Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 07-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X6 50i
Chassis Stabilization Malfunction?!

My 2012 X6 is 2 months old. It has not been driven hard yet. An unusual error message appeared yesterday upon start. "Chassis Stabilization Malfunction". It is my impression that this is related to X-drive. I took the car home immediately and planned to call the dealer on Monday. There is no noticeable difference in how it drives. However, when I started the car up the next morning the error message was gone. I did nothing to intentionally reset the system. Luckily I snapped a pic of the screen with my phone before the message disappeared.

Should I be concerned?
Is this just a computer glitch?
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to Jesus Pernas
Mein Auto: BMW X6 5.0 xdrive
Aquaplaning respose

Hi:
please check my threat. Acuaplaning!!!!!
I'm trying to see if someone has the same problems.
After (or during) our accident the same screen apeared (in Spanish). In BMW said nothing wrong was saved on the computer, of the car, but I'm not sure.
I want to find out if the car fails or the tiires. In medium ammount of rain, and very small transversal water flu in highway, speeding at just 100 Km (60 M) the car moves bad like loosing control all the time. Rest of the cars can go faster.
Same screen apeared after the accident, my car did not have any damage except for alignment and scrats in the rims. dealer says that the computer recognized something was wrong after de accident?????
But security systems when the aquaplaning started (DSC, ABS, DTC, etc) never worked, I don't know if they were supposed to act, and I'm not sure if they are functioning in my car or not. the diagnosis the dealer made says everything is ok.
we coul've been killed in this accident.
Sorry I don't send the image, I also got the same one in my cell but still don't know how to put it in here.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X6 50i
I have not had any trouble with handling or hydroplaning on wet roads.