Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 02-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
BMW Welt has record year for 2013

bmw welt record year

With a record 2.93 million visitors in 2013, BMW Welt welcomed more guests last year than ever before. Since opening in October 2007, BMW Welt has rapidly become a tourist magnet and Bavaria's top attraction. The BMW Welt Event Forum and Automobile Delivery also reported their best year so far. Their success was crowned with a number of prestigious awards: BMW Welt was named Germany's best design location at the 2013 Location Awards, while master chef Bobby Bräuer and his team earned a Michelin star and 18 points in the Gault Millau guide for the fine-dining restaurant "EssZimmer".

"2013 was a year of new records, premieres and unique exhibitions for BMW Welt. Our expanded brand worlds, new and established event formats and gourmet restaurant "EssZimmer" delighted more guests than ever. And again, this year, visitors from around the world can expect to enjoy unique and fascinating experiences at BMW Welt," according to Thomas Muderlak, head of BMW Welt.

The 2.93 million BMW Welt visitors represent an increase of almost 20 per cent over the previous year (2012: 2.45 million visitors): Around 60 per cent came from Germany, with the remainder from all over the world – especially the U.S., Russia and Asia, and the neighbouring countries of Austria and Italy. Almost 40 per cent of guests have visited BMW Welt more than once. In total, more than 14 million people have visited BMW Welt since it opened in 2007.

100,000 vehicle deliveries
Customers come to BMW Welt from all over the world to take delivery of their new car. A total of 21,500 BMW drivers – the highest number ever – collected their vehicles in 2013. Almost 3,000 of them had already done so before. Around ten per cent of those collecting their cars came from the U.S. In addition to these record numbers, there were two further causes for celebration in 2013: In July 2013, BMW Welt welcomed the 100,000th driver to collect their vehicle since opening in 2007; and in November, the first pure electric BMW i3 models were handed over to customers. A number of celebrities, including TV presenter Thomas Gottschalk and opera singer Eva Lind, also came to BMW Welt to collect their new car in person.

BMW welt European delivery

Varied event programme and celebrity guests
More than 40 brand events, international stars and a varied family programme brought visitors to BMW Welt in 2013. The BMW Welt Jazz Award celebrated its fifth anniversary and entertained guests with several matinee performances and a grand finale. At the Munich Crime Fiction Festival, TV actress Andrea Sawatzki made her crime fiction debut and best-selling Norwegian author Jo Nesbø presented his latest novel. In June, double Grammy award winner Frank Ocean launched his world tour at BMW Welt and "The Overtones" opened Munich's "Long Night of Music" to a crowd of around 1,500 visitors. The "MINI Club Series – Good To See You" welcomed renowned DJs from the national and international clubbing scene, including Danish DJ and producer Trentemoller and techno legend Westbam. The busiest weekend of the year was the "Two-wheeler days" with 35,000 guests in July. The year also came to a colourful close with the "Night of Colours", the spectacular New Year's Eve party for around 3,000 guests.

Exclusive event location
The BMW Welt Event Forum also set a new record of more than 48,000 guests and 444 external events: among them, the twelfth Bavarian Sports' Award; presentation of the Munich Film Festival's CineMerit Award; the high-profile gala evening for the Eckart Witzigmann award; and the International Cardiology Congress. BMW Welt not only consolidated its position as an exclusive event location among its many event customers, but also impressed the jury in the "design location" category of the 2013 Location Awards as best event venue in Germany.

