Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 AM

Mein Auto: 325I
Unhappy german audio tech in CA.

Please beware of the so called German audio tech in CA. He is such a rip off. I have had my car back to Him three different times. The first go around was over $1100.00 For a simple radio install with amp. Two days later My car started smoking around the dash area, Radio and all electronics FRIED. So Now he says It was the cars fault, Bad wiring harness. But I had it checked at a BMW dealer and they said it was due to Him or His shop wiring the amp into the wrong circuit, It overloaded it and started the melting of wires . I did take it back to Him and it was there over a month. When I finally got it back the radio / amp only worked for about 1 week. No smoke this time but now the digital gauges and lights are going on and off. I have talked to the beamer dealer and one of the mec hanics siad He was willing to testify to the fact that the car had been wired wrong by the GERMAN audio tech guys . I have also spoken with them and I am going to have to hire a attorney now to ever get them to FIX MY CAR . THE RIGHT WAY !!

STAY AWAY FROM GERMAN AUDIO TECH IN CA.
Ads by Google
Old 06-24-2011, 09:59 AM

Danger Danger. Anyone driving a German Car . BMW or anytype or vehicle . stay away from german Audio Tech]
Old 09-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Vroom Vroom

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonkid View Post
Danger Danger. Anyone driving a German Car . BMW or anytype or vehicle . stay away from german Audio Tech]
I work for German Audio Tech and I can assure you this (false) story is completely made up and bogus. Absolutely ridiculous.

1) He is in Florida, we are in California
2) We do not wire or alter wiring in vehicles.
3) We do not service vehicles locally. There is no shop to do this at.
4) 'piston kid' is a brand new bimmerfest member and the only posts he's ever done is to create a thread with a made-up story.

BOGUS.

Last edited by BMWg84; 09-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:42 PM

This information is correct. I did not live in Florida at this time . You are not telling the truth . You do work on cars and you guys did my work along with some of my friends who still live in that area. You have several small claims against you in district court now for the others you have not repaired correctly. That information is public record and I will be posting it also when i get a chance. All you care about is getting some ones car long enough to make a ticket on it and rip them off!!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01' 540 M-Sport cdn, F355
I had a similar bad experience with GermanAudioTech with a radio display repair on my E39. Many attempts until they finally just gave me a different radio (in not as nice a condition). After 5 weeks, I just wanted a working radio with a perfect display...which I got...but two years later the display failed, and they refused to honor the "lifetime" warranty. This was mainly out of retribution, as they were upset I gave them a "neutral" rating on Ebay, which I felt was totally justified, based on the long wait (shipping my radio back and forth as he tried to fix it) and not getting my original radio back. I later learned (when he posted to my thread warning about him) he admitted mine was the first E39 radio he had attempted to fix...yet I purchased his services off an Ebay listing for E39 radio display repairs! So I was the "guinea pig" for him to learn the process on....sheesh.
Factory M-Sport package with factory installed M-tech bumpers, factory Bluetooth, factory M-Audio 10" dual voice coil subs, Homelink, M5 rear stabilizer bar, Bilstein B14 PSS coil overs, Stop Tech ss brake lines, Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads, oem Brembo and Zimmerman rotors, Dinan Stage 1 software, Strong Strut front upper stress bar.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 328iC, 2005 325i
Exclamation Ripped-Off Too

If this is the same German Audio Tech that is located in Long Beach, CA and sells a lot of German car radios, OBC's, etc. on eBay, THEY RIPPED ME OFF TOO! If it is a different one, then BEWARE of the German Audio Tech in Long Beach, CA. They sold me a BMW OBC that was NOT fully functional, then ripped me off completely on their so-called "recycling process" for core credit. Paid me nothing for a unit - not even my lousy $7.50 in shipping, because the "glass was broken". Apparently all the capacitors, resistors, relays, circuit boards, and the casing are worthless? Just the glass has core credit value? They tout their "5 star eBay rating", but don't answer emails until after many are sent, then they insult you and act like the problem is all yours. The final straw was an obscene, vulgar, bigoted, just plain nasty reply to a bad rating on eBay. They (German Audio Tech) posted a profanity-laced reply on eBay! I am not kidding. The guy (Chris) is savvy. He dragged-out the process to exceed eBay's Buyer Protection period, and I stupidly let him. His reply was so vulgar that eBay deleted it and sent him an official warning. They ought to ban the psycho. Do NOT buy from German Audio Tech in Long Beach CA (and probably in other CA cities - I imagine they have several bogus addresses for eBay so they can't be found.) Unless, of course, you like being abused, cursed, and ripped-off by sellers. In that case, these are your guys!

