Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: 330i
car wash

any problems noticed taking the Z4 through an automated car wash, given its low clearance and external antenna?
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogel60232 View Post
any problems noticed taking the Z4 through an automated car wash, given its low clearance and external antenna?
I would take the antenna off for sure, but to be honest, I would never trust my car to a car wash.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Burnt Orange and Blue

Mein Auto: 2008 E93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeart View Post
I would take the antenna off for sure, but to be honest, I would never trust my car to a car wash.
I did not think we were even allowed to suggest anything but a meticulous, painstakingly careful, gentle, loving hand wash on this form. ;-)

abmwc
Old 06-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmwc View Post
I did not think we were even allowed to suggest anything but a meticulous, painstakingly careful, gentle, loving hand wash on this form. ;-)

abmwc
Exactly my point!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z4
In the winter I will occasionally take my 2004 Z4 through a brushless car wash and the water gets in the cabin through the top of the windows where they meet the soft top.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 330i and Z4 sDrive35i
Weekly Wash

As part of the sales deal, my dealer provides a free weekly car wash. My Z4 is always looking clean

Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: '11 Z4 35iS
No "soft tops" here Ncblum... Still i would never dream of running my beloved through an autowash. The thought of those plastic bristles or jet wash flogging the hell out of the paint paint gives me chills.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
No "soft tops" here Ncblum... Still i would never dream of running my beloved through an autowash. The thought of those plastic bristles or jet wash flogging the hell out of the paint paint gives me chills.
Exactly, noone washes my baby except me! Even towel drying my car, I doubt anyone will take the care I do to be gentle and use only the cleanest and softest towels. :-)
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeart View Post
Exactly, noone washes my baby except me! Even towel drying my car, I doubt anyone will take the care I do to be gentle and use only the cleanest and softest towels. :-)
I bought my car at the beginning of the year, and I think I've washed my car probably 3 times a month to keep it sparkling clean. I've waxed it once already as well and plan to once every 3-4 months. I think I have the same car as Wraith and Supremeart ... Black on Black. Gotta make it immaculate with that color.

Within the last month (and since I waxed the car), I have discovered the California Duster which is a godsend! It removes all the dust from a clean car quickly and safely. Just don't press down with it at all. Then, I also use Maguire's quick detailer in order to get off spots between washings. The combo of these two makes the car look absolutely BEAUTIFUL between washings, and now, I probably won't need to wash the car every weekend, or perhaps not even every other weekend. We'll see. But it's been raining a lot in the Bay Area until just this week, so I've had to wash it anyway because of that.

/LesC
Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogel60232 View Post
If I'm down the ocean for the weekend I take my car to a brushless car wash, it just sprays the car .I would never go through an automated one with the scary spinning bushes

Welcome To Maryland