Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 AM

Mein Auto: 1991 BMW 318i Convertible
e30 Inspiration

About 2 months ago, when I first got my 318 and was looking for inspiration, I was googling around looking for interior/exterior ideas. I came across a e30 that a fella had obviously sunk an ungodly amount of money into. It was a white coupe, the interior had been done in white with accents, it had a lot of CF throughout, a nutty sound system, and, as far as I could tell, a lot in the engine bay that it wasn't born with. The most distinguishing thing was how freaking clean it was. The guy deffinitely didn't do the work himself, and said something to the effect of having just picked it up after waiting like 10 months. The pics in the post looked to have been taken in a shop/ showroom. I need a little motivation/inspiration right now, but can't find the dang thing. Anyone know the one I'm talking about? I think it was a link from a r3v forum, but I just can't find it now. If not, whats the most inspiring e30 you know of?
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2011, 10:13 AM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by babblefunk View Post
About 2 months ago, when I first got my 318 and was looking for inspiration, I was googling around looking for interior/exterior ideas. I came across a e30 that a fella had obviously sunk an ungodly amount of money into. It was a white coupe, the interior had been done in white with accents, it had a lot of CF throughout, a nutty sound system, and, as far as I could tell, a lot in the engine bay that it wasn't born with. The most distinguishing thing was how freaking clean it was. The guy deffinitely didn't do the work himself, and said something to the effect of having just picked it up after waiting like 10 months. The pics in the post looked to have been taken in a shop/ showroom. I need a little motivation/inspiration right now, but can't find the dang thing. Anyone know the one I'm talking about? I think it was a link from a r3v forum, but I just can't find it now. If not, whats the most inspiring e30 you know of?
Just about any modded E30 living in Norway.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1988 BMW 325i
Just look at pictures of them when they were new, that always inspires me. Especially the m3.

The E30 is what all actual driving enthusiasts are after. It's an unpretentious machine, quietly capable of spectacular feats of handling. It's light, simple design is rugged enough to run against $400k rally cars, but on the street it' communicative chassis delights even the most disinterested driver. It really is one of the world's ultimate driving machines