Last edited by G8tor; 02-24-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 528i
Name and address of german audio tech?

Do you have the name and address of this guy? Phone number too if you have it. He's had my CD player for going on three weeks now. I've sent two emails with no responses. I'm a person of principal and I'll make it my "hobby" and spend hours doing it, if necessary, to get satisfaction. I've only had one other bad experience on ebay in the past decade and convinced a police officer in his hometown to pay him a visit. It wasn't long after that, that I got satisfactioni. Help me find this guy!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:48 PM

His name is Chris. His phone # (if it is not bogus, I never bothered to call) 562-786-5312. The address I have is for core returns, but it is probably his shop: 65 Pine Ave. #37, Long Beach, CA 90802. I know he gets deliveries there because he got my core and ripped me off. We really need to get the word out about this guy. I am going to paste the ebay reply he sent me after I rated him poorly. I hope it does not offend you, but you should know what kind of guy you are dealing with here. I would not be surprised if he is psycho. Good luck! See below his reply:

Dear wsgrrmc123,

I get a lot of messages, and I wish I never saw any of yours. I did nothing wrong at all, the part was tested before mailing and worked 100%. If you're bitching about a bulb burning out you might as well yell at the sky about it being blue. And don't send me trash expecting a large payout. You must be crazy.

My only polite reply? Read ALL of your messages - You are an A S S H O L E. You talk to me as if your boyfriend is cheating on you, you contracted AIDS, and lost your minimum wage job at the local sanitation plant. Maybe you should take up a career singing country music! Get lost.

- germanaudiotech
Old 05-14-2012, 10:08 AM
California Über Alles

Mein Auto: 328CiC and 328iT
Daaaayummm. That dude has NO class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8tor View Post
His name is Chris. His phone # (if it is not bogus, I never bothered to call) 562-786-5312.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 PM

Sure he does, it's all just LOW!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 540i/6
Wow, he has been in business this long? Sorry for the old bump, but someone cross referenced this thread on another pixel thread.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 AM

Mein Auto: 97 M3 sedan
I just did business with these folks and am quite satisfied. I had the standard E36 climate control and OBC display problems. I mailed in both my units and had them back within 5 business days of when they arrived in Long Beach, CA. Since they had to travel coast to coast, this was good turnaround for me.

I plugged both units back in the car and they both worked perfectly. Granted, it's only been one day since I reinstalled my repaired equipment, but they both are working exactly as they should. I know no business is perfect, but my experience with germanaudiotech has been excellent. I plan to send in my radio next time since I also have the common "dim display" issue that seems to plague E36 radios.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: 01' 540 M-Sport cdn, F355
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA97M3 View Post
I just did business with these folks and am quite satisfied. I had the standard E36 climate control and OBC display problems. I mailed in both my units and had them back within 5 business days of when they arrived in Long Beach, CA. Since they had to travel coast to coast, this was good turnaround for me.

I plugged both units back in the car and they both worked perfectly. Granted, it's only been one day since I reinstalled my repaired equipment, but they both are working exactly as they should. I know no business is perfect, but my experience with germanaudiotech has been excellent. I plan to send in my radio next time since I also have the common "dim display" issue that seems to plague E36 radios.

Suspicious post. You register on July 30th, simply to defend/promote Germanaudiotech, then NEVER return to this forum ever again? Nice work Chris (AKA Germanaudiotech).
Factory M-Sport package with factory installed M-tech bumpers, factory Bluetooth, factory M-Audio 10" dual voice coil subs, Homelink, M5 rear stabilizer bar, Bilstein B14 PSS coil overs, Stop Tech ss brake lines, Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads, oem Brembo and Zimmerman rotors, Dinan Stage 1 software, Strong Strut front upper stress bar.

