Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2011-X328I
BMW Assist for 2011 X3 models

Iphone My BMW Remote App - works just fine in the US

I just tested the iphone MY BMW Remote App on my X3. And it worked.

Most of you would say that the iphone app is not available to the US market. But, here are the steps that you can take and start using it right here in the US.

1. Create an itunes account in the UK (you may provide a random address). You can do that even if you live here in the US. The only constraint is you can't purchase apps that are not free. But "My BMW Remote" iphone app is for free. So, you can download it without a problem on your PC/Mac.

2. Transfer the app to your iphone.

3. You will get two options - demo mode or actual registration. Click on the latter.

4. Enter your BMW Assist account user name (This is the email you provided BMW the day you bought the car. It gets active right away. I was able to use the app a few hours after I got the car).

5. Enter the password that you provided your dealer when setting up the BMW Assist account. Even if you have asked to change the pin, use the initial one as this service is from Europe and changed pin is update only in the US database.

6. You get a new screen asking for a password again. It is the same password which you entered in the previous screen which is the pin.

7. You will see a screen that shows exactly your car's model and color. Click on it (not on the arrow). Here you may set up pin code for privacy.

8. Now you can start using all functions of My BMW Remore iphone app: a) remote open and lock the car; b) find the location of your car; c) sound the horn; d) flash the headlights. All of these are working great, and yes, here in the US.

What I am missing is remote climate contol and the ability to send google addresses right from within the app.

I hope this will help you start using this great app. It works with a delay (about 30 seconds). But, it is great to have that option.

Let me know how yours is working.
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 E93is & 11 F25 N55
I was able to set up on my X3 also as I gave a 4 digit pin as my password. I'm able to use the google maps feature to send to both of my 2011 BMW's. However, I have someone's 650i and my old 2007 335i cabrio to choose from for a total of 4 cars(picture attached). I was unable to set this up first for the 2011 335is (dealership used "I'm yours" as the default password and was never able to program with this password), but set the 335is as the same 4 number password as the new X3.

Don't know what would happen if I called up BMW to remove the other 2 cars if 'My Remote' app would stop working as it is a BMW UK feature and not 'approved' by NA.

Coming Soon: "2 Countries (DE/USA), 2 Cars (435/X5), 1 ED/Welt (9/29), 1 PCD (10/3) conquered in 1 calendar week"
2015 X5 50i M Sport- On order 10/3 PCD
2015 435 Cabrio M-Sport ED On order 9/29 ED
2011 X3 xDrive 35i M-Sport (6/2011 PCD) Soon to be retired.
2011 335is Cabrio ED (9/2010)/PCD (12/2010) Soon to be retired.
2007 X3is PCD (1/2007)-Retired
2007 335i Cabrio PCD (6/2007)-Retired
2004 328i Cabrio PCD (3/2004)-Retired
BMWCCA Lifetime Member