Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbro View Post
Fortunately, darling wife thought quick, and as instantly pushed it off, just as I realised what was happening.
Must be different in Europe. My manual says the brake will only brake as long as you continue to pull it, and stops braking as soon as you let go, until the car is going less than 3 km/hr, at which point it will remain set.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 AM
UK (ex-Pat)

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 3.0d M pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Must be different in Europe. My manual says the brake will only brake as long as you continue to pull it, and stops braking as soon as you let go, until the car is going less than 3 km/hr, at which point it will remain set.

you have to remember that this all happened extremely quickly. It probably wasn't on for longer than half a second, but it seemed like forever; maybe it did release when she took her finger off, when that all happened, I was driving both hands on the wheel, and not watching what "darling wife" was doing

2010 X5 30d M Sport pack on 20 inch
In Space Grey, Panoramic roof, auto tailgate,
Privacy Glass, Comfort seats in Black?
Rear view camera
Old 06-17-2011, 08:35 AM
UK (ex-Pat)

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 3.0d M pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
Marlboro, thanks for the hilarious anecdote. As to the Frenchy on your tail, I think you found the automotive equivalent of "I fart in your general direction." (Apologies for the obscure reference if you are not a Python fan).

I'm very sorry to say I am on my third E70, and didn't realize till now that I could do handbrake turns. I expect to have great fun this winter!

Sent from my HTC Inspire using BimmerApp
The third one !!! you must love it. this will be my first & last X5, for the price, I'm not so impressed, but then I am hyper critical being an Automotive Engineer, probably noting could satisfy me. Even Porsches have their faults, I guess every car does. I haven't owned a car yet that didn't have some faults.
Maybe after this a F10 X drive

2010 X5 30d M Sport pack on 20 inch
In Space Grey, Panoramic roof, auto tailgate,
Privacy Glass, Comfort seats in Black?
Rear view camera
Old 07-26-2011, 07:05 AM

Mein Auto: 12' BMW X535i Premium
when i have my sealt belt unbuckled and the driver door opened, the vehicle does not automatically go into park, it ONLY goes into park once i get off the brakes and the car starts rolling...then it "Park" will automatically engage. can anyone relate?