Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Standard or Premium Hi-Fi system?

In Egypt, I can't order my X3 with Premium Hi-Fi system, we only get the standard one. I would like to know if I ordered the Premium Hi-Fi later and installed it, how many holes do I have to drill on my X3? Is it an easy task to do?

Can you share a link where the whole process (fitting the amplifier and the speakers) is outlined?

Please share any recommendations!

Thanks a lot.
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 PM

Mein Auto: 12 328i
My best guess would be that it would be very difficult to retrofit the Premium HiFi. I have not heard of anyone attempting to do that. I would say that you would be better off upgrading with a quality 3rd party system. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

And best of luck with your new government! I hope it turns out well!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 AM

Thanks RX, but believe me, we need to change too! I'm optimistic.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 PM

Rx, please recommend a system that would fit without drilling any wholes. thx
Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3
There are non....

BMW uses roughly 3.25" drivers. There are no replacement speakers made that fit and certainly none that sound good. You need larger holes in the after market.... I have looked and looked... Without serious modification what you get is what you get....
Old 07-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Old 07-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utcadman View Post
There are non....

BMW uses roughly 3.25" drivers. There are no replacement speakers made that fit and certainly none that sound good. You need larger holes in the after market.... I have looked and looked... Without serious modification what you get is what you get....
dude...you didn't look hard enough! Seriously these are the best and to my knowledge one of the only direct factory upgrade sytems out there on the market: http://bavariansoundwerks.com/
They make really good stuff but it's a little pricey. And when I say factory upgrade I mean factory upgrade...they are so plug and play that they use the EXACT same factory connectors on the ends of the speakers that BMW uses so you don't even have to cut cables and splice stuff! They are an EXACT fit..and I mean EXACT fit to BMW speakers so they fit in perfectly to what BMW has now....no drilling no nothing.

Right now they do not list the F25 on their website but I'm in constant contact with these guys and the one rep told me that their system is complete and about ready to ship on the market...the only thing they are waiting on is the install guide to be completed....get these and forget about any headache you thought you were going to have!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
dude...you didn't look hard enough! Seriously these are the best and to my knowledge one of the only direct factory upgrade sytems out there on the market: http://bavariansoundwerks.com/
They make really good stuff but it's a little pricey. And when I say factory upgrade I mean factory upgrade...they are so plug and play that they use the EXACT same factory connectors on the ends of the speakers that BMW uses so you don't even have to cut cables and splice stuff! They are an EXACT fit..and I mean EXACT fit to BMW speakers so they fit in perfectly to what BMW has now....no drilling no nothing.

Right now they do not list the F25 on their website but I'm in constant contact with these guys and the one rep told me that their system is complete and about ready to ship on the market...the only thing they are waiting on is the install guide to be completed....get these and forget about any headache you thought you were going to have!
Oh I did! You are correct. The problem with them is that they do not have the upgrade. I have been in contact with them and pushed them on an ETA, they dont have one. You might also notice that there is no speaker upgrade, according to their website for the first gen X3.

If they are about to ship my advice to them is to get something up on the website and take an order. There is nothing.

It says they have an amplifier upgrade. For gen 1 and gen 2 04+ but once you click on this it just asks you to go on a waiting list....

So you can see why my confidence is low.....

So it doesnt exist, in my opinion. If and when it does I may be a buyer but untill then there are no real viable options. I also think gettng much higher fidelity can only be done with larger speakers... at least 5.25" So this can be pretty compromised.

I do hope you are right though..as of today nothing exists unless you want to break out the saw...
Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: (soon to be '11 X3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utcadman View Post
Oh I did! You are correct. The problem with them is that they do not have the upgrade. I have been in contact with them and pushed them on an ETA, they dont have one. You might also notice that there is no speaker upgrade, according to their website for the first gen X3.

If they are about to ship my advice to them is to get something up on the website and take an order. There is nothing.

It says they have an amplifier upgrade. For gen 1 and gen 2 04+ but once you click on this it just asks you to go on a waiting list....

So you can see why my confidence is low.....

So it doesnt exist, in my opinion. If and when it does I may be a buyer but untill then there are no real viable options. I also think gettng much higher fidelity can only be done with larger speakers... at least 5.25" So this can be pretty compromised.

I do hope you are right though..as of today nothing exists unless you want to break out the saw...
Yea I agree on the frustration with them not putting something on their site, but these guys are a super good reputation for upgrades so based on that I have confidence...if you look them up on other threads historically other users have been super pleased. Which person over there have you been in contact with? I'm curious b/c if it's the same guy I'd like to ask him what the deal is...here is my contact:

Halston Pitman | BSW
Audio Solutions for Your BMW

web: www.bavsound.com
email: rhp@bavsound.com
phone: 404.963.8857 ext. 104
fax: 404.605.0525

I've asked them about the amp and right now they don't have one...this guy said they are working on soemthing but honestly the amp thing is easy...just leave the BMW stock one and add an Alpine sound processor for 250 bucks and it'll be a gem system. Yea I know on the E83 upgrade (or lack there of) on the speakers...I'm going on the X5 upgrades that others have posted...which in reality should be the same thing for the F25. Give these guys time they'll come through....there really isn't another option that I know of out there unless you take it to a customer shop and let them do the cutting!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:28 AM

Hi, Really not giving these guys a bad time. They have always responded to quickly. Yep same guy and here was his response...No ETA just yet. We are still working on this package as of now. So like I said. If they have something I am a buyer. I know I was looking about about $3500 for some one to go in and do a custom system, with no promise that it would look pretty...or fit... It is a lot of work in this car...

Do X5 components work? I would do that? Do you have a link anywhere here for anyone who has done it with the X5 stuff...?

Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Here is a really good thread... http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=451804