Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #976  
Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 PM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Silver should be good the last few months of the year Gains on the weekly calls today were over 1000%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1346466431.013122.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	339815  
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #977  
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
I think Facebook just went into Bull mode and I believe it started on Monday.

Check out call option volume on the weekly for this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1346944508.492892.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	340600  
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #978  
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Yeah, I agree, we had quite a reversal on Tues around 1420.

I think there's very little volume driving these QE-based rallies - the bulk of investors are not convinced this is anything but a temporary Fed-driven rally.
Finally crossed 1420. 1500 would be the next stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I think Facebook just went into Bull mode and I believe it started on Monday.

Check out call option volume on the weekly for this week.
I'm wrong on FB, underestimated the insider-selling pressure. On the other hand, LNKD looks incredibly expensive but still going strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Silver should be good the last few months of the year Gains on the weekly calls today were over 1000%
Indeed

Last edited by Griffoun; 09-06-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #979  
Old 09-06-2012, 10:19 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post
Finally crossed 1420. 1500 would be the next stop?



I'm wrong on FB, underestimated the insider-selling pressure. On the other hand, LNKD looks incredibly expensive but still going strong.



Indeed
Silver looks safe and good to buy on pullbacks. Facebook looks like a good gamble here for a dead cat bounce. Very short term on Facebook I sea bounce before more shares get freed up. Most likely they will pump stock to raise stock price before the next set of shares get released for another dump lol..
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #980  
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
BAC cooking today. Call volume for $8,$8.5 and $9 are really active today. Someone is on a shopping spree today buying up shares and calls

http://www.google.com/finance/option...KDjE8T3kAWS2AE
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #981  
Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
BAC pop as expected and Silver gaining after last small drop. Silver in bull mode now. Both banks and commodities like Silver and Gold love QE3
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #982  
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
vladd07 vladd07 is offline
Registered User
Location: North New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: 2003 525i 5spd Toledo Blu
nice calls.. im watching amd aright now I bought it earlier in the day but sold my shares when it dipped below yesterdays lows
Reply With Quote
  #983  
Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd07 View Post
nice calls.. im watching amd aright now I bought it earlier in the day but sold my shares when it dipped below yesterdays lows
I played AMD a while back ago and lost money on that stock. Not an easy one to make money off of (at least for me). One I also like now after the last huge sell off is MCP. Ones I currently trade often are SLV,BAC,AAPL,BAC and SPY.

So far SLV,BAC and AAPL all have been good to buy on the dips. SLV and BAC have been paying nicely for weekly call options being bought on Thursday that expire on Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weekly BAC gains.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	368.8 KB
ID:	340850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Warren.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	463.0 KB
ID:	340851  
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold

Last edited by stylinexpat; 09-08-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #984  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd07 View Post
nice calls.. im watching amd aright now I bought it earlier in the day but sold my shares when it dipped below yesterdays lows
AMD is a dying company until it makes significant technology shift.

INTC Is far from dying, but it should also reinvent itself quickly to keep itself relevant in the post-PC era.

For big name in chip sector, stick with QCOM.
Reply With Quote
  #985  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:05 PM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post
AMD is a dying company until it makes significant technology shift.

INTC Is far from dying, but it should also reinvent itself quickly to keep itself relevant in the post-PC era.

For big name in chip sector, stick with QCOM.
Yeah, QCOM is in better shoes these days compared to AMD.
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #986  
Old 09-12-2012, 01:40 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Here comes QE3 which is great for Silver,Gold,Oil and Banks

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...e-to-2015.html


Could explain this pop yesterday for BAC. Was expecting BAC to go up as I had mentioned before.


We should see some nice Silver gains during this last quarter of the year as well. MCP is one I am keeping an eye on as well and buying on dips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAC stock.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	341487  
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #987  
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Here comes QE3 which is great for Silver,Gold,Oil and Banks

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...e-to-2015.html


Could explain this pop yesterday for BAC. Was expecting BAC to go up as I had mentioned before.


We should see some nice Silver gains during this last quarter of the year as well. MCP is one I am keeping an eye on as well and buying on dips.
In general the market's turning bullish, probably it's due to QE in Europe coming soon.
Reply With Quote
  #988  
Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
oh no, QE3 is here...
Reply With Quote
  #989  
Old 09-13-2012, 11:48 AM
MatWiz's Avatar
MatWiz MatWiz is offline
Psychology Reversalist
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,074
Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post
oh no, QE3 is here...
We should demand that the actual, physical, size of the dollar bills would be reduced proportionally...
__________________
MatWiz
"Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing." -Judy the Elf
Reply With Quote
  #990  
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
We should demand that the actual, physical, size of the dollar bills would be reduced proportionally...
Tell me about it....

Now I regret not selling everything else and buy SLV earlier...

actually it's better to buy ELLI than SLV.
Reply With Quote
  #991  
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 PM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Silver and BAC gained as expected

$9.50 BAC options gains were sick though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347596457.933315.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	341776   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347596484.860659.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	341777   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347596527.418049.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	341778   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347596550.446322.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	341779  
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #992  
Old 09-14-2012, 08:03 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
BAC and MCP winning lotto numbers today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347631473.860612.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	341804   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347631494.511653.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	341805  
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #993  
Old 09-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post
S is up to $4 now on 4x the average daily volume and there's still half day to trade!

PCS (Metro PCS) up 40% today, holy cow! Shorts are getting killed there!

