Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 03-09-2004, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: 325i
SULEV 325i question

SULEV question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
Hey, this is an off topic question, but one of your posts in another thread and seeing a pick of your car here made me ask:

You mentioned that you recently bought a left over 2003 and got a huge discount off MSRP. I see that you are in Massachusetts. I know that we've been sold out of 2003 3ers since November, but that our BMW reps have told us since November that the dealers north of us had huge inventories of SULEV cars. I'm wondering if your car is one of these SULEV cars, and if so, what you think about it? I've never driven one (we don't get them in RI), but our used car manager used to work in a similar capacity for one of the big Boston-area BMW stores, and he says that the SULEV cars feel much slower than a regular 325. I find it hard to believe, and I was wondering what others had to say.

Hi Sarafil,

u r right I bought a leftover 2003 325i from a Boston area dealer.
being 1st time BMW owner, I was not aware of 2 separate versions regular and
SULEV version. After reading your post, i checked the Vehicle Sticker which list
all the options and details as to where it was manufactured. I don't see SULEV mentioned
on it. The car was assembled in Regensburg, Germany.

Where should I look to find out if it is SULEV version or not?
Does SULEV car look any different on the outside?

Also my car was built in Nov 02 and sat on dealer's lot for a year, which kind of worries
me why? but since this car had everything that i wanted and at a low price , so
i bought it. Also it had only around 60 miles on the car, so it is brand new.

Thanks
rawnak
Ads by Google
Old 03-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Here to Help

Mein Auto: Honda
Check the widow sticker. It will either say 325I or 325I SULEV.

Ted
Old 03-09-2004, 10:06 AM

Mein Auto: 01 325i
What is SULEV?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Here to Help

Mein Auto: Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wkerat
What is SULEV?

Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle.

Ted
Old 03-10-2004, 04:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedW
Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle.
Ted
Leaving aside the questionable worth of that tag as applied to a near-200 bhp 2.5 litre car capable of around 150 mph whose emissions actually put it in the *top* 10% of polluters in its homeland, I wonder what's next? "Super Hyper Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle - No Really"?
Old 03-12-2004, 01:53 PM
IRIX Rocks!

Send a message via Yahoo to dlloyd1975
Mein Auto: 325iT Schlampenschlepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_thomas
Leaving aside the questionable worth of that tag as applied to a near-200 bhp 2.5 litre car capable of around 150 mph whose emissions actually put it in the *top* 10% of polluters in its homeland, I wonder what's next? "Super Hyper Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle - No Really"?
Ah, but here emissions refer to CO, NOx and hydrocarbon emissions, not CO2 emissions. Sadly, CO2 emissions don't mean too much here.

The Shaggin' Wagon
2003 Gray Green 325iT, PP, SP, CW, HK, Sand 'Ette
Old 04-29-2008, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 325I SULEV
SULEV performance

to answer your question about the SULEV's performance, I don't think there is much of a difference between a regular 325i and a SULEV. I test drove a ton of cars before I purchased mine and honestly I hadn't even paid attention to the fact that it was a SULEV until my bf pointed it out. They drive the same, drag a** when in econo-mode but once u bump it into sport mode it really kicks in high gear. I love my car and the fact that I'm helping the earth just a little makes me feel a bit more content.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: Tesla
SULEV 328i, 2011

Considering buying a SULEV 328i. Salesperson says there is no difference in power between SULEV and "regular". However, BMW only makes a few SULEVS per year - why is this? Everyone is getting "green" conscious. If the performance is the same WHY wouldn't everyone want one??
Old 06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Call Ivan @ 973-780-9541

Send a message via AIM to BMWofBloomfield
Mein Auto: Z4MC/540i/Boxster/Supra
Don't you have to get a SULEV in California? I'm on the east coast so I don't know for certain but, I would have thought that's how CA works.

Ivan Romero
Business Manager
BMW of Bloomfield
973-780-9541
iromero@bmwofbloomfield.com
www.bmwofbloomfield.com
Old 06-24-2010, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: Tesla
Hi, thanks for your quick response. No, I apparently DO NOT have to buy a SULEV in California. The salesperson showed us some list on the computer - indicating that BMW makes very few SULEVS for California. We were given the choice of either. But the fact that "green" Californians were not buying the SULEV made me wonder ...

I have read online blogs. Two women say they don't notice a difference or that if you put it in sport mode it peps up. Two men say stay away, it is slow and that the engine has more problems than the engine in the regular 328i.

I would just like some CLEAR guidance. Thanks!