Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3
[Q]2013 X3 - How to attach the front license plate

Got my 2013 X3 delivered at Performance Center couple of weeks ago and just received the license plates. Now I fixed the rear one without any issues but the there doesn't seem to be any holes for the front one.

The holder for the front plate came with the car but it appears to need special screws, the ones for the rear plate wouldn't fit. Also there doesn't seem to be any holes on the front bumper.

Is there an easy solution (other than taking it to the dealer, which is not very easy for me)? I'd prefer not to drill any holes unless that's the easiest way.

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
This thread may help you: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690725
Old 08-08-2012, 06:35 PM
The One who Drives.

Mein Auto: 11 f25 n55/09 Jetta TDI
Search gominigo.com

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog

My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328 F25 X35, W209 AMG
there's also a holder that fits on your tow hook.
http://www.bimmian.com/Tow-Hook-Lice...der-for-BMW-X3
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35D
Dealer has always done mine even if I purchased it elsewhere, but there is a holder you need. Did you check the cargo or spare tire area? They sometimes put the bracket there.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X3
Thanks guys. I'll take the car to a local dealer.

Lance, I have the holder. Just not the right screws and the bumper has a place for the holder but not the holes.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:30 PM

Mein Auto: 525 & 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexian View Post
Thanks guys. I'll take the car to a local dealer.

Lance, I have the holder. Just not the right screws and the bumper has a place for the holder but not the holes.
Are you still looking for attaching the front license plate holder? I have been down this road and found a happy solution without any screw holes.

There is a kinda expensive way to do it in that you have to buy something that is not really cheap. But, if you are handy with a vice, drill, etc., you can fabricate one yourself relatively easy.

Let me know if you want to know.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexian View Post
Got my 2013 X3 delivered at Performance Center couple of weeks ago and just received the license plates. Now I fixed the rear one without any issues but the there doesn't seem to be any holes for the front one.

The holder for the front plate came with the car but it appears to need special screws, the ones for the rear plate wouldn't fit. Also there doesn't seem to be any holes on the front bumper.

Is there an easy solution (other than taking it to the dealer, which is not very easy for me)? I'd prefer not to drill any holes unless that's the easiest way.

Thanks.
Here is a link to how I installed front license plate without holes in bumper with inexpensive cable ties on my new 2014 X1 xDrive28i.

http://www.bmwfrontlicenseplate.tumblr.com/
Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 PM
On our 2nd Alpine X

Mein Auto: 06 X3/2010 MCSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsweett View Post
Here is a link to how I installed front license plate without holes in bumper with inexpensive cable ties on my new 2014 X1 xDrive28i.

http://www.bmwfrontlicenseplate.tumblr.com/
Creative....and no holes. Nice job.
GONE>>>Sold. One of the best rides I ever owned. My 1st BMW-2006 X3 3.0 White w/blk. Prem/Nav/Sirius/Servo/Heated seats,steering/Park Dist./Xenon/Privacy.I got the auto. trans. so my wife can drive it.
Our 2nd Bimmer2014 X3 i35 Alpine/Chestnut. Nav,Prem,Tech,Cold Weather, Shades. Got the Automatic cause we had no choice
My 1st Mini-2010 PW, I got the 6 speed so my wife can't drive it. Laurel Edition Convert
Old 07-14-2013, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: x3 35i
[Q]2013 X3 - How to attach the front license plate

I said F*** it and decided to drill into my bumper. My buddy move slightly while holding it and before u know it I have an extra hole in by bumper. Annoyed the hell out of me at first but no one will ever see it as I always need the front license plate anyways. Living in NY sucks as I wanted front bumper protection but no one makes a front bar grill. So I had to drill into the bumper to add the license plate and install the "bump shock" on the front.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app