Awards for "EssZimmer"
BMW Welt and its gastronomy partner Feinkost Käfer opened the "EssZimmer" gourmet restaurant in spring 2013. Just eight months later, Bobby Bräuer and his team earned a Michelin star and 18 Gault Millau points. The renowned guide described "Esszimmer" as "the newest, most spectacular gourmet restaurant" in the Bavarian capital and Bobby Bräuer as a "godsend for the local gourmet community". The top chef was also named "Rising star of the year" in the Aral Schlemmeratlas restaurant guide. "EssZimmer" has quickly established itself as one of Munich's top gourmet dining addresses. The "Bavarie" restaurant was also included in the Gault Millau guide with 14 points.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P90073680-highRes.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	420954   Click image for larger version

Name:	P90118717-highRes.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	420955   Click image for larger version

Name:	P90129376-highRes.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	420956   Click image for larger version

Name:	P90138731-highRes.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	420957   Click image for larger version

Name:	P90139535-highRes.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	420958  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P90142973-highRes.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	420959   Click image for larger version

Name:	P90142974-highRes.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	420960  

Last edited by tim330i; 02-05-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Only 10% of the 21,500 deliveries were for US customers. I thought it was more than that.
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 02-06-2014, 05:13 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Most customers are local. When I was there I was the only US customer shown on the screen.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Mein Auto: 435i vert ED July 2014
There is no question that the Welt experience is outstanding and that the program is a success. What I find surprising with the European Delivery program and the Welt in place is that it is not more advertised by US dealerships. Not all would be working on a $500-$1,000 over invoice margin. Quite to the contrary, given the built-in 7% savings, I would imagine that selling prices close to ED MSRP should be easily achievable. There would certainly be a boost in sales with no mind to allocations and it simply would be money in the bank to any dealership regardless of invoice markup.

The three (two rather large) BMW dealerships in the Fort Lauderdale/Broward County area that are local to me don't have CAs experienced with European Delivery. I believe there is or was a fellow in Miami but I don't know if still active. And of course there is John Weltzien* at Braman BMW in Palm Beach who is also a Bimmerfest Sponsor and with whom I just purchased a car for ED with delivery at the Welt this summer. Given the strong and affluent South Florida customer base, people who could easily travel to Europe to take advantage of European Delivery, why are these dealerships not pursuing the Welt experience further? If I were GM, I would have at least one CA versed in the process.

* BMW Welt - John Weltzien: Coincidence?

F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off

ED 2014: Click here to view ED report | ED 2008: Click here to view ED report | PCD Re-Delivery: Click here for PCD Report

RETIRED: 2008 E92 335i Coupé | BMWCCA Nº. 383753
Old 02-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Novice driver

Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Tom View Post
Only 10% of the 21,500 deliveries were for US customers. I thought it was more than that.
That's still over 2,000 Americans who visited BMW Welt for their automobile delivery last year (probably way more than that, if accompanying spouses and children are included). Very impressive!

I met five other American customers doing BMW European Delivery on the day BMW presented a lovely 320i to me (26 August 2013)

Last edited by gkr778; 02-06-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
South Florida dealers are not interested at all in any experience, they want you to buy the car in their lot that they want at the price that they tell you and that's it. If you dare to deal they start complaining of how little money they are making in your "deal" -although you just brought $2500 in BMWNA incentives with you.

The reality is that there are too many rich people in South Florida that are not interested at all in the European Delivery. They do not fathom getting a car in another country and then wait to get it delivered. They just want to pay whatever and be done with it right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJAPoc View Post
why are these dealerships not pursuing the Welt experience further?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
South Florida dealers are not interested at all in any experience, they want you to buy the car in their lot that they want at the price that they tell you and that's it. If you dare to deal they start complaining of how little money they are making in your "deal" -although you just brought $2500 in BMWNA incentives with you.

The reality is that there are too many rich people in South Florida that are not interested at all in the European Delivery. They do not fathom getting a car in another country and then wait to get it delivered. They just want to pay whatever and be done with it right there.

I stopped at a BMW Dealership in south Orlando, about six month's prior to buying mine. I told the sales guy that I just wanted to glance at BMW convertibles, didn't want to drive one, but look inside it. And I told him that I wanted to do a European Delivery -- did they do those?

