Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 06-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Rice Eater

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW M3
Signal lights wont work

So my signal lights and hazards wont work......sometimes...Usually when I first start the car when its been sitting for a while they will work fine, but sometimes ( usually when I restart without it sitting for a hour or two) they wont work. The head lights will blink, and I cant change any headlight settings. When I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so the problem goes away ( most of the time ). Anyone have that happen to them? I thank you in advance for any information.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: toyota yaris
The head lights will blink, and I cant change any headlight settings. When I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so the problem goes away ( mos
Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Rice Eater

yes the problem goes away till I turn the car off again. I noticed that it happens most often when its hot out......I hope this can be solved for less money then I spent on tires.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Rice Eater

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I still have the same issues. I brought the car to my mechanic and he told me it must be a grounding issue. I bought a new battery and checked all the ground connections I found on the car, still the problem remains. He also told me it could be my Angel eyes causing the problem, so I disconnected them and it still does the same.

I noticed it happens only when the car is hot. When I start it up in the garage in the morning they work fine. Is there a relay for signals in the M3 or is it all controlled by the LCM?

Please help, I have only put 400 km on it this summer because of this.

Thank you