Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
New member with some questions

Hello, I just bought an '05 745i sport last week and this will actually be my 7th BMW but my first 7-series. My previous one was an '07 335i Coupe that I sold to get a large four door because of my growing family.

Car is great with only 60k miles but needed some maintenance. Just did a brake job, oil change, microfilters, air filter and while I was doing the brake job, I went ahead and installed drilled rotors and used ceramic pads to lower dust. Also installed H&R sport springs.

I'll be posting about that later... uneven drop for some reason?

All in all, the car is great.... silver with gray interior... will take pics after I get it cleaned.
Ads by Google
Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750Li 2006
welcome to the fest bro ... I have no idea about the springs. however, I have a question:

how do u compare the brakes grip and overall brake performance before and after installing the drilled rotors along with ceramic pads?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:18 AM

Mein Auto: 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Arabia View Post
welcome to the fest bro ... I have no idea about the springs. however, I have a question:

how do u compare the brakes grip and overall brake performance before and after installing the drilled rotors along with ceramic pads?
It's too early to tell about the brakes because I just installed them this Saturday and have not even put 100 miles on them yet. The initial bite is softer but that's because I have not yet broken them in. However, on previous cars I've had, there is really no difference between drilled and non-drilled rotors with regards to stopping power. You will notice it on the track because the drilled rotors will stay cooler and thus you'll have less fading. Otherwise, I think they are the same on the street.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750Li 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
It's too early to tell about the brakes because I just installed them this Saturday and have not even put 100 miles on them yet. The initial bite is softer but that's because I have not yet broken them in. However, on previous cars I've had, there is really no difference between drilled and non-drilled rotors with regards to stopping power. You will notice it on the track because the drilled rotors will stay cooler and thus you'll have less fading. Otherwise, I think they are the same on the street.
thanx 4 the info bro !!