Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series

M Series
The ///M Series Forums. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 03-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Diesel Power

Send a message via ICQ to Polle325
Mein Auto: BMW 325tds
Buying an E30 M3

Finally found someone selling his E30 M3.
Since this car is a respectable 17 years old (when i was 4), I don't know very much about it. So I'd really appreciate if you guys could give me your opinions. What are the points to inspect? Does it have any major known flaws? And finally, how does it drive?
Made a testdrive with the seller today, but didn't drive it myself.
Here's where you can find the car.

I'll translate:

Main:
1987 BMW E30 M3
Kilometers: 115.000km
Color: Black
Price: 11.250

Options:
Ally-wheels
Central locking
Electric windows+mirrors
Boardcomputer
Leather
Sunroof
Radio-cd
Servosteering

Note:
"Very beatiful car. Engine revised (or however you say that). 255BHP. Beige leather interiour. BBS wheels."

Info from the owner:
Guy bought it a year ago, says it never had been crashed (seems like he's telling the truth).
Car has no service history, but the seller changes oil every 5.000km and also does the rest of maintenance himself. Because he has 2 more beatiful cars, I believe him.
No dents, only a bit curb-rash and a little bit of rust at the bottom of the front windshield.
Car is completely original except for the wheels, engine performance (no chip) and the handmade stainless steel exhaust.

What to do?
Tnx in advance for your help.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Living on the redline

Mein Auto: a BMW killer
well good luck, here in the US I got discouraged and gave up, too many clowns trying to get top dollar for junk

interior is perfect = show up and it's filthy and banged up

paint is perfect except for a "14 yr old car" - show up and it's chipped, peeling, polished to oblivion by an amateur

carfax is flawless - ran the carfax, what's up with this odometer rollback flag?

all I can say is buyer beware a lot of shucksters out there

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why it's called the present