Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:45 PM
AntDX316 AntDX316 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,163
Mein Auto: BMW 5-series
Why?

Do lots of people stereotype BMW drivers as asshole drivers?
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 AM
mfumbesi mfumbesi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Pretoria SA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 381
Mein Auto: E46 323i, E60 545i
Because there are asshole BMW drivers, not all of them obviously but there is a minority that is spoiling it for all of us.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:07 AM
omaralt omaralt is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 646
Mein Auto: 2013 550i
because people like you drive them
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 AM
russo2kx russo2kx is offline
Registered User
Location: nj
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: BMW 550i
whats the difference between a porcupine and a BMW???






With a BMW the prick in on the inside.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 AM
AntDX316 AntDX316 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,163
Mein Auto: BMW 5-series
haha, yeah had some lady say asshole out loud when I was making an illegal U-turn
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:37 AM
wade_wilson530i wade_wilson530i is offline
Registered User
Location: Hamilton, NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 57
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
Do lots of people stereotype BMW drivers as asshole drivers?
Yes, especially the asshole drivers who drive on NJ public roads @ over 120mph while recording themselves doing it... Not even in their own Bimmers. P.s., I've braced myself for your reply of "delete"
__________________
2007 BMW 530i- Sports/Prem. package
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:44 AM
djfitter's Avatar
djfitter djfitter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orange County, SoCal
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532
Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
haha, yeah had some lady say asshole out loud when I was making an illegal U-turn
That must be 'cuz you are one.
Another 'delete covered.

dj
__________________
'08 535i
Deep Sea Blue
Cream Beige
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
AntDX316 AntDX316 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,163
Mein Auto: BMW 5-series
during the day driving normally gets boring so going in and out of traffic 3 mph over everyone else is great
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 AM
AntDX316 AntDX316 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,163
Mein Auto: BMW 5-series
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade_wilson530i View Post
Yes, especially the asshole drivers who drive on NJ public roads @ over 120mph while recording themselves doing it... Not even in their own Bimmers. P.s., I've braced myself for your reply of "delete"
I stopped doing those cause it's not safe.. just takes someone to lane change to my lane to ruin it all

I only do that stuff when it's really clear ahead
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Porando Porando is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South OC
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 416
Mein Auto: 2005 545iA, 2004 X5 4.4L
BMW's are expected to drive fast, pass most of the time and be rather aggressive.. Why? Because BMWs can and BMW drivers should..

When I drive on the road and see let's say Toyota going @ speed limit on right lane - it is normal. I pass him and go....
When I drive and see BMW going @ speed limit on right lane (cant even imagine if it was on fast lane) - I yell..." Damn.....they should take that car away from this idiot.... he should be driving Corolla"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 AM
ThoreauHD ThoreauHD is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Virginia
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 682
Mein Auto: 02/1994 530i 8cylinder
I notice alot of people speed up and tail me, almost expecting me to go fast on the highway. It's kind of odd. And when I do speed up then pull into the slower lane, they match speed and wait for me to speed up again.

I always drive at 9 miles over and rarely do 19 miles over. But still they think I'm the dbag that's going to peg 90 in a 55. It's like everyone in their ****box wants to draft behind me.

To be honest, I'm wondering if they hop all over new BMW cars as much as my decade old auto. I just find it weird and somewhat annoying. It's like I'm guaranteed a stalking session whenever I hit the highway.

Or maybe I drive like a asshole and they really are stalking me. I can't really tell.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:55 AM
wade_wilson530i wade_wilson530i is offline
Registered User
Location: Hamilton, NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 57
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porando View Post
BMW's are expected to drive fast, pass most of the time and be rather aggressive.. Why? Because BMWs can and BMW drivers should..

When I drive on the road and see let's say Toyota going @ speed limit on right lane - it is normal. I pass him and go....
When I drive and see BMW going @ speed limit on right lane (cant even imagine if it was on fast lane) - I yell..." Damn.....they should take that car away from this idiot.... he should be driving Corolla"
Are you joking or are you really related to Ant?
__________________
2007 BMW 530i- Sports/Prem. package
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 AM
2chill's Avatar
2chill 2chill is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 913
Mein Auto: 2008 528XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfitter View Post
That must be 'cuz you are one.
Another 'delete covered.

dj
Good job
__________________

PP, CWP, NAV, satelite radio, USB, Folding Rear Seats.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-21-2011, 11:26 AM
2chill's Avatar
2chill 2chill is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 913
Mein Auto: 2008 528XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
I stopped doing those cause it's not safe.. just takes someone to lane change to my lane to ruin it all

I only do that stuff when it's really clear ahead
"delete" covered.
__________________

PP, CWP, NAV, satelite radio, USB, Folding Rear Seats.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:45 PM
djfitter's Avatar
djfitter djfitter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orange County, SoCal
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532
Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chill View Post
"delete" covered.


dj
__________________
'08 535i
Deep Sea Blue
Cream Beige
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Bad Debt's Avatar
Bad Debt Bad Debt is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 367
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade_wilson530i View Post
Are you joking or are you really related to Ant?

