Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 02-14-2015, 10:45 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Wink So What Did You Get for Your Valentines...

Sent flowers to my flower at her office:

And today I asked if she could get some stuff I forgot in my trunk:

Old 02-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Valentine's Day is a holiday that exists to guilt men into buying stuff for their significant other, as a supposed show of Love........or else. So glad its over for another year after being inundated with advertising along those lines for the entire year to date. Nothing says "I love you" more than delivering flowers to the office so your significant other can throw them in the face of everyone who didn't get anything or is unattached.

One thing I love about my wife of 31 years is that she doesn't care about flowers, chocolates, stuffed bears or the other crap that is Valentine's Day. Sure, we exchange something simple, but spending time with her on a Saturday to leisurely shop, have lunch at her favorite chinese restaurant, driving around town top down with her favorite music playing and generally paying attention to her is much more important to her. The topper was cooking my special Eggplant Parm for her and then cleaning the kitchen.

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 02-15-2015, 02:07 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Uhhhhm... Oooooookay lol!

I don't feel "guilty" buying or doing something special for my wife this or any other day. I'm sure millions of other guys/gals would agree.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
Valentine's Day is a holiday that exists to guilt men into buying stuff for their significant other, as a supposed show of Love........or else. So glad its over for another year after being inundated with advertising along those lines for the entire year to date. Nothing says "I love you" more than delivering flowers to the office so your significant other can throw them in the face of everyone who didn't get anything or is unattached.

One thing I love about my wife of 31 years is that she doesn't care about flowers, chocolates, stuffed bears or the other crap that is Valentine's Day. Sure, we exchange something simple, but spending time with her on a Saturday to leisurely shop, have lunch at her favorite chinese restaurant, driving around town top down with her favorite music playing and generally paying attention to her is much more important to her. The topper was cooking my special Eggplant Parm for her and then cleaning the kitchen.
Damn dude! After reading that bleak assessment I just don't know what else to say. I love surprising my wife on Valentines day. It gives me a kick to see the smile on her face when she gets home from the hospital after a 12 hour shift. And she definitely loves that.

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: RR Sport SC, GL450
My wife and I don't really do valentines day, it's too cliche. She has my credit card to buy what she pleases anytime(boy, does she have expensive taste). OTOH, it can be a regular Tuesday in August and I might surprise her with flowers or something else.

2012 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes GL450

2010 Sea Doo RXT-X 260 HP SC

2006 Black Sapphire Metallic 650i 6MT SOLD

2008 White Diamond Tricoat Cadillac Escalade SOLD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 02-15-2015, 03:19 PM

Hahaha! TXSTYLE! I guess great minds think alike. You got yours a MK purse and flowers. And I got mine an MK watch and flowers and some Champaign.

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ3 View Post
My wife and I don't really do valentines day, it's too cliche. She has my credit card to buy what she pleases anytime(boy, does she have expensive taste). OTOH, it can be a regular Tuesday in August and I might surprise her with flowers or something else.
My wife is a Physicians assistant. We both pull 6 figure salaries. But this year hers was more than mine by $40K. So she doesn't need my credit card. She has her own. Hahaha! Yeas ago when she was just an apartment locator when she was getting ready to go back to school I said when your out of school and making the big bucks don't forget that this blue collar machinist put you through school and made the mortgage payments and both car payment to do it. But she doesn't look at things in terms of money. Im getting ready to tern 45 on Feb 23. And she is 49 in this picture. 16 years of marriage.

And this was when we first met. Holy crap! Look how much younger we looked. Amazing.

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 03:37 PM

This thread should be retitled the "Chris-Chris" thread.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
This thread should be retitled the "Chris-Chris" thread.
I didn't realize that you are from Arlington. I'm getting ready to go up there in a few weeks for my oldest daughters cheer leading competition. It's the big one. It's like a rock concert.

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 03:51 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
Hahaha! TXSTYLE! I guess great minds think alike. You got yours a MK purse and flowers. And I got mine an MK watch and flowers and some Champaign.

Nice man! That's what I'm talking about!

Anyone who says Valentines Day is cliche is simply either: cheap or doesn't care what their significant other thinks. Prior to getting married (nearly 15yrs and she's gotten something each time) I even got the plethora of girlfriends I've had something dating back to High School! And they ALL have appreciated it immensely. So just because YOU don't do it for what ever reason or excuse, don't try and down play it cause others like myself choose to. That's just lame.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:54 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
My wife is a Physicians assistant. We both pull 6 figure salaries. But this year hers was more than mine by $40K. So she doesn't need my credit card. She has her own. Hahaha! Yeas ago when she was just an apartment locator when she was getting ready to go back to school I said when your out of school and making the big bucks don't forget that this blue collar machinist put you through school and made the mortgage payments and both car payment to do it. But she doesn't look at things in terms of money. Im getting ready to tern 45 on Feb 23. And she is 49 in this picture. 16 years of marriage.

And this was when we first met. Holy crap! Look how much younger we looked. Amazing.

Awesome! 14+yrs for us and I will be 45 this July and she will be 40. Here is last night after dinner:

Old 02-15-2015, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto: RR Sport SC, GL450
So What Did You Get for Your Valentines...

