Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Innsbruck Hilton

People here seem to like it. Any comments on the parking situation?

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Ads by Google
Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 AM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
We stayed here on 14 May using Hilton Honor Points. We also paid a few euros more for an upgrade and got a larger top floor room with a stunning view of the town, the airport, and the Alps. The room was nice, and standard Hilton. This was the only hotel we stayed at that had a 110V outlet in the bathroom. They had an eclectically-decorated restaurant that was pretty good. We had dinner there because it started pouring rain after we got in. A bonus was watching the storm come in and getting to see several lightning strikes on a nearby peak. It appeared to be centrally located, only a few blocks from the middle of town and we could see several restaurants from our room before it started raining.

They messed up the room service the next morning for breakfast, giving us stuff we didn't order (grapefruit and coffee) and forgetting other stuff (syrup for the pancakes). By the time that was rectified the pancakes were cold. I'd suggest eating breakfast in the restaurant.

There was extensive construction going on in front of the hotel and at first we didn't know how we were going to get in, also because a lot of roads were torn up and there were detours and gravel. The parking garage was large but typically European-tight. We scored what we thought was a primo parking spot on the end of a row but spent 5 minutes trying to back out of it.

We'd stay there again if we were using points.

Pics, top row: Nice bed, large room, view from our room. The airport is the open area where the reddish reflection is in the left of the picture. Saw several planes taking off and landing, didn't hear a thing. The peak to the right, the top obscured by clouds in this picture, is where we saw the lightning strikes.
Pics, second row: View from our room, view from the balcony at the other end of the hall, telephoto view of the peak.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Last edited by SD Z4MR; 06-07-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: m3
Hilton Sounds nice. Any other Innsbruck hotels people rec? I'm particularly keen on the parking situation.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
I stayed at this Hilton back in '07 on an ED with a friend's 335i.

There's an underground parking garage attached to the hotel. The maneuvering space was tight like most European parking garages, but we found a spot against a wall which prevented any door dings.

I'm a Diamond member of HHonors, and the free breakfast we got was quite extensive.

I would definitely stay there again, even though the rooms are a little aged.

2008 535xi 6-sp - Blk Sph, Blk Dkta,---2011 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum----2014 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum Hex
Bamboo | Prem | Cold | Sprt Pkg | Nav -Prem | Prem 2 | Cold | Sport | SAT ---- Cold | DA & DA+ | LED | M-Sprt | SAT | Multi
iPod/USB | Sat | Fld Dwn Seats --- ----Fld Dwn Seats | Side/Top Cameras -- ---HK Audio
Htd Rear Seats | PDC | 18" | Logic7 -- ---
(Good riddance!)

Last edited by FastMarkA; 06-07-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMarkA View Post

There's an underground parking garage attached to the hotel. The maneuvering space was tight like most European parking garages, but we found a spot against a wall which prevented any door dings.

I'm a Diamond member of HHonors, and the free breakfast we got was quite extensive.

I'm diamond HHonors as well, good to know about the nice breakfast. Innsbruck is on my itinerary. I guess I just found my hotel.

As anyone stayed at Best Western Goldener Adler?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMarkA View Post

2007 was four years ago. We were there just over three weeks ago. The rooms did not look "aged" in our opinion.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Last edited by SD Z4MR; 06-07-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Thanks for all the info. Just booked the Hilton Innsbruck for two nights at $133/night. I used to live in Boston so I am a zen master of tight paaaahkin' spaces.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 06-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Small world. I just looked at our itinerary details for our non ED trip coming up July 1 and realized we will be staying at the Hilton Innsbruck as well. We will no doubt have a clunky hard to handle rental car, but will still do parking reconnaissance.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
CarSwami

Mein Auto: BMW 335i Convertible
I'm just a "Gold" member at Hilton, but I've found all the Hiltons I have stayed at in Europe (Prague, Berlin, London downtown, London Heathrow, Barcelona, Liverpool, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Amsterdam Schiphol, etc.) have been uniformly good. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. But I've found that the quality of the lounges at these hotels can vary quite a bit. I get access to the lounge at Hilton hotels and I've found that the quality of the offerings in the lounges (breakfast, snacks, etc.) in some hotels is quite a bit better than at other hotels (the lounge at the Hilton in Berlin is very good).
Old 06-08-2011, 05:25 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
Thanks for all the info. Just booked the Hilton Innsbruck for two nights at $133/night. I used to live in Boston so I am a zen master of tight paaaahkin' spaces.
Boston, huh? Kind of ironic because I practically lived at the Back Bay Hilton when I was a vendor consultant managing a project for Nynex circa 1993-1995. I actually lived in Pasadena at the time and I'd fly (free first class upgrade because of all the flying) to Boston on Monday morning, stay until Friday of the following week, and then go home to Pasadena for the weekend and start the whole thing all over again the following Monday. This lasted for most of 1.5 years. Ate at all the restaurants on Newbury and around Cambridge (where the office was). I racked up enough HHonors points that I still have some left.