I know.. what a stupid ass post.
__________________

'05 545i, Auto, Orient Blue, Beige Dakota,Bamboo Anthracite, Logic 7, Xenon, PDC, Premium Package, Mtec V2 AE, 19" E92 M3 Rep. Wheels, M5TEC Bumper , MTEC rear bumper, 70k miles as of 1/13.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Porando Porando is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South OC
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 416
Mein Auto: 2005 545iA, 2004 X5 4.4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade_wilson530i View Post
Are you joking or are you really related to Ant?
Not joking, not related to Ant.. Just fast and safe BMW driver who hates slow cars on fast lanes and shakes his head seeing slow BMW drivers - just can't figure out why would you buy BMW if you drive slow? MB and Lexus are much more suited for that....After all BMW's are made for driving and not for riding?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
JASONAARONDC JASONAARONDC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: THE DMV
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 142
Send a message via Skype™ to JASONAARONDC
Mein Auto: 04' 525i
__________________

2004 525i AUTO, STAGGERED 20" BEYERN RAPP WHEELS
160k+ MILES AND STILL CRANKS UP LIKE THE DAY I BOUGHT HER
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Munich77 Munich77 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,019
Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoreauHD View Post
I notice alot of people speed up and tail me, almost expecting me to go fast on the highway. It's kind of odd. And when I do speed up then pull into the slower lane, they match speed and wait for me to speed up again.

I always drive at 9 miles over and rarely do 19 miles over. But still they think I'm the dbag that's going to peg 90 in a 55. It's like everyone in their ****box wants to draft behind me.

To be honest, I'm wondering if they hop all over new BMW cars as much as my decade old auto. I just find it weird and somewhat annoying. It's like I'm guaranteed a stalking session whenever I hit the highway.

Or maybe I drive like a asshole and they really are stalking me. I can't really tell.
I seem to have the same problem. I had a guy today trying to explore the nether regions of my tail pipe as I am keeping minimal distance in rush hour traffic.
__________________
2008 535 xi, space grey, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, nav, folding seats, PDC

BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Slaymaster's Avatar
Slaymaster Slaymaster is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Colts Neck, NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,113
Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
Been away and just happened to check in to see Sir Anthony is back! Well Ant, you're not dead, you haven't crashed mom's car, you haven't killed anyone, you still drive like you stole mom's car, and last but not least, you're still a virgin and haven't been laid. Did you at least pie a girl???
__________________
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Munich77 Munich77 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,019
Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymaster View Post
Been away and just happened to check in to see Sir Anthony is back! Well Ant, you're not dead, you haven't crashed mom's car, you haven't killed anyone, you still drive like you stole mom's car, and last but not least, you're still a virgin and haven't been laid. Did you at least pie a girl???
Why is that I am thinking of American Pie right now
__________________
2008 535 xi, space grey, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, nav, folding seats, PDC

BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-21-2011, 03:33 PM
jamessisson jamessisson is offline
Registered User
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 2006 530i and a SV1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porando View Post
Not joking, not related to Ant.. Just fast and safe BMW driver who hates slow cars on fast lanes and shakes his head seeing slow BMW drivers - just can't figure out why would you buy BMW if you drive slow? MB and Lexus are much more suited for that....After all BMW's are made for driving and not for riding?
I do agree. BMWs are meant to be driven. I managed to ware out my rear set of Hankooks in 6 months. 26 miles a day commute, three trips to Vegas, a run to LA, and the much needed sprint on the weekends. YES BMWs MUST BE DRIVEN!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 PM
2chill's Avatar
2chill 2chill is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 913
Mein Auto: 2008 528XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymaster View Post
Been away and just happened to check in to see Sir Anthony is back! Well Ant, you're not dead, you haven't crashed mom's car, you haven't killed anyone, you still drive like you stole mom's car, and last but not least, you're still a virgin and haven't been laid. Did you at least pie a girl???
If you've been away you probably missed his "did anyone miss me" thread where he was babbling about taking a brand new $100,000 BMW 6 series on a test drive---by himself! To keep a long story short he wound up deleting everything after he got the usual responses from everybody on board.
Now djfitter and I are "delete proofing" all of his posts!
__________________

PP, CWP, NAV, satelite radio, USB, Folding Rear Seats.

Last edited by 2chill; 07-21-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 AM
centennIan centennIan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Virginia
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 108
Mein Auto: 2008 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
Why do lots of people stereotype BMW drivers as asshole drivers?
Because a certain number of attention-starved dillweeds use BMWs as rolling attempts to seem significant, instead of as Cars. You might consult a mirror for further info.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Munich77 Munich77 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,019
Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennIan View Post
Because a certain number of attention-starved dillweeds use BMWs as rolling attempts to seem significant, instead of as Cars. You might consult a mirror for further info.
LOL
__________________
2008 535 xi, space grey, black dakota leather, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, nav, folding seats, PDC

BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms