS another $1400 to spend somewhere...always always...and I just hit the breaks. That being said I have no reqrets at all...none zero! HOWEVER....I will say that having the DDC (the driving modes) for me is a must...being able to change the dynamics of the car is freekin awesome...it's just so cool and definitely makes things so much fun...sport mode is VERY fun. Now if you do not want the 35i then you have to get DHP b/c you won't get the modes otherwise....the question comes into play if you are buying the 35i (which I think you are)...b/c if you get the sport package (which to me is worth it just for the seats alone) then you get DDC so you'll have the modes....then you ask yourself......"man am I really dropping another $1400 just to have some performance tweaks I may never use or only enjoy 10% of the time". To me the answer stuck out and it was no...I put the breaks. So if you NEVER get to test drive one, I'd lay out a cost/value equation and say to yourself, "do I care about the money". If yes really try and test drive one....if you can't then I'm not sure what to say b/c that goes past my opinion and into yours!!! THat help?
Old 05-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Mole,

Holy cow!! Great reply! Thanks again!

That pretty much answers my question.

The STI is definitely a sick little car.

Will post when I place my order and eventually pics when it arrives.

Next is deciding colors- oye.

Thanks so much!

HJS
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Mole, thanks for the reply.

I am about to purchase an X3 35i M-Sport and are not sure if it includes the DDC. I don't think I need the DHP, but do want the ability to put it in SPORT mode etc...
Since the M-Sport package and the regular sport package are mutually exclusive, does anyone know if the M-Sport package includes the DDC?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-28-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protofan View Post
Mole, thanks for the reply.

I am about to purchase an X3 35i M-Sport and are not sure if it includes the DDC. I don't think I need the DHP, but do want the ability to put it in SPORT mode etc...
Since the M-Sport package and the regular sport package are mutually exclusive, does anyone know if the M-Sport package includes the DDC?

Thanks,
Mike
yes it does. 35i with SAP or M-sport has DDC, thus has the sport/normal mode options
Old 05-29-2011, 12:18 PM

We finally had a chance to test-drive a new 35i yesterday. My wife and I were very impressed and may not be able to resist ordering one!

We also saw Mineral Silver in person. Its a very interesting color and the descriptions provided by others were spot on, although I would comment you have to see it in person to get a true sense of its appearance.

I've been expanding my base of reading for the case of a 35i equipped with Sport Activity Package but not DHP. I appreciate the efforts (and passion) of those trying to decipher the limited information from BMW on whether the suspension itself is adjusted when Sport mode is engaged.

From what I have been reading, there is not a consensus on this. Am seeing opinions both ways. I am going to declare myself thoroughly confused until either BMW provides an official explanation, or owners post pictures of the suspension and dampers for SAP equipped vehicles for both cases- with and without DHP.

I don't know if you can draw any parallels from the F10, but this question was much discussed when I was closely tracking the new 5 series threads. The last I remember, the majority opinion seemed to be leaning to no suspension adjustment unless the car had DHP.

Thanks
Bruce

Last edited by BruceOmega; 05-29-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
We finally had a chance to test-drive a new 35i yesterday. My wife and I were very impressed and may not be able to resist ordering one!

We also saw Mineral Silver in person. Its a very interesting color and the descriptions provided by others were spot on, although I would comment you have to see it in person to get a true sense of its appearance.

I've been expanding my base of reading for the case of a 35i equipped with Sport Activity Package but not DHP. I appreciate the efforts (and passion) of those trying to decipher the limited information from BMW on whether the suspension itself is adjusted when Sport mode is engaged.

From what I have been reading, there is not a consensus on this. Am seeing opinions both ways. I am going to declare myself thoroughly confused until either BMW provides an official explanation, or owners post pictures of the suspension and dampers for SAP equipped vehicles for both cases- with and without DHP.

I don't know if you can draw any parallels from the F10, but this question was much discussed when I was closely tracking the new 5 series threads. The last I remember, the majority opinion seemed to be leaning to no suspension adjustment unless the car had DHP.

Thanks
Bruce
If you read Mole's post EVERYTHING in it is spot on. There is nothing to be confused about. If you get a 35i with the sport activity package, you will have the ability to make your suspension stiffer as well as your steering. End of story!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
If you read Mole's post EVERYTHING in it is spot on. There is nothing to be confused about. If you get a 35i with the sport activity package, you will have the ability to make your suspension stiffer as well as your steering. End of story!
I have read posts by others that offer a differing opinion. Not claiming I know the answer myself, or that those others are correct, just that not everyone agrees.

Do you happen to know how they make the suspension firmer with SAP in Sport mode but without DHP? Only thing I can think of is adjustable dampers. If so, are they the same dampers as DHP but only used with two settings (normal and firm)? Are they a simplified version of the ones with DHP? Other?

If we had pictures, we could see whether the dampers do or do not have the control lines needed for them to be adjustable.

Thanks
Bruce
Old 05-29-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:

Thanks
Bruce
Hey Bruce -
On the Mineral silver....yes you are correct 100%..you have to see the color in person to appreciate it...when I saw one in the show room I knew immediately it was my color, and then when I saw pics online i was like "what the heck is that"..then when I picked my X up I was like 'yea that's it'...it's jsut one of those colors you can't capture on a digital picture.