He spewed out a three minute long rant that railed against why the ED was awful, terrible, and equated it with the apocalypse. I was not deterred, by a co-worked had done his ED about six months previously, and I was somewhat educated about. Anyhow, I later spoke to Adrian and, ta-dah, got my car via ED.

But wow, that sales associate had nothing but venom for the ED programme.

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Metallic Blue
EuroDeliv: 18 January 2012. Re-delivery: 16 March 2012 at PC/Spartanburg

European Delivery #02 Story August 2014:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=785462

European Delivery #01 Story January 2012:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=594318

Performance Centre #01 Re-Delivery March 2012:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=604529
Old 02-06-2014, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
What is this?

"Awards for "EssZimmer""

That's not the "cafeteria" in the Welt, right? Has anyone eaten there?

First I'd heard of it.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
European Delivery, Individual and stand-alone option ordering have been available in the USA for as long as I remember. But any time that I mention either to a salesperson is like I am talking about the Devil. No, no, no, no... that's the only thing that I get as a answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcvey View Post
I stopped at a BMW Dealership in south Orlando, about six month's prior to buying mine. I told the sales guy that I just wanted to glance at BMW convertibles, didn't want to drive one, but look inside it. And I told him that I wanted to do a European Delivery -- did they do those?

He spewed out a three minute long rant that railed against why the ED was awful, terrible, and equated it with the apocalypse. I was not deterred, by a co-worked had done his ED about six months previously, and I was somewhat educated about. Anyhow, I later spoke to Adrian and, ta-dah, got my car via ED.

But wow, that sales associate had nothing but venom for the ED programme.

- V

Old 02-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Novice driver

Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
European Delivery, Individual and stand-alone option ordering have been available in the USA for as long as I remember. But any time that I mention either to a salesperson is like I am talking about the Devil. No, no, no, no... that's the only thing that I get as a answer.
Thank goodness for CAs at Bimmerfest sponsors (and former Bimmerfest sponsors) that actually get it when it comes to European Delivery!

It is a shame that some CAs misrepresent two of the most compelling reasons to purchase a new BMW automobile, namely, BMW NA's European Delivery Program and the ability to order a vehicle in accordance with a customer's tastes.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Mein Auto: 435i vert ED July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
Thank goodness for CAs at Bimmerfest sponsors (and former Bimmerfest sponsors) that actually get it when it comes to European Delivery!

It is a shame that some CAs misrepresent two of the most compelling reasons to purchase a new BMW automobile, namely, BMW NA's European Delivery Program and the ability to order a vehicle in accordance with a customer's tastes.
+1

F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off

ED 2014: Click here to view ED report | ED 2008: Click here to view ED report | PCD Re-Delivery: Click here for PCD Report

RETIRED: 2008 E92 335i Coupé | BMWCCA Nº. 383753
Old 02-07-2014, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
ED is so great? Nonsense, if it was truly great, everybody would do it. Right?

Yes, sarcasm. I just cannot miss the opportunity to point and prove how little should be left to majority to decide Or, better, to uninformed majority - even though "informed majority" smells like an oxymoron more than "handling like a boat BMW".

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .
Old 02-07-2014, 07:28 PM

Mein Auto: '14 435XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJAPoc View Post
+1
+2

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

April 21, 2008 ED Pickup E92 335XI TiAg with Coral Red and Alum Trim
Redelivered - May 30, 2008 Retired
Currently Driving '11 E92 same setup like '08
On Oct, 21 2013 ED Pickup F32 435 x-Drive M-Sport Black with Coral Red
Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 Saloon
Very cool!! Hope to do it again someday with my boys.

ED - 5.14.10
ED Drop off - 5.22.10
Car arrived in Brunswick, GA - 6.21.10
Released from Customs - 6.25.10
PCD Redelivery - 7.12.10

Picking up the car at the Welt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Ulzi58u6I
My 140MPH A92 run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRej5VEQpmc

ED May 14, 2010