Quote:

My wife and I have joint everything. Checking, savings, investments, credit cards etc etc.

When I buy something, she buys it lol. Vice versa.

2012 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes GL450

2010 Sea Doo RXT-X 260 HP SC

2006 Black Sapphire Metallic 650i 6MT SOLD

2008 White Diamond Tricoat Cadillac Escalade SOLD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last edited by BlaZinMJ3; 02-15-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:

After nearly 30 years together and 17 years of marriage next month, this was exactly what I was thinking until it got weird:

She's making me her 'famous' CHICKEN parm tonight. (and I'll clean the kitchen- like I do every night.)

Last edited by PropellerHead; 02-15-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Over-the-Hill

Mein Auto: '07 530xiT
We don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but my boys did take me to Steak 'n' Shake.
And you know what?
It was awesome.

(For my birthday next weekend, however, I'm expecting something a bit more high-brow. )

Last edited by Melissa; 02-15-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Agreed. Totally made up hallmark holiday like secretary's day. Thankfully wife made it clear when we met that she doesn't go in for this stuff. Come home a random day with something that says "I thought of you today" and it means far more than a "holiday" set aside.

Heck, even the idea of a special dinner is funny for us as we like to approach most meals as a chance to experiment (today I butchered my first rabbit so we could make a rabbit cassoulet for Mardi Gras). Last night was sesame crusted ahi, fresh asparagus, a nice quinoa blend. Not really any different from any other Saturday night.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

Awesome! 14+yrs for us and I will be 45 this July and she will be 40. Here is last night after dinner:

Beautiful man. There's nothing like having a good women in your life. And anytime I can show my appreciation for her I will even if it's not Valentines day. But hey! That's what valentines day is for. And I'm down with that even if it's not for everybody else.

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 435i Gran Coupe
Every year I give my wife "the 12 dates of Christmas" as a present and she is allowed to open 1 envelope (date) each month. So whatever she picks for February ends up being our v-day plans. This year was an exception as v-day was the same day as St. Louis's mardi gras so we did that instead and will just do the date she picked (wine tasting) this upcoming weekend.

Last year it was a buy one get one CCW class followed by dinner at Morton's. Nothing says I love you more than guns and great steak!

2015 BMW 435i GC MSport (ED Sept 29, 2014)
2004 BMW 530i (retired)
2010 Lexus RX350 AWD (hers)
Old 02-15-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlink View Post
Every year I give my wife "the 12 dates of Christmas" as a present and she is allowed to open 1 envelope (date) each month. So whatever she picks for February ends up being our v-day plans. This year was an exception as v-day was the same day as St. Louis's mardi gras so we did that instead and will just do the date she picked (wine tasting) this upcoming weekend.

Last year it was a buy one get one CCW class followed by dinner at Morton's. Nothing says I love you more than guns and great steak!
Guns and steak. Good stuff. Some forums are kinda uncomfortable when you start talking guns so I wasn't really sure about this one. But yes I do cherish mine. And a good black angus needs no A1.

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
We don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but my boys did take me to Steak 'n' Shake.
And you know what?
It was awesome.

(For my birthday next weekend, however, I'm expecting something a bit more high-brow. )
They have a Steak 'n' Shake right by my house. It is delicious. It's not for the health conscious that's for sure. And the just opened a Chimichanga's by me. We've been meaning to try it out. They are always packed.

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
After nearly 30 years together and 17 years of marriage next month, this was exactly what I was thinking until it got weird:

She's making me her 'famous' CHICKEN parm tonight. (and I'll clean the kitchen- like I do every night.)
I also fried up some chicken for some chicken parm as well.

BRKF - Rabbit - that is adventuresome! I like to experiment in the kitchen, but nothing that aggressive.

Last edited by Z4luvr; 02-15-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:

BRKF - Rabbit - that is adventuresome! I like to experiment in the kitchen, but nothing that aggressive.
You guys are making me hungry lol!

1968 Ford Mustang "sold"
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2007 BMW 530i
2009 Corvette ZR1
Old 02-15-2015, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 740iL
Nothing, we both have a havoc work schedules. So just saying happy V day. That's.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Displaced Charger Fan

Mein Auto: 330Ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkf View Post
Come home a random day with something that says "I thought of you today" and it means far more than a "holiday" set aside.
This is pretty much our world. Took in a hockey game with a charity jersey auction afterward. It's an annual cancer research fundraiser, and how we've spent the last 4 valentines days.

I’m usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. - Martellus Bennett
Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:

lol.

We made a deal with our son that he gets to pick a new meat each week this year (it's an effort to keep his palate expanding). So far we've gone pretty basic (bison meatloaf) to more adventurous... kangaroo chili. He's pushing for turtle for next week's Eat the Oscars Party.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Scheiße!!!

Mein Auto: E30 M3
I bought her and installed new belts and tensioner pulleys. She loved them.

2014 328d xDrive Sports Wagon
2013 X1 sDrive28i
2005 330i ZHP
1999 323iC
1989 M3

Retired
2013 X5 xDrive35d
2012 128i
2010 128i
2009 MINI Cooper
2006 330i
2004 325i