Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1994 BMW 540I
Took a few pictures today for the craigslist posting...

Old 06-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Lucky to drive a BMW

Mein Auto: 2006 M5///
Nice pics of the Bimmer you will miss her. I hope you get close to what she worth to you. Who knows you might cross the paths of another newer sexy BMW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	281353  
Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 AM

To be 100% honest, I do find myself browsing through the 2001 740I's and E39 M5's after a while. But in the future I will get back behind the wheel of another BMW.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: 525i, Corvette, 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
The truck is nice. BMW is still the Ultimate Driving Experiance . The main point is with us e34 owners is We dont want payments for the rest of our lives.We would rather invest into the car and maintain Its tradition of Respect and power in a compact,sexy,fast and comfortable to drive sports car.
If I may chime in here,
The way I see it, you either have the capability of working on these cars yourself or you make enough $$$ to have someone work on it.
Yes it will cost to own a newer vehicle such as the truck you mentioned and by that I mean higher insurance, registration fees, taxes, depreciation and of course interest if you finance it but that's the coat of a newer vehicle.

It looks like you'd be better off selling your BMW and purchasing the truck. Post it on the forum, someone who knows these cars inside and out might buy it. Good luck on your decision, whichever it may be.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 PM

Mmmkay... Here's the deal meow.

The BMW accumulated a hiccup with the transmission and I was forced to edit the CL posting reflecting it. Alot of people got skeptical but I had a steady flow of people emailing me about it and had several people look at it. One guy even paid to have a shop do an inspection on it... The results were not good, and again I had to re-word the CL posting. As it stands I have 4 emails in my inbox for the car but I will probably not respond to them. I know it would sell if I kept up with my patience by the amount of people interested in it.

But... I had a falling out with someone who was very close to me who also had the same kind of truck I was looking to buy. I don't want to get into details but we were very close and it didn't end well and will not go back to the way things were before... I decided against getting said pick up truck. I'm going to fix the E34 (shop gave me a list... Shocks are leaking, differential is leaking, transmission is leaking, transmission has 4 bad sensors, transmission itself might be bad, leaks oil and has a small coolant leak [oddly enough when parked nothing drips out onto the floor])... And hope that nothing else breaks at least for another 9 months. Also want to find another set of M-Pars... I miss them

Maybe putting on a set of wheels might re-motivate me in keeping the POS.

Last edited by BamBamE34; 07-08-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: none
Thats a beautiful car..

Last edited by tommytwotone34; 07-10-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:43 AM

Mein Auto: none
I understand your point of view as far as owning something new and also needing a truck however would like to shed a little light on the comment that toyota's hold there value and would like to respond. The simple fact that my mother owns a 2001 toyota camry XLE limited edition and her kelly bbk value on a very well maintained and well kept car is less then that of my exellant cond. 95 530I is proof. Not to judge but there other trucks that also fall under a great value catagory than the toyo. But more to the point sounds to me that one main factor in your choice of trucks could be the inclusive peir pressure of your friends and the fad of them owning one. But not to judge just my opinion take it for what its not worth...