Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:54 PM

Mein Auto: MB C350 Sport
X3 M Sport finally ordered! Hopefully I made the right decision on the car :)

So here are the specs:

M Sport Package
Convenience Package
Cold Weather Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Technology Package
Premium Package

Black Saphire Metallic
Oyster Nevada Leather
Fineline Wave Wood Trim.

My dealer said it'd take about month and half to 2 months to get the car so hopefully I'd still want the car when it arrives lol! 2 questions tho:

A. for the ones who have the car, does it really handle like the 3 series??
B. I asked my dealer to order the 310 OEM M Double Spoke wheels but they said that they cant because they are euro-spec rims?? I really want these rims... what do I do?? here's a link

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...d_to_paris.jpg
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Another person has already taken delivery with 310's on so I think your dealer is wrong. Check out this link:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529477

Congrats on your order. I think you'll be very happy!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 AM

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
Another person has already taken delivery with 310's on so I think your dealer is wrong. Check out this link:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529477

Congrats on your order. I think you'll be very happy!
agree... the 310 is definitely NOT a euro spec wheel...they are clueless. The wheel is up on the accessory site and my dealer had them on an X3 on the showroom floor. They ARE however a pricey option as you know!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:57 PM

thanks I found that out too shortly after lol, $5600 for a set of wheel is way too much, now would I still be able to change the color on my car right now? Ordered Sapphire Black but now thinking of changing to Carbon Black, any suggestions? I hate Deep Sea Blue btw lol
Old 06-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckeleganz View Post
thanks I found that out too shortly after lol, $5600 for a set of wheel is way too much, now would I still be able to change the color on my car right now? Ordered Sapphire Black but now thinking of changing to Carbon Black, any suggestions? I hate Deep Sea Blue btw lol
You can change your order as much as you want while it is in status 111. Once it starts production and changes to 112 status, you can not make changes.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:49 PM

Thanks! And when you mean changes that means any changes right? i.e. interior leather and such?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Sapphire black is a much more brilliant black. It has really nice speckles of color if you look closely. It will also hide blemishes better.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 06-15-2011, 04:44 AM

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
Quote:
Thanks! And when you mean changes that means any changes right? i.e. interior leather and such?
Yes any changes...right now it's just tagged in the system but not locked an loaded. If you want to make changes you need to get them in though b/c just as WTT said when your status changes that's it.

If I remember correctly the window is like 2 weeks (on average) before it goes into the "locked" phase....obviously that depends on how busy things are etc, but I remember mine being about two weeks in.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 Acura RL
When you get your car, make sure to check the sticker. I ordered both DHP and M-Package but when it arrived, only the M-Package was listed. (My vehicle inquiry report also listed out both DHP and M so it's not like the option was accidentally left out of the order.) I have not seen one X3 35i with a window sticker that lists both DHP and M. The M-Package includes the DHP. In other words, by adding the DHP to your build, you're paying $1,300 for pretty much nothing.

UPDATE: BMWDaemon is right. BMWNA just totally screwed my order up. That's all.

Last edited by whispered; 06-16-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW X5 4.4i
Quote:
Originally Posted by whispered View Post
When you get your car, make sure to check the sticker. I ordered both DHP and M-Package but when it arrived, only the M-Package was listed. (My vehicle inquiry report also listed out both DHP and M so it's not like the option was accidentally left out of the order.) I have not seen one X3 35i with a window sticker that lists both DHP and M. The M-Package includes the DHP. In other words, by adding the DHP to your build, you're paying $1,300 for pretty much nothing.
No. This is just wrong. The M-Sport package includes Driving Dynamics Control and Performance Control (2VG). It does NOT include the Variable Sport Steering (2VL) and the Dynamic Damper Control (223). The Driving Dynamics Control is the Normal/Sport/Sport+ switch and is included with the Dynamic Handling Package (ZDH) OR with the Sports Activity Package (ZAP) or M-Sport Package (ZMP). However, when you get ZMP with ZDH, the Driving Dynamics Control operates both the "active" suspension as well as things like throttle response to create a sportier ride. mole7374 lays it out best here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=7

2002 X5 4.4i (02/2009) Mineral Grey/Black Leather

2001 X5 4.4i (01/2003 - retired) Titanium Silver/Black Leather

2001 330xi (12/2000 - deceased) Titanium Silver/Black Leather
Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Quote:
You can get the 310s (wheel and rft combo) a bit cheaper. I saw $4800 on ebay and $4400 on amazon. Still pricey though.

2008 335i Coupe|Sparkling Graphite|Black Dakota|Dark Burl Walnut
2011 X3 35i M Sport|Carbon Black|Black Nevada|Brushed Aluminum
Old 06-16-2011, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
Nice order. Either black would work well in LA.

Just tell you CA that you've heard of DHP being left off on some other customers even when it's specifically ordered, and make sure production doesn't screw this up. (and if they do, do not take delivery.)
Old 06-16-2011, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: 545i and m3
m-sport option

I ordered m-sport thinking I was getting Dynamic handling as stated in the catalog,not true. The only thing you get withe m-sport is performance control. No damping control or variable sport steering.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:06 AM

Well noted on the DHP, Imma call my dealer tomorrow and make sure of that. My salesman has got to be annoyed with me to the max cuz I just called him up 2 days ago changing the color to Carbon Black, he even suggested the color when we were ordering the car lol