Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 07-18-2011, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto: 01 320i
Cool brittle plastic hoses

checking my ccv,tried to remove hose from from front of valve cover.plastic so brittle,the hose just snapped clean in half.wrapped with black electrical tape.ordered new ccv valve,and hoses.not something i wanted to get into,right off the bat.after reading about the complication of changing ccv.i guess to drive a classy car,there is going to be a learning curve.love my first bmw.01 320i 5speed.
with this great site,i feel any problem can,and will get fixed.
thank-you
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2011, 09:33 PM

hoping

tape looked like it might hold ,may-be a few days.disconnected broke hose,covered with cable weather proofing shrink wrap.looks like,it will hold longer than crap from 3rd world parts store,or ebay.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:33 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
I have a suggestion from you having replaced the CCV a few times. What the easiest thing to do is to replace the CCV is to remove the front brace that attaches to the intake manifold to the block. Once your remove or at least loosen the bottom and remove the top bolt you can move it out of the way. That will allow you to get the CCV out. Note that you have a black rubber hose going to the dip stick and that will be totally welded to the CCV so don't bother to try and save it, you need to replace the hose and it is just a cheap rubber hose anyway. The other black plastic pipe is from the valve cover, the one you broke and the other is a rubber hose that is inserted into the intake.
With your airfilter out of the way you should be able to do this with the brace out of the way.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 AM

re brittle plastic hose

thank-you for the suggestion,i will give it a try.Waiting for my parts,and Bentley manual