Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E82 1M Coupe (2011 - 2012)

E82 1M Coupe (2011 - 2012)
In many ways the spiritual successor to the E30 M3. Powered by a M derivitive of the N54 the inline six makes 340hp and giving the 1M a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:10 AM

Mein Auto: M3 AND 1M COUPE
1m tuned

BMW 1M Suspension and Exhaust

BMW 1M BSM
Recaro CS Sportster Seats
Ferodo DS2500 (Going to do Big Brake Kit - not sure yet - suggestions)
KW Clubsport Suspension
Supersprint Full Exhaust System
Evolve Remap
Pirelli Corsa Tyres

Whatís happening: The car is going for 2 days at the Nurburgring (Stag do and car in standard spec) before going to KW for the Clubsports and then onto Italy for Supersprint to make a complete exhaust for me and then finally back to the Nurburgring for testing and a conclusion on the parts. I own a M3 with DCT as well which has been modified which goes to the ring, so it will be good to compare.

My 1M has got the Pirelli Corsa tyres on with uprated pads (Ferodo DS2500) and has just had the Recaro Sportster CS seats put in. The car performed not very well around the ring the suspension was far too soft for track it rolled too much and didnít feel planted like a track car should, so the KW Clubsport should make a massive difference (Hopefully) to anyone taking it on track. This car has massive potential but needs to be tweeked to make the car it should be. If itís your daily car the suspension is perfect with a good balance. The engine was amazing with plenty of power, third gear is awesome.

Conclusion after 28 laps at the ring Ė fantastic car but there is more potential for the track boys, suspension, brakes and tyres would improve the car dramatically. My friend uses 18inch wheel and the Dunlop Dirreza tyres and the things just hangs on (unbelievable) so have ordered the rims which will fit both cars. Now looking forward to going to the factory to have the kit installed and see the difference.

Glad Iím taking the car to the KW factory for the fitting Ė The guys thatís are fitting the kit are the motorsport division who set up the cars for the Nurburgring 24 hour races, which they have 72 teams to look after at the next 24hour race Ė I think Iím in safe hands.

Factory is just WOW Ė what a set up itís out in a little village in Germany Ė I thought I was lost but the factory is state of the art and huge. They have a R&D department, which I was blown away with, they go through so much detail to get the kits sorted and the culture in the building is great, they have a gym that works on a card that store your body details and then automatically works out the training for you to work out at the maximum (ie. If itís too easy the machines understand this and increase the weight Ė mental!!!!)

The car has been fitted now with KW Club Sport and one of the technicians came and asked me a load of questions to make sure they set the car up for me Ė my spec was that I wanted was a nurburgring set up, one that could take the bumps well and take the corners, without the car taking a bit of time to settle into each position Ė I guess this is in between track and road (More bias for the track without it being too harsh) Iíll be testing the car on the drive to ItalyÖ

The car looks awesome just the right height filling the arches better Ė we put a space on the front end just to have a bit more clearance (5mm) but Iím going to go to 10mm and have the wheel centralizing lip (Hope that makes sense to everyone).

Before I left they took me on a factory tourÖ I can believe how much details goes into every damper Ė one of the ladies there (checking by hand the tiny spring that goes in the valve for the high speed damping) and if it not to there tolerance (very small) she has to put washer on to balance it out so itís perfect.

Just want to say thanks to the guys at KW, firstly because they treated me like part of the family and have done an awesome job. It was brilliant.

First drive and impressions in the 1M it has made a huge improvement the car feels more planted, there is no real difference from a comfort point of view. It doesnít crash at all but this might be because of the high speed damping (Not sure thatís right just a guess). Drove half way in the wet and going around some of the bends it just stuck to the road with no pitching over it just kept flat. Can wait to get this on the ring now it should be brilliant.

On my way to Supersprint - arrive at supersprint and dropped the car off. Before I went to the airport it did a dyno run before the mods it made 355bhp so was very impressed with that. Can wait to see the results they are doing the complete system so should be good. You can see there progress on face book - will take around 2 weeks.

I'll take the car back to the ring on the return journey and post another review on what it's like.

will upload more pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T1M_0413_HR2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	282991   Click image for larger version

Name:	T1M_1540_HR2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	282992   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0799.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	282993   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0740.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	282994   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1265.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	282995  

Advertisement
Old 07-10-2011, 04:46 AM

Mein Auto: RS6
I installed KW V3's in my RS6 this past winter. What a difference over the stock system (DRC failed three times). So at 102,000 miles I finally had the suspension the car should have had at 0 miles.

(fun DIY project LOL)

Mike
Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 AM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
Wow awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. How much power does it make after the tune?