Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
Z4MR Windshield Washer Won't work

Dealership puts on new wiper blades, now no water comes out of the washer jets and the head light wash only comes on once when I start the car and not again. I traced down the hose and there seems to be no kink, crimp or leak between the pump and the hood.

Frankly I was not even aware I had head light cleaner, my accessory list never showed them to be there. But they only work once after I start the car.

Dealership is picking up the car, but if the same motor which provides water pressure for the head light cleaner, does not make the least bit of sense to me why no water exits the sprayers on the hood.

Anyone got a WAG as to what might be wrong?

Best regards

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Ads by Google
Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
BruceJ

Mein Auto: Z4 Si, 330i
If you are hearing the washer motor but no fluid then it may very well be the filter located in the reservoir tank. Had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. Dealer stated that cheap fluid (i.e. non BMW washer fluid) causes the filter to deteriorate. However I had never added a drop from when I picked the car up over a year ago.

Regards
Bruce

Life's Good!
07 Z4Si - Mods: M front Bumper, Mstache, Alarm, Hardtop Retrofit & Hardtop, mudflaps, windscreen, DaveZ GDO, Intravee II, Gaptech Remote +, Diet hamburgers and a Fat steering wheel.
03 330i - Mods: MTechII front Bumper, 125K and rollin!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E85 M-Roadster, E82 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHLBOLTS View Post
Dealership puts on new wiper blades, now no water comes out of the washer jets and the head light wash only comes on once when I start the car and not again. I traced down the hose and there seems to be no kink, crimp or leak between the pump and the hood.

Frankly I was not even aware I had head light cleaner, my accessory list never showed them to be there. But they only work once after I start the car.

Dealership is picking up the car, but if the same motor which provides water pressure for the head light cleaner, does not make the least bit of sense to me why no water exits the sprayers on the hood.

Anyone got a WAG as to what might be wrong?

Best regards
The windshield jets use a different pump from the headlights and also has a separate fuse.