On the 35i with SAP......please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not even discussing this point any more.....I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I'm so sure I'm correct that I'm not even going to entertain a conversation about this topic any more....when others finally figure out that the 35i with SAP adjusts the suspension I'll wait for the posts or PMs that say "oh thanks Dave...we should have listened to you 2 months ago". Sorry I'm totaly not obnoxious like that, but this topic is just over debated I'm I'm right and the others who have the same experience as me are right. I have my X3 and am driving it and can feel it...period...end of story, nada...end of discussion...any folks who are speaking from the text book can kiss my @ss b/c I have my X and can experience it first hand..so does want the thrill...in fact we have the exact same car (pretty much) and we experience the same thing. And in fact...I'll RE-POST the owners manual...like the actual document that we recieve with our vehicles...like the one that we are supposed to follow....OBVIOUSLY NOBODY IS READING WHAT I AM ASKING THEM TO READ>>OR OBVIOUSLY NOBODY BELIEVES WHAT THE FREEKIN OWNERS MANUAL SAYS... PLEASE READ PAGES 88 and 89...IF YOU DON"T BELIEVE ME PLEASE BELIEVE THE ACTUAL FREEKIN OWNERS MANUAL...IT FREEKIN SAYS IT RIGHT THERE!!

Sorry...I'm a bit short on patience on this topic. ANd oh yea... MY FREEKIN I DRIVE SHOWS SUSPENSION ADJUSTMENTS>>>>WHY WOULD IT SHOW IT IF IT WASN'T THERE AND IN THE OWNERS MANUAL....
but I digress... let's net this out... what I posted is correct until the actual freekin guy who designed this sh*t says I'm wrong...but since the actual owners manual (ie the bible of our X3) says what i am saying, I'll just maintain that what I posted is the gospel.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
hey bruce -
on the mineral silver....yes you are correct 100%..you have to see the color in person to appreciate it...when i saw one in the show room i knew immediately it was my color, and then when i saw pics online i was like "what the heck is that"..then when i picked my x up i was like 'yea that's it'...it's jsut one of those colors you can't capture on a digital picture.

On the 35i with sap......please don't take this the wrong way, but i'm not even discussing this point any more.....i don't want this to come off the wrong way, but i'm so sure i'm correct that i'm not even going to entertain a conversation about this topic any more....when others finally figure out that the 35i with sap adjusts the suspension i'll wait for the posts or pms that say "oh thanks dave...we should have listened to you 2 months ago". Sorry i'm totaly not obnoxious like that, but this topic is just over debated i'm i'm right and the others who have the same experience as me are right. I have my x3 and am driving it and can feel it...period...end of story, nada...end of discussion...any folks who are speaking from the text book can kiss my @ss b/c i have my x and can experience it first hand..so does want the thrill...in fact we have the exact same car (pretty much) and we experience the same thing. And in fact...i'll re-post the owners manual...like the actual document that we recieve with our vehicles...like the one that we are supposed to follow....obviously nobody is reading what i am asking them to read>>or obviously nobody believes what the freekin owners manual says... Please read pages 88 and 89...if you don"t believe me please believe the actual freekin owners manual...it freekin says it right there!!

sorry...i'm a bit short on patience on this topic. And oh yea... My freekin i drive shows suspension adjustments>>>>why would it show it if it wasn't there and in the owners manual....
But i digress... Let's net this out... What i posted is correct until the actual freekin guy who designed this sh*t says i'm wrong...but since the actual owners manual (ie the bible of our x3) says what i am saying, i'll just maintain that what i posted is the gospel.
+1 Amen!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:04 PM

Mole- you da man - I believe you!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Retired

Mole...2 deep breaths...or your wife's Xanex....but man do I understand your frustration...you have a PM.....

RTOM.....
Old 05-30-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen E View Post
Mole...2 deep breaths...or your wife's Xanex....but man do I understand your frustration...you have a PM.....
LMAO!!! Sorry guys....definitely not targeted at anyone here so please don't take it like that! And Glen you've seen (and been on) some of the other threads on this topic so you know how extensively I and others have discussed it. I was hoping as the months go on and more people get their X3s and info from BMW becomes more available, that the debate would go away but I think it's getting discussed even more...hence the frustration....so again sorry for the edge but my goal is to help people make good choices with (as best as possible) accurate answers....homer none of that was towards you bro...

Special thanks to BMW for thoroughly allowing this to happen too...and it's sad b/c I feel like the public may be making incorrect choices based upon bad info (example...someone buying DHP b/c they think DHP is only want to get mods, or not buying DHP b/c they don't fully understand what it does). I do NOT though in any way believe that BMW is doing this on purpose...that's just silly to believe that....they sell great vehicles and don't need confusion over a $1400 option to create profit..I just think that they sometimes put out language/decriptions that are confusing....but hey that's why we have each other right? Anyway.....hey even if we help one out of every few people we're doing our jobs here on this board! And BTW I forgot to attach the manual...check it out. Pages 88 & 89

Last edited by mole7374; 05-30-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 AM

Mein Auto: '11 X3
Just to be sure here, (not to create any more frustration). Would a 28i with sport package have the sport mode? Or do you need to get the DHP for that?
Old 05-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Retired

The sport activity pkg on a 2.8 gives you just the reg tranny with DS.....NO normal/sport button.....

RTOM.....

Last edited by Glen E; 05-30-2011 at 12:12 PM.