Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-19-2015, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: 550i xDrive M Sport
BMW Extended Warranty Pricing

I've been searching the Forums looking for contact names of those dealers/finance team who are willing to negotiate on the BMW Extended Warranty price. I've contacted several names I found listed in the forum but either these people have left the dealer or there is no response even a week later to email or calls. Not a good sign.

Would appreciate any referrals where you were able to negotiate a better price on the Extended Warranty. I'm looking for a 84 month 70K mile plan. Thank you. John
Old 03-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
BMW require an inspection now before they sell you an extended warranty, therefore, a lot of those dealers stop selling extended warranty out of state. The last time I check, the profit margin for a extended warranty is around $800 to $900, you might want to call your local dealers for some quote.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
BMW require an inspection now before they sell you an extended warranty, therefore, a lot of those dealers stop selling extended warranty out of state. The last time I check, the profit margin for a extended warranty is around $800 to $900, you might want to call your local dealers for some quote.
Is this true even if the car is still under the original manufacturer's warranty?

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:46 AM
Jack the cat

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
After searching as you have, I purchased my extended warranty through this dealer:

John Andrews
Business Manager
Schaeffer BMW
2012 BMW Center Of Excellence
4920 New Center Dr
Wilmington, NC 28403
910-392-2700 fax 910-397-0041
direct line 910-338-3858
jandrews@schaefferbmw.com

That was a year or so ago, but he was very helpful and provided the best price I could find.
Would not hurt to try him.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the cat View Post
After searching as you have, I purchased my extended warranty through this dealer:

John Andrews
Business Manager
Schaeffer BMW
2012 BMW Center Of Excellence
4920 New Center Dr
Wilmington, NC 28403
910-392-2700 fax 910-397-0041
direct line 910-338-3858
jandrews@schaefferbmw.com

That was a year or so ago, but he was very helpful and provided the best price I could find.
Would not hurt to try him.
I called him last year and that's where I got the information I posted above, but it does hurt to try again, maybe the policy has change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagu View Post
Is this true even if the car is still under the original manufacturer's warranty?
The only time you can buy the BMW extended warranty is when the car is still under the original manufacturer's warranty, so it is true.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:19 AM

Thanks for the replies. I have been trying to reach John Andrews for over a week. Email and Vmail. He still works there as the receptionist puts me through to his voicemail.

In my calls to other BMW dealers, one Business Manger suggested Fidelity Warranty Services which supposedly tracks the BMW Platinum coverage and offers 6 additional years of coverage and 60000 additional miles vs 3 years and 62000 additional miles (only 22000 on the car now) for same price as the BMW plan. It sounds like a better deal for me given my low mileage usage but there are a lot of complaints on the web about Fidelity. No good having a longer term if their support is terrible. Most complaints though are about Hyundai's and other assorted vehicles not BMW. Has anyone had experience with Fidelity Warranty? I'm also going to call the service manager of the local BMW dealer to get his input as well. Thanks so much for your feedback to my questions.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRI View Post
Thanks for the replies. I have been trying to reach John Andrews for over a week. Email and Vmail. He still works there as the receptionist puts me through to his voicemail.

In my calls to other BMW dealers, one Business Manger suggested Fidelity Warranty Services which supposedly tracks the BMW Platinum coverage and offers 6 additional years of coverage and 60000 additional miles vs 3 years and 62000 additional miles (only 22000 on the car now) for same price as the BMW plan. It sounds like a better deal for me given my low mileage usage but there are a lot of complaints on the web about Fidelity. No good having a longer term if their support is terrible. Most complaints though are about Hyundai's and other assorted vehicles not BMW. Has anyone had experience with Fidelity Warranty? I'm also going to call the service manager of the local BMW dealer to get his input as well. Thanks so much for your feedback to my questions.
I have a few friends who used Fidelity with no problems or complaints. Audi's factory extended warranty is administered by Fidelity. The Fidelity reviews online have been mixed, like most big insurance companies, there is always going to be some unsatisfied customers. There is a website online that sells Fidelity at a discount rate, http://fd-warranty.com/ , the guy's name is Troy and I have dealt with him before. His prices are much better than the dealer's.
The problem with any aftermarket extended warranty is that when you make a claim, an adjuster has to approve the repair before and after the repair which sometimes can slow things down. Whereas the BMW extended warranty deals directly with the dealer and can get claim process much faster.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:24 PM

Mein Auto: 550XI,GL320,993TT

I called BMW Darien yesterday and was offered $4400 for a 7/75K platinum. $5150 for 7/100K platinum. Need some competitive numbers info also.

BMW shut down long distance buying of extended warranty due to potential fraud. The finance manager needs to take a walk around the car and read the info in your car key to make sure you are eligible.

Last edited by chsu74; 03-20-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:24 PM

I've made quite a few inquiries both email and phone this week to search for the best warranty option for me. I don't drive my 550Xi as much as anticipated as I need a truck to plow the driveway in the winter and keep the 550 in the garage so it does not get full of salt. I was looking for a long term and low mile extended warranty and one of the BMW Business Managers recommended Fidelity. I checked with my dealer's service team and they said they have not had any issue with Fidelity then I checked with Fidelity to make sure that they direct pay the dealer which would be a hassle if I had to pay then put in a claim to Fidelity. All that hacked out fine. The X Men recommended I contact fd-warranty.com for a quote and the pricing was quite a bit lower than what I had been quoted by the dealer. Troy provided quotes at different steps so I could compare mileage and time. I'm going to go though him for an additional 6 year and 72K mile warranty.

I did get a call back from John Andrews at Schaeffer BMW (recommended by both The X Men and Jack the Cat. John pricing was by far the best price I was quoted for an 84 month (total) and 70K (total) extended BMW PLatnium warrantee. There was no mention of an inspection for the BMW warrranty. Maybe because I still have 3 weeks left on my original BMW 4 year warranty. For me it makes more sense to go with twice the time for less than the price of a 3 year additional BMW warranty. I'm hoping that the dealer and Fidelity continue to have a good relationship.

I does pay to call around but by far it pays to ask other forum members about their experience. The F10's are awesome cars but they are very complex. In my 98 540 I was able to diagnose problems and fix things myself. In this machine even if I could figure out and fix something I'm sure the part is going to be very expensive. Thanks again everyone for your replies to my question.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 550XI,GL320,993TT

I called BMW North America and asked for financial assistance towards an extended warranty purchase due to N63 reliability issues.

Last edited by chsu74; 03-23-2015 at 06:49 AM.