Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 35is
License Plate

I purchased the BMW carbon fiber license plate that is just painted to look like carbon fiber. I did not like the looks of the license plate so I painted it to match the color of the car. Looks ok for now until I find what Iím looking for

Before

After

Welcome To Maryland
Ads by Google
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ4 View Post
I purchased the BMW carbon fiber license plate that is just painted to look like carbon fiber. I did not like the looks of the license plate so I painted it to match the color of the car. Looks ok for now until I find what Iím looking for

Before

After

How easy was it to remove the logo from the plate before painting? And any tricks to do so and sticking it back on (the oval logo in the middle bottom). I wanted to powder coat mine instead of buying new ones, but haven't been able to get the logos off easily..
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeart View Post
How easy was it to remove the logo from the plate before painting? And any tricks to do so and sticking it back on (the oval logo in the middle bottom). I wanted to powder coat mine instead of buying new ones, but haven't been able to get the logos off easily..
I used painters tape and trimmed it with a razor blade . I did not remove the logo

Welcome To Maryland
Old 06-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ4 View Post
I used painters tape and trimmed it with a razor blade . I did not remove the logo
Ahh, OK. I was going to powdercoat it, so that wouldn't work..