Reading Sprint's earning call transcript, I'd say there will be rumor of S acquiring PCS in late 2013 or 2014 assuming it continues to gain traction on NV and subscriber gain for the rest of the year, reasons being (1) Dan H has finally gained creditably from the board to turn the company around after being denied the idea earlier this year, (2) Sprint is running out of specturm by 2015 excluding CLWR's low-quality 2.5Ghz, and (3) Sprint will be done with Network Vision, and ready to merge with another CDMA and LTE carrier, and most importantly, (4) Dans' statement from the call that it wants to see consolidation in the industry.

$5.5 isn't that far fetched at this point.
Quoting my post from July after Sprint's earning call.

It closed at 5.22 yesterday, and traded as low as 5.14 earlier this morning. In the past hour money started pouring in and now it's up almost 8%! Dan Hesse is speaking at Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference, I bet this comment must have something to do with it. It's trading at 5.59 now as was as high as 5.63.

The cup and handle pattern didn't fully materialize. nevertheless there's been a month of consolidation since August. The high on 8/15 was 5.49, will see if it can closes above $5.5 today. If it managed to top $5.75 which was the high in July 2011, it can go higher from there.

Edited: 30 minutes left in trading, now up over 9%. Guess the big firms want it to test 5.75 today

PCS is up 5%+ at this point on 2x avg vol, while LEAP doesn't move much, it's quite clear which company the market wants Sprint to pair up with.

Edited again... closed at 5.56, that's all I wanted. Options expiration this Friday should be exciting the rest of this week, but at this point all signs point to S can't take out $6.

Last edited by Griffoun; 09-19-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #994  
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 PM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post
Quoting my post from July after Sprint's earning call.

It closed at 5.22 yesterday, and traded as low as 5.14 earlier this morning. In the past hour money started pouring in and now it's up almost 8%! Dan Hesse is speaking at Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference, I bet this comment must have something to do with it. It's trading at 5.59 now as was as high as 5.63.

The cup and handle pattern didn't fully materialize. nevertheless there's been a month of consolidation since August. The high on 8/15 was 5.49, will see if it can closes above $5.5 today. If it managed to top $5.75 which was the high in July 2011, it can go higher from there.

Edited: 30 minutes left in trading, now up over 9%. Guess the big firms want it to test 5.75 today

PCS is up 5%+ at this point on 2x avg vol, while LEAP doesn't move much, it's quite clear which company the market wants Sprint to pair up with.

Edited again... closed at 5.56, that's all I wanted. Options expiration this Friday should be exciting the rest of this week, but at this point all signs point to S can't take out $6.
When I looked at the September $9.50 call options earlier on today at $.04 they looked very cheap and undervalued. Sure enough they were as they shot up to close at $.14 nice run for sprint today.
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #995  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
When I looked at the September $9.50 call options earlier on today at $.04 they looked very cheap and undervalued. Sure enough they were as they shot up to close at $.14 nice run for sprint today.
Crazy activity on them $9.50 calls that expire today. Yesterday they went back down to $.04 and today they are back at $.15 now up $.11 or at least triple of what they were yesterday so basically $10K yesterday would be over $30K today

http://www.google.com/finance/option...UPDLIMi2kAWXTQ
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #996  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
It seems T-Mobile is closed to buying MetroPCS... Sprint is tanking...
Reply With Quote
  #997  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post
It seems T-Mobile is closed to buying MetroPCS... Sprint is tanking...
Sprint should bounce back after it bottoms out. Should be good to buy once it finishes bottoming out. MCP should be good too.
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #998  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Sprint should bounce back after it bottoms out. Should be good to buy once it finishes bottoming out.
Very interesting price action on PCS, LEAP and S today.

LEAP falls back to the ground, losing more than it gained yesterday.
PCS down 8%, possibly because it's not getting as much money investors are hoping for.
S lost 1% at the beginning, but now up 4%.

Separately DISH is up as well, and DISH has always been wanting to get into the wireless market.

So that means investors don't see S buying LEAP, and S could be the one being acquired.

Even combining PCS, S and T-Mobile, it's still smaller than VZ and T. But if T-Mobile and S were to merge, DISH simply can't afford it. Also it does't make sense for DISH to buy LEAP given the small presence and concentration in 2nd tier markets.
Reply With Quote
  #999  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 AM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,171
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post
Very interesting price action on PCS, LEAP and S today.

LEAP falls back to the ground, losing more than it gained yesterday.
PCS down 8%, possibly because it's not getting as much money investors are hoping for.
S lost 1% at the beginning, but now up 4%.

Separately DISH is up as well, and DISH has always been wanting to get into the wireless market.

So that means investors don't see S buying LEAP, and S could be the one being acquired.

Even combining PCS, S and T-Mobile, it's still smaller than VZ and T. But if T-Mobile and S were to merge, DISH simply can't afford it. Also it does't make sense for DISH to buy LEAP given the small presence and concentration in 2nd tier markets.
Sprint and BAC easy money on pullbacks. Call options amost always double. Weekly 9.50 BAC calls were .02-.03 2-3 days ago. Hit $.14 earlier on today before pulling back. $5 Sprint calls also doubled today.
__________________
2014 Cayman S
2009 M3 Sold
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold

Last edited by stylinexpat; 10-05-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1000  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
.
Location: x
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Sprint and BAC easy money on pullbacks. Call options amost always double. Weekly 9.50 BAC calls were .02-.03 2-3 days ago. Hit $.14 earlier on today before pulling back. $5 Sprint calls also doubled today.
If you have extra to bet, try your luck on PCS.

I'm not gonna tell you to buy put or call... you decide if S is going to make a move.

If S didn't, PCS would tank back to $11, otherwise it could see at least $15.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms