Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: X3 & X5
Questions about M Sport Package, Alarm, Mirrors, and other things I should know

So I just turned in my lease, which means I need to get in gear and get my new x3 ordered or I will be in a rental car for months. A few questions if anyone knows...

1- I like all the aspects of the M Sport Package except for the Anthractic Headliner. Can I order the package and ask that this is left off. I like how the package gets rid of the black band on the rear bumber.

2 - Do any of the options have mirrors that fold in. I had this feature on the old car and it was great for garage space and also parking lots.

3 - Does the car come with an alarm that beeps when turned of and off, or do I need to order this seperatly.

4 - Any other things learned from ordering the new X3 that I should be aware of.

As always, thanks and happy driving!

Last edited by tonygreggaz; 06-07-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 X3
Anthracite Headliner - you can try, but to my knowledge probably not...
Alarm - The car will beep when you lock it, but I believe Anti-Theft Alarm System is now a stand alone option that must be ordered (I would do it because you get a car safety discount on your insurance)
Mirrors - The mirrors may not fold in automatically, but you can always push them in by hand. I know that is pretty standard.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i E82 MSport
I am in Canada and the packages are slightly different, but:

- anthracite headliner is part of MSport pkg, and I doubt you can change it. You could ask and see - maybe if you pay the "special order fee" ($400?), you may be able to do the change. Personally, I like the anthracite better than the grey headliner.

- fold in mirrors - I have them, and think there were part of the Premium pkg in Canada,

- alarm - comes with the car AFAIK, and you use iDrive to set lights flash and beep.

- the $350 extra Storage pkg is verly useful - extra tie-downs in cargo area, storage boxes, nets behind front seats and in front pass. well. Worth the money IMO.
Gone: 2011 X35i, Vermillion Red, MSport.
Gone: 2007 328xiTouring, Barbera Red, Lemon, 6MT.
Gone: 2009 M3 Sedan, Alpine White, Black Novillo, M-DCT.
Gone: 2008 535xi, Alpine White, Black Dakota, MSport.
Long Gone: 11 other BMWs between 1971 and 1986.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
I have a 35i in the U.S and it has the power fold in mirrors as well as the alarm system. As the others said, you can always ask on the headliner, but the answer will probably be no.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No12 View Post
I am in Canada and the packages are slightly different, but:

- anthracite headliner is part of MSport pkg, and I doubt you can change it. You could ask and see - maybe if you pay the "special order fee" ($400?), you may be able to do the change. Personally, I like the anthracite better than the grey headliner.

- fold in mirrors - I have them, and think there were part of the Premium pkg in Canada,

- alarm - comes with the car AFAIK, and you use iDrive to set lights flash and beep.

- the $350 extra Storage pkg is verly useful - extra tie-downs in cargo area, storage boxes, nets behind front seats and in front pass. well. Worth the money IMO.
Maybe it was just my 335i that came with anti theft system as a stand alone option... :s
Old 06-08-2011, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328xi
the alarm is standard so is the folding power mirrors on every bmw. it says it under standard features online also the push button start with leaving the keys in your pocket the only thing comfort access gives you is that you can unlock and lock the doors without the remote.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:01 AM

I know for a fact that when I bought my 2010 BMW 335i anti-theft alarm system was not standard. There was a long discussion way back when, but I suppose BMW corrected that, since who ever heard of a car with out an alarm....