Last edited by 540 M-Sport; 09-17-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540 M-Sport View Post
Suspicious post. You register on July 30th, simply to defend/promote Germanaudiotech, then NEVER return to this forum ever again? Nice work Chris (AKA Germanaudiotech).
That is so true one post lol
Old 11-17-2013, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: X-5
This guy bought my old Radio/display from my X-5 for $3 and some change + shipping. He claimed he never received the part.Now he's opened a case with ebay to get his money refunded. What a prick! I didn't want to deal with him anymore so I gave him his $11. and he still claimed he didn't receive it. I just copied and pasted the transaction information from my paypal. I might have to report him to ebay because its starting to feel like harassment :/

BEWARE OF THIS JERKOFF!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Vroom Vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pass427 View Post
That is so true one post lol
VA97M3 has no affiliation with German Audio Tech. Assumptions are not Facts. Do you guys have anything better to do?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Vroom Vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micho_rizo View Post
This guy bought my old Radio/display from my X-5 for $3 and some change + shipping. He claimed he never received the part.Now he's opened a case with ebay to get his money refunded. What a prick! I didn't want to deal with him anymore so I gave him his $11. and he still claimed he didn't receive it. I just copied and pasted the transaction information from my paypal. I might have to report him to ebay because its starting to feel like harassment :/

BEWARE OF THIS JERKOFF!
No tracking number. Never received item. Seller cannot prove it was delivered because they never mailed it.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
I want to introduce myself. I am one of the partnership owners of German Audio Tech, LLC. and was recently informed of this thread by a website redirect. Our company has recently taken a new direction and this is evident with our rebranding, new eBay store and eCommerce website which is still a work in progress. German Audio Tech, LLC. is under new management. The founder is no longer taking an active role in managing the business and they are no longer completely in charge of operations.*
I want to personally address a few concerns and work with whoever has an issue that needs to be resolved;
1) I have reviewed the comments of this thread and would like to apologize on behalf of our company for any hurtful, immature remarks that were said to anyone by an employee who is no longer working for us. There is no place in our company for this kind of unprofessionalism and immature behavior.*
2) Unfortunately, over the years we have been the victim of online defamation, some comments which have no credibility and are simply false, we would like to defend ourselves. To the original poster of this thread (PistonKid), after doing countless days of research with our CPA, and could not find a transaction of $1100 for the service to rewire an audio system amplifier. There is no record of this transaction, and it is not a service that we offer. Interestingly, we have also found that this user is not logging in to this forum from California or Florida. We have been confused with a couple other local stereo installation shops in Long Beach, CA, this may be the case for this user. Since we have not heard anything and have never been contacted directly, I recommend to (PistonKid) that you call and speak with me personally and I would be happy to resolve whatever issue you claim you had.*
3) We buy defective/core units for repair. If we owe anyone for the return of their defective original device, please contact me directly and I will be happy to work it out with you. It is only fair.

4) To anyone else who has had any issues with us in the past, we sincerely apologize for any frustration you had and if you are willing we would like to speak with you to work out a happy resolution to your problem. German Audio Tech, LLC. has had tens of thousands of happy transactions world-wide spanning nearly 1 decade. The few negative comments you might find in this thread or online are minuscule compared to the massive amount of positive feedback we have had and is not a fair reflection of our overall business practices. We work very hard to keep our buyers happy and coming back.*
We are also currently working with a legal team to determine the lawfulness of the individual who purchased our company's .com domain name and are using it as a re-direct to this particular thread. We ask whoever is doing to this to contact us immediately.

Although we may not be perfect, no person or business is, we ask to be given an opportunity to help anyone before posting any more remarks online. Since I do not personally frequently visit this forum please do not respond to this thread, contact us directly with questions or concerns. Again, I would be happy to help you.

Warm regards,
Stephen J. Caldwell
German Audio Tech, LLC.