Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 07-04-2011, 03:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Supercharged E34 540i6
Euro Light Swap

I have the normal ellopsoid lights without the smiley lights, and I'm considering changing them to the euro spec light with the "day lights."
Will extra wiring be needed to install them, and if wiring is needed, will I need professional help to get them working.

Thanks

Old 07-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Lucky to drive a BMW

Mein Auto: 2006 M5///
Its a great upgrade. I will be doing my 93 soon. I figure it will be 250 = 4 6hrs leisure pace labor for the head light assemblies and Xenon HID lamps and 4 ballest are plug and play ."City lts" you may need help splicing them in . Read up as much as you can on the Removal of existing headlights installation and various parts. The hardest part is getting to the existing head lights by removing the turn signals ,the main grill, light grills .Its critical that grill removal is understood for you model car. The V8 BMW may be a bit more challanging due to space constraints,but the grills may be eaisier to remove than the older 525i. Heres a thread on headlight subject.http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=477938 . Color anything over 45k White is distracting to look at Blue . Watts- Every thing at 35w HID is stlll 3x brighter than 50w standard halogen lamps. Any higher watt lamps just blind oncoming traffic. 35w HID run cooler than 50w every thing will last longer with 35 w lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11037.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	283798  

Last edited by luckydog; 07-04-2011 at 01:24 PM.