Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 528 /2011
Angry Vibrations in 2011/ 528?

hi, I have 2011 528 for a month. Drove home from dealer. Next day- Freeway- have vibration. Took back to dealer, they balanced wheels and said- all ok. back from dealer. Car in garage- last weekend went for trip on freeway again JESUS!!!!!! getting neck massage from vibration. Back to dealer with 565 miles on odometer- they balanced again, states that 1-st time machine was wrong. OK. This time rain on the way home so driving slowly back home. Evening- good weather took the car for ride- well- vibration again ( starts about 70m/h 75-80-do not even try). Ok I checked warranty for tires- have to go to tire dealer! and that's what BMW service manager suggested to: go to tire kingdom. OK. Went today guess what: 1 rim need 130g another more than 100g all - wrong balance. Took it from tire kingdom- better but still vibration. I called other BMW dealer meantime - answer- go to the one that you bought the car. And- you can not go there you have to make appointment. Holly s...t! I had volvos, audi, lexus, of course toyota and honda, mercedes- NEVER get the problem with any of them. What is wrong with BMW? Suggestions?
Ads by Google
Old 07-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 535i
Take it back to dealer where you bought it and leave it there until they fix it. It is ridiculus
Old 07-20-2011, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i sport; 2001 X5
Has the dealership tried Road Force Balancing?

Has the dealership tried Road Force balancing??

I just had the rear Bridgestone RTFs replaced on my 07 530i. After replacement, I was getting a vibration/oscillation at 70mph. Took it back and the dealer rebalanced all 4 tires. However, still had the vibration (but barely perceptible).

I called again, took it back, and this time took a road test with the shop manager. He also felt the vibration but considered it minor. HOWEVER, because I had purchased the tires through them, he said he'd put all 4 wheels on their "road force" balancer -- his explanation was that it puts the wheel under load and provides a more accurate assessment -- and that he would perform it himself. When finished, he found one tire needed 10g, another 25g, and a third also needed a slight adjustment (but he couldn't remember what).

What might also be important to note is that he said all 4 tires were already within the "acceptable" range, but the RF balancer brought the variances down to neglible. He also mentioned the RFTs extremely stiff sidewalls will magnify any issues.

Voila -- vibration is gone!